Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Acanthus meeting at Philip`s place

THREADID
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Night Hawk Base):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 4/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 4/2 (Fortunes Protection, Sibyls Sight, Shifting the odds, Quantum Flux)
    Stats 2

Base: Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in FP:UL: Winter)): 3/6, on person: 3/2: (Fortunes Protection(FP), Perfect Moment, Exceptional Luck)
    (in Squeaky Choir (SQ): Nearest Building): 6/6 spells (on person 6/2): (FP, Sybils Sight, Gain Skill, Exceptional Luck, Pulse of the Living World, Quantum Flux)
    (in Ley Line/Hallows(LLHF40)): 3/6 spells, 3/2 on person: (FP, Sybils Sight, Exceptional Luck)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in Consilium
    Armor: 4 (FP, SQ, DYLF, LLHF40) Defense: 3 , Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.

OCC
    PRE

Cavendish Kelreth Lachesis MaxPosh

At the appointed time and place, Philip was ready. His (tiny) apartment had been brought up to spec, the table set. And he`d decided the seriousness would go down better with food. So, quietly chanting in High Speech, forming the imago for Quantum Flux to assist with his cooking, he put his entire Awakened will behind it- the task of making him and his place presentable and any guests happy.

1 success

chocolate chip cookies, exceptional difficulty partially offset by QF, (size 3 (+1), durability 0(+1); target 2 ... 9/2 suxx, 4/4 rolls, 2 hours

With a decent snack and/or desert done in his chocolate chip cookies, he decided to also whip up a lasagne for a main dish, anything to make his guests happy and feel welcome.
    lasagne, exceptional difficulty partially offset by QF (size 3 (+1), durability 0(+1); target 2 ... 5/2 suxx, 4/4 rolls, 2 hours

For drinks, wine, beer, water and assorted juices would be provided.
    But he didn`t dress in business clothes. Blue shorts, orange shirt, standard running shoes. He hoped his new friends could make it. It wasn`t every day he invited someone to come to his place after all, but he felt that the occasion warranted it.
    (in DYLF: Night Hawk Burrow)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    (Fortunes Protection, Sybils Sight, Shifting the Odds, Quantum Flux) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 4 (because of FP)

PRE

New in town, senior mage, dinner at his ?residence?. Cavendish shows up in dress slacks and a button down, though rolled up and a few buttons open. And a bottle of wine.

Wait dudes a Libertine..fu... Crosses Cavendish's mind right as he knocks on the man's door. Well this should be interesting.
    Baseline:

3. Bump Xisdor "Bump" this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Spells on person: 4/2 (Fortunes Protection, Sibyls Sight, Shifting the odds, Quantum Flux)
    Stats 2

Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in FP:UL: Winter)): 3/6, on person: 3/2: (Fortunes Protection(FP), Perfect Moment, Exceptional Luck)
    (in Squeaky Choir (SQ): Nearest Building): 6/6 spells (on person 6/2): (FP, Sybils Sight, Gain Skill, Exceptional Luck, Pulse of the Living World, Quantum Flux)
    (in Ley Line/Hallows(LLHF40)): 3/6 spells, 3/2 on person: (FP, Sybils Sight, Exceptional Luck)
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.

OCC
    PRE

With his preparations complete, Philip decided to welcome Cavendish at the main entrance downstairs,as he`d otherwise not have heard him knocking on the door to the outside of the apartment complex he lived in. So he beckoned him inside and to follow him, showing him the way to his place.

"Hi. Glad to have you. Make yourself at home. I made cookies and lasagne for this occasion and got an assortment of drinks, so I hope you`re hungry. But while we do have a lot to discuss I have a favor to ask. For sensitive topics like anything about company business I`d prefer writing. I`m just crossing my t`s and dotting my I`s so I hope you understand."
    He said with a smile that was replaced by a brief frown, taking out his order tool slash phone and quickly writing and showing him a draft for a text of rules he wanted him to in his sanctum, *If he was interested in seeing the phone, which he then immediately deleted afterwards if he showed interest or not. It was a power move as much as anything else, but also an acknowledgement of the risk that came with inviting other willworkers to his place.
    Yeah, my place is secure and I know I invited you but I`m still taking no chances. So please don`t speak of anything regarding company business in my place, or at least disguise it so it isn`t obvious to the unenlightened. Or you could show me the most sensitive stuff on texts or paper like I`m doing now for stuff. Call me paranoid but I don`t want any trouble with my neighbors. And I`ve no problems with you using your enlightened will, as long as you don`t destroy anything. But for words of significance I`d ask you to whisper as quiet as possible and only behind closed doors. And I forgot to ask, but if I run into you on the street with other regular guys around, what should I call you?
    (Fortunes Protection, Sybils Sight, Shifting the Odds, Quantum Flux) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 4 (because of FP)

PRE

"Thanks for having me." Cavendish replies as Philip lets him into the building and then follows the senior Acanthus. "All of that sounds wonderful, I brought a malbec. Not sure if it'll go with the cookies but it should work with the lasagna."

He nods as the sensitive topics rules are laid out. "Makes sense." A pause as he reads the message. "All reasonable and understandable. I guess I'll go by Cave? Is there a specific custom for the office around here?"
    Baseline:

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

Willpower:
    Health:

OCC
    PRE

He nodded, pleasantly surprised by his initially seemingly understanding reaction to his house rules.
    "Well, let`s eat. And I`m glad you understand."
    he said, gesturing to the table as he closed the door of his apartment and prepared to serve the lasagne, also taking out two wine glasses for the malbec to go with the main dish. Eventually, he got to answering Cavendish`s question, nodding when he asked to be called `Cave` in front of sleepers, something Philip found quite curious.
    "But, custom? Not that I`m aware. That`s just how I like to do things."
    He then started eating the dinner, beckoning Cavendish to start as well.
    "Anyway, feel free to start."
    Eventually, he got serious and started typing on his phone again in a text app, showing it to Cavendish *IF he was interested, and deleting shortly after:
    So, the purpose of this meeting is mostly to decide on how we continue with our Path at work. I would be prepared to essentially continue the task of (still essentially interim) Counsillor with your support. But I want to know what you think, and if you have intentions to become Counsilor yourself. And, while our other friend can be informed if needed, they already seemed to hint some time ago that they don`t want a prominent position and seemed to defer to me. So I think it`s up to us, although we would need to be three officially, like I said earlier.

PRE

The wine glass is raised. "Thank you for the invitation and meal." Then Cavendish starts to eat as well. When the phone is offered Cavendish leans forward to read.

"Hmm" A moment later his own phone is out and the Ladder types a response.

Maybe once I have settled in and gotten to know our side of town? It would be improper to show up and demand a Counsilor seat. I'll support you continuing forward as the official Counsilor for our Path. I look forward to meeting our third at some point.

"How formal is the office around here though? If I can ask? It felt seemingly relaxed when I stopped by last."
    Baseline:

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

Willpower:
    Health:

OCC
    PRE

"It`s nothing. Well, I`m just glad you like it."
    he said, downplaying having put his absolute all into the cookies and lasagne, beyond thrilled Cavendish seemed to appreciate his efforts. He then took a moment to think about Cavendish`s written response before again writing out his own, deleting it immediately afterwards.
    Well, I get the feeling that was our other Pathmate Lachesis`s opinion too, from the brief talk I had with her. But I still felt it proper to ask officially before declaring myself Counsilor, hence the invitation. And thanks so much for your support. It means a lot.

After taking a sip from his wine and a few more bites from his lasagne, he added:
    "Anyway, if you have any complaints with the way I do things at work, do feel free to call me out. I am only human too, after all and I value your input. Hence why you`re here."
    He was a bit taken aback by the, observation? regarding the tone among Awakened, but still tried his best to answer.
    "Oh? Well, most everyone`s pretty chill as far as I`ve seen. We`ve got some friendly competitions going on. And everyone`s capable of proper, grown discussions, like any good workplace environment. But don`t let that fool you. Discussions can still get pretty tough. And there`s always the risk of escalation. Which fortunately has yet to really happen, though."

+ Reply to Thread