Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(S&S) Over-under

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    NOS
    PRE

The address belongs to one of the non-descript houses that looks about the same as the 4 houses around it. The staircase has seen better days, still, way is all the way down, past a few boxes with unclear content somebody put on the side against the spottily painted wall and a kids bicycle that looks like it has seen quite some use.

The small corridor downstairs holds only two doors, a blue metal door at the end and a bit before that, another that looks like cheap wood furnish. A slightly sticky looking light switch and a doorbell simply labelled 'Kingsley' complete the ensemble. The door is open. At the side of the door, next to a pair of Army boots are helen's sneakers, positioned under three coat hooks, one currently occupied by what looks like a leather jacket, another has a gun holster hanging from it with the butt of a revolver sticking out of it, the third one is currently unoccupied.

The fragrance of something that feintly smells of bread and a good dose of incense greet Marilyn as she enters. The room they enter is dominated by a table, that has a small stack of newspapers and magazines on it, a smaller box holds a ball of wool and what looks like two-thirds of a dark grey sock, knitting needles still stuck in the work, pinning the sock to the ball. A few towels cover what looks like a hotplate section next to a sink, the other side occupied by a water heater, a microwave and a coffee machine. A cupboard next to a door in the other wall holds all sorts of bags and boxes. The shelves on the wall hold a radio, a stack of music tapes and some CDs. A Seattle Seahawks cap and scarf are also hanging from one of the shelves.

On the far left wall, a red lamp hangs from the ceiling and shines down onto a small table in the corner. It holds three very worn books, a scraped and dented metal coffee box that has clearly seen better times, two small bottles made of glass and an ornate pot on a pedestal looking thingy plugged into a wall socket. The only four pictures in the room are hanging above the red-lighted table and are looking straight at the guests.

200px-SoftenerofHearts.jpegPanteleimon.jpgsaint-olga-nesterov-type-J4H3FB.jpgGS.jpg

Helen is already sitting at the table with a bottle of beer standing on the table in front of her.

"Stuff's in the fridge, get what you like and lert's get started."

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Daeva vice: Pride

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

All her nails are painted a glossy Jet black.

Stylishly messy Auburn hair past her shoulders.
    Verity Carmen Scenes

(Blush, Imbibe)Vitae 2 Spent
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Having parked up and walked a few streets to get here Verity finds the address and the open door, she raps out a short tune with her knuckle to indicate her arrival, and braces for the inevitable reaction her beast, holding it firm. Waiting for the invite.

Once given, or enough time passes, the Daeva strides into the room, even if the Reeve had not said anything the way the shadows twist and turn, the snarl of her beast to attack would have told her she had the right place. Keeping the firm grip on it she continues into the room.

Her outfit tonight. Calf length buckle up boots lead to figure hugging lace up trousers with what was advertised as a Black and red men's kilt but has been buckled tighter to fit her waist with a body chain belt moving up a long sleeve top serves as the under layer to a sleeveless dress/skirt finished with her other layer of a red leather jacket . Her accessories tonight consist of buckle up gloves to match the boots. a twisting rose necklace red drop dangling earrings and her auburn hair is artfully braided but rather then use plan metal rings she has used gold rose rings to hold it in place.

Looking around a few things are unexpected. She will give Helen the nod of respect due her station as Reeve, this was after all not a public place. ''Good evening.'' With the door open she was not about to start throwing around titles and language best saved for after it was closed. ''Thank for hosting this.'' The Daeva had honestly been expecting to have to do so, it had been a genuine and pleasant surprise to not. ''I had no idea you knit.'' A nod to the unfinished works. ''Or were a woman of faith.'' More surprised by that as she beholds the pictures.

Nodding. Verity will help herself to a beer from the fridge, she is blushed having walked the streets to get here and now moves vitiate to her digestive tracks willing it to allow consumption if only for a little while. ''Any idea if it's just us or should we be expecting a third?'' Raul had been a bit quiet on the text chain. ''Because I have a lot to get through with you.'' The recent conversation with the prince had seen to that. ''A tangential but very related topic that suggest something a lot more serious.''
    Daeva Vice: Pride. BP: 1 Dollface
    Health

(Bluish/imbibe)Vitae 2 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

"Seemed like a good idea at the timer, also I like to host sometimes. So dont mention it." Hrlen chuckles as Verity refers to the knitting. "Too granny for me ? It's pretty good training and I never run out of warm stuff for the winter. Practical and useful." She nods to herself to underline her point. The religion thing ? Well... "Yeah, it's one of the few things I don't push into people's faces, really. So most people don't." Although sometimes things just get out. She remembers Conner Wells' reaction pretty well, after all, that's the sort of situation where things are worth the payoff. "Stuff like that's pretty personal, after all. I like that sort of things personal."

She takes a sip from the bottle and leans back a little. "Dunno how long it'll take but I'm sure Raul will show." She raises an eyebrow in interest. "Do you now ?" She checks her watch. "Well, we have some time to kill for now, we could see how far we get before we get to the original point."

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

Verity Carmen Scenes

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

A light shrug of slender shoulders. ''No it was just unexpected.'' Granny being an relative term in the existence of a kindred. ''I know a lot of in our community can have trouble being creative.'' Would that apply to woollen socks I have no idea its not like your trying to express deep emotion with them? ''Though I must admit a curiosity to how to serves as training?'' Dexterity, accuracy, focus? What can knitting do for you?

Taking a sip of the beer she had retrieved Verity makes sure the fridge is closed. A small habit, a sign she is not so far removed from her humanity that small things like that don't slip her awareness to maintain. She seems less interested in the religious aspect. ''To each there own, the Lancea really put me off it by being exactly that, so in your face about it all.'' But what you do in your own home is your business. ''I've never found it convincing myself.'' She keeps her tone light, just sharing her thoughts view for view.

A nod, both affirming and agreeing. ''Well then mind if I shut the door? What's our business is no one else's after all.'' Raul knows how to knock. Moving to do just that if the Reeve gives the go ahead, it is her haven after all or so the Daeva strongly assumes.
    Health

NOS
    PRE

Helen shrugs. "Maybe, maybe not. I'll admit I'm far from creative with this stuff. But it's not like I'm big on the result when it's mostly for private use anyway. It's not about the end of the road, it's about the road that leads there." Heh, almost philosophical, eh ? "It's meditative. Also helps with fine motor skills, focus, coordination and steady hands. Used to be pretty important stuffs in my old job, so it was one way to keep those skills sharp. Also, my granny swore by it."

She laughs as Verity brings up the Lancea.

"Hah, that's them alright. One reason those guys are in the pickle they're in way too often these days. Too many fanatics scaring off the moderates any anyone potentially slightly interested in their flavor of destiny for folks. Way too few are really fun to be around, even less if you don't agree with them on anything that's got to do with Longinus. But they're fun to bait along on their stuff, I'll give them that, heh heh." Another sip of beer. Helen ponders Verity's statement for a bit. "Fair. I guess it's all about where you see the meaning in the sort of existence we got. But that's a topic better for another time."

She gives Verity a 'go-ahead' motion.

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Verity will first and foremost close the door, the better to not let their conversation flow out to those who would be better not hearing it.

Another look to the bowl, as much to determine colours as anything. ''That you do it at all is neat. A lot give up when they find creating stuff has lost whatever spark it had before.'' She won't pick up the half finished sock but it does get more of a look. ''Have you ever tried patterns of knitting themed pairs?'' Those would surely take more skill?

Verity laughs musically along. ''They do have a habit of digging holes for themselves don't they.'' Memories flicks back to the one briefly prominent Lancea she had met In the domain. ''It was a little before you showed up that night but did you ever hear about father Lamech's first encounter with the Seneschal?'' What a train wreck from start to finish. Nodding. ''Sure another night.'' Or not. Not exactly a topic she cared for.

Right. Black painted nails nimbly pull some letters and a card from the pocket built into the side of the kilt. ''Men's clothing might not be the most flattering, but it is way more convenient.'' She had the belt of pockets she used of course but sometimes those were impractical themselves. ''Right I have already brought this to the Prince after Court in May.'' She spreads the documents on the table. ''And have been told I can keep you informed of anything and everything pertinent.'' A pleasant lessening of the restriction to talk solely to Gabriel. ''And I think, I might have stumbled into a coup against the prince or domain.'' Misty green eyes hold on the haunt gauging her reaction.
    Health

NOS
    PRE

The wool on offer is mostly different shades of gray and olive. Helen nods. "That's why forming habits is so important." Ash they'd seen, it was about the process and not so much the product, but then, not everyone sees it that way. "Yeah, it's been some time, though. Most folks who aren't-" kids "of our persuasion have a taste for that. And I don't mind not sticking out."

"Some sure do. Almost more fun just watching, but getting involved also can lead to good stuff." She ponders that. "A little. Too bad he never got around to that Gran Ballo of his. But some Lanceae are pretty decent." She runs through the number of Lanceae she's encountered in town so far. It's not many, really. "Conner Wells was okay. Apart from him and Lamech, I haven't seen too many around, though. Too bad. Kinda boring without them."

She waits for Verity to dig up whatever she's getting out of those pockets. She doesn't look too thrilled. "So we're finally done with the secret squirrel shit ? Alright, so what's that whole thing about ?"

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

And how many of those do we get to carry over when we have to I've up so much of what we had before? ''Habits are one way of doing it sure. I find trying new things does me a lot of good to.'' Different clans? Different times? Different sires teaching different lessons? Who knows why the difference. ''If it's the common practice and you don't do, wouldn't that make you stick out more?'' Which of these things is not like the others kind of deal. Misty green eyes dance around the room a little, whatever had caught her attention about the sock had clearly lost it again. Just an action, no creativity to it, not so interesting after all.

She gives a shrug. ''There is one I know of Vicenzo, see him at the formal events and around some of the clubs, never had much cause to speak with him though. Seems fairly quiet.'' Definitely not pushing anything that one. ''But yeah Douglas, he just waltzed right on up after my acknowledgement was finished and made his sales pitch then and there utterly ignoring the Seneschal as if she did not exist.'' Followed by disrespecting you and Priscus Baker as you arrived, he really gave a true accounting of himself didn't he. ''I don't know we seem to have had something to keep boredom at bay the past couple of months.'' Things had certainly been anything but.

As she gets her bits and pieces in order the Reeve gets a slow, dead look. ''You mean the secret squirrel shit, the Prince decreed I have to follow? and I'm not dumb enough to refuse.'' I like to keep my head on my shoulders thank you. ''But yes I get to share what I find out with two people now.'' Hardly the information trade she had been hoping for but it was a start. ''Context.''

A letter is pushed across the table. ''Luke Dacian wrote me in April wanting an introduction to the prince, offering something he believed she would have interest in, note he does not use her title.'' A point the prince had actually pointed out, but a good thing to note. ''He knows of both me and Stacey Clarke implying some knowledge of even the less noted Daeva in the domain.'' If it had just been me even before becoming Priscus it would be less odd. ''He knows the location of Elysia to send me these letters.'' Not unusual. ''I wrote him saying the clan lack representation, and once I had confirmation from the prince that she would not see him. He need to arrange the meeting as per the laws of the domain through the Seneschal.'' Which of course. ''Knowing what he does and not knowing that seems unlikely so why did he try to go through me? moreover why has he made no attempt to do so?'' So far maybe a coincidence. ''He then wrote requesting to be update regarding the results of the Daeva clan meeting, which I done so.'' Verity is only handing over letters she has received not the ones she has sent, because well she sent those. ''We have a meeting arranged to take place in Elysia on [time/date] for which the Prince strongly advised I have someone on hand.'' Verity leaves out that the prince had given her the option to forgo this entirely, as if the Daeva would.

But she is far from finished. ''While investigating the murders of the those two high schoolers.'' We will get to that once Raul arrives or later. ''I followed a suspicious figure away from the school itself. I was not seen.'' Shock and horror Verity can move around without being in the centre spotlight. ''This figure was accosted by another whom she easily man handled using one hand with force into submission.'' First red flag. ''The assailant is named Peter and is my witnesses to the murders, he is tall, lanky and seemed strung out he wanted Adair, the original figure, to give him something as she had life easier suckling for masters teat.'' Peters words. ''She did no give and they began discussing the murders. Adair thought Peter might have done it, he refused claiming Will, a high school looking aged blonde Daeva who attends formal courts murdered both teens whom he had in his car, the moment peter approached asking for a drink.'' The pause and look say, yes Peter was looking for blood. ''At this point I made myself known and used the gifts of my blood to keep things calm and them talking.'' Being alone and all. ''Adair's full name is Adair Dacian.'' Pause. ''As in the same as Luke Dacian.'' Next piece of the puzzle.

Verity hands over a card:

The card has a stylized rose background and reads as follows:
    Garreth Dacian, Socialite. I employ subordinates who all bear the surname Dacian and can function as my proxy. [address]

''I also have Adair's number. 555 - 3971. Got it the same time she gave me that card.''

Once the Reeve has a chance to look it all over. ''Garreth prefers to be contact by letter at that address.''

''So we have a number of unknown kindred in the domain. Who have knowledge of both prominent and lesser known members of the court. A master figure in the form of this Garreth who already has active proxies in the city poaching. Garreth is moving his pieces in the shadows to set something up. And is using Luke, who claims to be elsewhere but given the sudden emergance of other Dacians I can't be sure, I think as a smokescreen, the smiling face offering things that might be wanted or desired, while trying to access the prince.'' If Verity needed breath she would take a deep one, instead she lets the blush regulate as it does keeping up the illusion. ''Thoughts?'' Because the prince seemed convinced.
    Health

NOS
    PRE

"Well, trying out new stuff is fine and dandy, but your habits are the foundation that you keep coming back to instead of drifting aimlessly in a sea of novelty." Helen remarks. "Unless of course doing new stuff is the habit we're talking about." She smirks. "Enough people in this country wear cheap footwear. Let's be honest, how many people are paying attention to the socks of people they see on the street ? If that alone makes me stick out, I've got way worse problems."

"Oh yeah, him. Outsider with business in town, I guess, those tend to do that, mind their business and not stick out more than they really need to."

Helen laughs. "Okay, that explains why he decided not to stick around. Sounds a little like someone else we know, no ?" She drinks some beer. "Not in the sense that there's nothing to do, but I just like fucking around with Lanceae, yank their chain a little, just grown ups having some fun. Something about the way they handle that is either impressive or dead funny, almost never something in the middle. You know, it's the little things that keep nights entertaining."

Helen responds to the look with a similar one of her own. "I mean the secret squirrel shit that totally sounds like something this Prince would totally do. So how did that come to pass ?" Sure, there are some thoughts that she might, after the whole closet bullshit and some other things, but Helen likes to think the Prince would generally not go about things like that. "And got me to distribute stuff further without you beiung responsible for it. My, my, I'm almost impressed."

She takes the letter and starts to read.

"The fun question is, did Clarke also get a letter like this ? Maybe she blew him off in a way that you didn't, so he tries again with the freshest, newest Daeva in town ?" Stroking egos, so to speak, although with the power of gossip involved... Well, who knows. She reads on. "Okay, what does this thingy tell us... Little Skywalker knows the Prince is Invictus, but uses an Invictus title instead of the official one. Noteworthy, unless that's some weird way of talking about folks in office among your kind ?" Not really a serious question, just confirming, it wouldn't be the weirdest thing she's seen Daeva do. "He's unaligned, though. So someone either got kicked out or likes to rub shoulders with the hoity-toity. Letter and the way he puffs himself up ? Thinks of himself as noteworthy or important, or wants to be seen as such." She points at a bit in the text. "So the guy does enough homework to know who's Prince, where Elysium is and to be able to name Stacy Clarke, but he can't find out if there's a Priscus ? Or maybe he just name-dropped Clarke to impress you with how sophisticated and well-informed he is. But then, why have a go with the latest new-arrival in town ?" She can think of a few reasons, not all of them too nice. "So, homework one, if you don't know: Does Clarke know the guy ? If not, has he written to her, too ? Wouldn't be the first guy to string two cute girls along and play them against each other." She briefly looks over the other letters. "I mean, if he wants, he can now show Stacey how well-informed about the going-ons in the domain he is, if he wants to."

"Doesn't want to be a bother, eh ?" She goes back to the first letter. "Ain't that funny, how he wants to know if the domain could appreciate someone with his skills ? Not the Prince, the domain. Also here, '...what sort of person the domain would be willing to welcome ?'... Who writes like that ? That guy have different sorts of persons in the closet deciding each morning what it'll be today ?" Might just be that Daeva flourish at work, she's never been particularly partial to that sort of stuff and still isn't. "Okay, so Dacian now has a solid reason to come to and be in town until the point of that meeting." At least he doesn't sound too much like a barrens rat, but writings can be deceiving after all. "Already decided who to take along for the ride ?"

Ah, yeah, you know know all I know, my ass... "Will attends formal courts ? That a fact or something Peter claimed happened ?" Red flag or black flag, which one will it be ? "Okay, so we have another Dacian in town already who's started churning out ghouls. Chatty ghouls. And this Will guy."

Helen digs a notepad and a pencil out of some stuff behind her and copies the card and the number. "Two Dacians, then. That's not a red flag, that's a black flag for Skywalker. If he exists in the first place, that is, and ain't just a straw puppet." Verity's information about Garreth elicits a short laugh. "And I prefer people or stuff not to sneak up on my ass, but as the great philosopher Mick Jagger once said, 'You can't always get what you want'. I think we should see if we can't visit ol' Garreth's place some time."

"So Garreth has an address, Luke only writes and Adair only has a phone number. Best we can do is dig up one of the three, two, if Will is also one of theirs." She taps her chin in thought and drinks some more beer. "Hell, if it's the old Copperfield two-step, Luke and Adair might as well be straw puppets. Why the cards, though..." Something about the ease with which Verity came across the card bothers her when looking at the info on it. But she can't put a finger on it just yet.

"What makes you think it's about the Prince ? They're trying to avoid the Prince and her officials as well as they can. They'll also figure by now the Prince will have heard the names and if even one of the Dacians is caught in the city before that appointment, there'll be hell to pay. If that's about building up enough power or momentum to go after the Prince, someone's juggling a lot of moving parts. Or whatever Dacian is real has been in town pretty long and has fucked up by picking up the wrong kids or ghouls."

13. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Getting a little deep but hey why not we're talking about it. ''Is it still something new if its a sub category?'' Sipping the beer she had taken from the fridge. ''For example I like listening to music.'' Obviously. ''But is it something new to listen to a new band? or is it still the same as you say habit?'' Much as knitting is still knitting even if you put patterns in.

A shrug. ''Well a few others of his persuasion could learn a thing or two about tact from him.'' Not being hyper aggressive about his faith made him the most reason member of the Lancea verity had ever met.

She grins at the inference. ''It does doesn't it.'' Recalling the first court he arrived. ''When I'm having to step in and do introductions between Invictus members you know things are rapidly spiralling down hill.'' And Neville had had so far proven true to form. ''What about you, thought about if you'll demand a boon from him same as Kseniya gave you?'' Fishing just a little.

But why some kindred had what seemed a pathological need to deny knowing what was going when they and all involved in the conversation knew better was a trait that irked the Daeva. ''It went down exactly as you saw it go down in Februarys formal court.'' Reminding the Reeve she had been present in the room for the public display. ''The Prince said she was taking ownership of my information, and I should only reported to her. When I asked if I could still keep relevant officials informed she said no, just herself.'' So if we're all caught up being reminded about things we were present for. ''That has now been lightened and I can keep you up to date.'' Verity only now adverts her gaze. ''I got you to do no such thing. Who you choose to tell what is entirely on you.'' That you did was very convenient though.

A shrug. ''Don't know but I can find out pretty easily if she did.'' Shaking her head. ''Daeva are incredibly varied but among our common traits choosing to not call a prince a prince is not one of them.'' Some did of course, and some never rose to see another night. Then nodding. ''Yeah he does the whole peacock thing pretty well doesn't he, part of why I think he is meant to be the smiling face of the snake oil salesman, all bluster and personality.'' The Reeve was connecting a lot of the same dots as she had which was good. ''His seemingly both detailed and lack of information fails to impress if that was his goal. This is jus ta theory but I think he had a go with me for that reason, I'm new who would believe me even if I spotted a few odd things.'' A single nod of ascent it was a reasonable step.

And now its getting interesting. ''His choice of words is certainly something, I expect the meeting to be quite the back and forth.'' And she was up for it. ''Although I am less then fond of finishing out I'm behind in a game I didn't know I was playing.'' But that's kindred existence. ''Hence why we must meet, it forces his hand into the open a little.'' Names to faces, see some of the pieces on the board. ''You or Raul spring to mind, unless you think we give someone else a shot? It's bodyguard duty but it is in Elysia they would have to be pretty brazen to try something.'' They would ideally need to pass for Daeva.

''Fact.'' Quickly confirmed. ''I am aware of him, as is Stacey.'' A nice thing to have confirmed. ''What I want to know is if he actually did the killings.'' That of course was the question of the night. ''Peter accused him but if they have eyes in court, or have been digging into the Daeva of the domain he might just have been pushing it off on someone else who exists on the fringe.'' A flicker of doubt. ''They were discussing him as the culprit before they knew of my listening in. They reacted with fear when I made myself known.'' A shrug. ''I couldn't sense a beast in either, but Peter approached will looking for a meal of blood, Adair was way to strong for a plain mortal and they both made me as kindred despite my blush.'' The biggest give away. ''They took no need or effort to use coded language directed to me in conversation such as will looking like the guy from the blood of the rose video game.'' That code should be easy. ''If they didn't know I was kindred that was some stupid risk to take.'' So yeah Verity bets on them being kindred not ghouls. ''I want to talk with Will and investigate but we found at Cedar Groove, before saying what side he falls on. Because Peter seeing all that and being allowed to walk free does not sit to well.'' Why kill two kine and not the kindred who saw you do it?

She chuckles. ''I have wondered that, who is really writing the letters. But worst case I can see is that each of these Dacians is a separate entity because that means we have a larger problem.'' More pieces in motion. ''The card might just be because Peter and Adair were under the influence of my majesty while we spoke, they really liked me that night.'' You catch more with Honey then vinegar and all that. ''I'm down to visit but they know me by name, and Adair knows me sight at a minimum.'' And who knows what else they know. ''I want to know more before stepping into who knows what.'' But your call.

She taps the original letter. ''Luke wants to meet with the prince, through improper means, he wants as few as people as possible to know, it would be off the books so to speak because it didn't go through the Seneschal.'' And of course. ''If Garreth is set up, with other kindred working under him under known to all of us, what else is he going for as he moves his pieces in the shadows?'' I doubt he is just looking for a good conversation partner.
    Health

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread