Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

The pent house of an apartment building in a quieter area of the apartment sprawl had been rented out. Far longer than this eveningm yet that was beside the point. Jennifer had set out soft electric candles in the corners of the rooms and around two end tables. The end tables held new leather bound notebooks, pencils and quill pens and thier accessories. Two low tables around the the padded arm chairs were empty. The two invited Kindred may arrive with research, volumes, portfolios or books and those required space to spread out.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass BP 3

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Jennifer had two handwritten ledgers set at an end table. Would she bring them into discussion? Unknown at this time.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass BP 3

Public: Bayley Smith
    Presence
    (Inquistive)
    New Identity
    (Bayley Smith)
    Computer
    (Hacking)
    Allies
    (Vampire Couriers)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Benedikta Grey

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

Benny arrives to the apartment building, her skin glowing with false life as requested. Benny's eyes observe the structure for a moment after parking her Fiat, but does not linger, making her way inside and into the elevator.

As before, Benny was dressed more casually in her preferred techwear fashion, tonight donning a cropped, black top, black joggers, and black boots. Her makeup likewise complimented the look, with dark eyeshadow and black lipstick. Finally, a black messenger bag was slung over her shoulder.

Walking into the penthouse, the Mekhet would behold Jennifer Hazelton, granting her a smile before bowing her head to show her respect for the Haunt's position.

"Good evening, Seneschal,"
    she offers, "Thank you for the invitation."

(Blush !)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Looking at the apartment building, it didn't seem like much, but then, looks can be deceiving. So she gets inside, dressed casually in her usual jeans, trainers and a light blue t-shirt. She is carrying a bag that holds a single book, not a whole lot, but the most occult stuff she possesses, as well as some writing stuffs. Should be enough, right ? But then, she doesn't know what awaits her, so they'll see when they see...

Looking around, she sees that two other people are already there, gretting them with a bow for Jennifer and a nod for Benny.

"Good evening Seneschal. Benny."

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer was dressed more casually than she would be out at Kindred events. She accented this with a chunky green scarf that obscurred her throat. She wore two pieces of jewelry - her Nosferatu ring and the chocolate diamond and white diamond ring that represented something important to her.

"Good evening, Ms. Grey."
    Jennifer greeted the first arrival. "I trust that you have been well since we last spoke?"
    The Reeve arrived and Jennifer gave the Reeve a respectful nod befitting her station.

"Reeve Kingsley. I am glad that you could make it.
    Please, have a seat."

Jennifer leads the way to the seating area beside the open table, prepared to recieve the occult tomes anyone had brought.

"The occult is something that I have enjoyed delving into for quite some time. Before I share my interests, can I ask what you are studying? Would you like to share anything?"

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"Is everything all right?" Jennifer inquired of the quiet guests.

NOS
    PRE

"I'm not too much into the stuff. I pick up things by and by. I only own one book you could call occult, if you really want."

She puts a book on the table. Bound in red leather dulled by age and a lot of marks inflicted by heavy use. The pages are yellowish at the edges and the metal fittings remaining are discoloured and dull. The title of the book is threadbare and most of the golden paint that made it readable without much issue is long gone. Still, a keen eye can still make out what's imprinted on the face.

'Завещание Лонгина - Testament of Longinus'

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Public: Bayley Smith
    Presence
    (Inquistive)
    New Identity
    (Bayley Smith)
    Computer
    (Hacking)
    Allies
    (Vampire Couriers)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Benedikta Grey

PRE

Sacramento's newest Mekhet seemed a bit sheepish, beholding the volumes of the Seneschal and also the Reeve.

"I... don't have any volumes," she admitted as she opened the bag to retrieve a number of notebooks, some tattered with age and others less so, "but I was able to collect research along the way during my time as a courier. Observations from my sire, things we were able to lift from hunters when possible, that sort of thing."

Looking between the pair Benny's expression turned apologetic.

"I'm sorry, I think I may have misinterpreted the invitation."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"Occult information is from all sources. A Family member tells a grandmother's old family tale. A Clan mate shares what they heard from the grape vine. Not everything looks like these," Jennifer touches the volumes she has set out on a side table.
    "- and they should not. The most unique information is from word of mouth. Perhaps something that is so valued, it is passed by word of mouth to control the flow of information. Most of my volumes are hand written." She picks up one of her leather bound journals.

"This is from about ten years ago. I was researching different blood lines. Another one here has different ghoul families. I never got as far in that one as I wanted."
    Jennifer lamented. "I do enjoy going on historical ghost tours that are offered around town. It might not be geared towards us, yet I love hearing everyone."
    "I did not know you read the testament, Reeve."

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer makes sense and thus, Helen refrains from commenting. Most of the stuff she's picked up on the side ? She's never bothered writing it down much. Could get lost, could get taken... Why take the risk ?

"That's because most people don't know I got a pushy older sister in that particular covenant who really wants to make sure I get my soul out where it belongs and put it to work for the betterment of humanity. Or what counts as that among the faithful. So that book has more sentimental value that source value, but I know my way around its content somewhat and some of the stuffs in there can come in handy at times, if you don't take it at face value. You guys giving stuff like that wide room ? I mean, they practically throw these things at people, if you visit the right folks."

That probably doesn't explain a lot about that particular book, but she doesn't feel going into the whole 'penguin and how she sees the world' stuff, and that's not even touching on the rest.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread