Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A soft chuckle, “It’s possible, it just takes time. And it will happen, when it’s supposed to.” Despite everything, she still believed in Fate and its ability to decide when things would happen. If they would. “A complication, yes. But one that was fun to overcome and adapt to. It was going to be something I would either have to step away from, or would have to find a way to work around, and I never back down from a challenge, so here I am.” Living with the Fame, as fleeting as it was. “I simply still hold the title as being the most flexible woman in the world, which makes me desirable for shows and movies alike. Believe it or not, some movies still use practical effects, and having someone there who can bend and fit into impossibly small spaces saves them money.” And keeps the money flowing.

Standing as well, “Now that I can do!” and proceeds to pull down bowls and open drawers for cutlery. Nothing matched, everything was obviously thrifted over the years, but well loved. “Sorry everything is a mishmash of this and that. I spent ninety percent of my life on the road, so I never really had to buy sets of dishes and all that.” It took up space in the car she didn’t have.

“Oh, that all depends on my mood that day. Relaxing can be anything from a suspension to sanding down a piece of furniture. It just depends on a few factors.” An eye brow raises with curiosity, “You say that any other couldn’t accomplish, but I’ve met some lazy mages in my time, so don’t sell any useful development short.”

“I would venture to say a little bit of everything. You will always come across new faces wanting to make a name for themselves, and what better way to do it then going after the Charter.” A frown and shrug, “I don’t know. I don’t know if it’s appropriate to ask someone that right off the bat, and I’ve personally never been asked that in any city I’ve been in. Each city has its fair share of each of the Orders, allowing for each to have its say when needed. I feel taking that step would cause discourse down the road and create bigger problems.” Sighing, “I believe it’s been lost along the way that the Charter works together with the Lex, they complement each other, and each city has varying forms of it. I tried to keep it alive, but when you are out voted, you are out voted. And I agree with you completely, they keep us in line, and are built on traditions that can be traced as far back as Atlantis. They help us use our magic with Wisdom and restraint, keep us on a Path moving forward and enlightenment. Without it, we are no better than our enemies.”

Frowning as she thinks, before moving some boxes and finally settling on one, “I think I have something.” The top was taken off and folders were taken out and opened and closed, some tossed back in before a few were set aside, “Here we go.” Holding them to Chambers.

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

Sipping his tea. He recalled they had similar attitudes on things of such a nature so is not surprised but is still impressed. It can't have been easy. ''And worth while it seems.'' Even with just what he does know of her achievements she had certainty gone further than most mages he had ever known and was humble about it. Eyes raise in surprise at the title though. ''And how do tell, is such a title awarded?'' It's not exactly a competition you see advertised on the regular. ''I do believe, I'm not big on movies but prefer those that do, or true stories.'' Well as close as a movie could get to the truth. ''But yes as a rule of thumb not a hobby of mine.'' Still if it is hers more power to her for trying to unravel that yarn ball of lies and pancryptia. ''If it's not to personal to ask what was the favourite movie you stared in?'' Aware and accepting it might be refused due to cast listings or things of such a nature.

Accepting the offered bowels he will fill them generously with the beef casserole. ''Of all the things I've heard people apologise for.'' Not that many to think on it really. ''Having a mish mash of cutlery is not one that needs it.'' Chuckling good naturedly. ''It's personal, I like it.'' Walking back across to his seat bowl now in hand.

And she continues to surprise him. ''Suspension? as in from the ceiling?'' He had never seen it himself but has little difficulty imagining how poorly that could go. ''Fair point.'' It's a shame though. ''But nor will I sell it as more then it is.'' Novice stuff all in all.

Eating as he listens. Never talking when his mouth is full. ''I can think of a few ways. Like helping out, doing the work that needs doing and not throwing everything into chaos.'' He gets contemplative. ''I don't see it as any different to joining anything. Simply here are the rules around here by joining up your agreeing to these rules just so you are aware. And I certainly have been in Consilium's that require that.'' A pause for thought. ''It is then as you say each is different.'' A deeper sigh. ''Voted is an interesting term when the Consilium is not a free council assembly.'' It is how things are at the moment but if councillors come back in then its a step closer to proper order. ''Which is why Consili are headed by a Hierarch.'' Holding up a hand. ''I know different kettle of fish and a problem for further down the road.'' And a much harder battle I do not doubt then even this one. ''But I am glad we agree on the importance and role of the charter.'' It was nice knowing he had one like minded mage in the city.

He takes the offered documents spreading them on the table as he peruses. ''Would it be fair to say this was written when the city had a lot more cabals?'' That was certainly how it seemed to him. ''And fell apart sometime after that was no longer the case?'' Someone liked the word polity.
    Health
    Mana

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing as she takes a swig of her beer, “Why, being the most flexible.” Chuckling, “It was a matter of being spotting while on the road when I was younger, and as I grew older, and my show grew, so did my ability to contort my body into different positions. Also, Guinness World Records took notice as well. Once they notice, there is a requirement you have to meet, and I happen to have met it.” She made it sound simple, because, well, it was. “Hmmm. Favorite?” tough one. “I would have to say I’ve enjoyed the horror movies the most. They always have the most creative ways to setup a body and use my bendiness.” True story right there.

A shrug as she accepts the bowl.

Sitting cross legged on the couch, “In a sense, yes. If the rig is, well, setup from a ceiling, otherwise it can be from a freestanding setup or a tree, depending on where you are preforming.” It could really be done anywhere that had a surface that could support the rig.

Smirking, “Those would be the smart and logical ways to make a name for oneself. But, not everyone thinks that way.” Gently blowing on a spoonful, she listens, “I just don’t want it to be taken as we are shoving it down peoples throats. Most understand that joining a Consilium comes with a Charter, it should go without saying. But we are now talking about adding it back into an existing Consilium. There is going to some push back. I’m expecting the Free Council to have a lot to say about it. Hierarch is another important topic, but a much bigger topic to broach, and one I think that will take a lot longer to get implemented. We should start small and make sure everyone feels like their voices are heard and their concerns are heard every step of the way. If not, I don’t feel like we will get anywhere.” Nodding, “It has been refreshing to have someone else agree about the Charter, it’s been a while since someone else has agreed about its importance.” If it would be implemented would remain to be seen.

“I have never seen more then two maybe three Cabals in the city. If there has been more, I don’t remember them making themselves known. But yes, once the Cabals fell apart, so did the Cabals. I can understand why some would see the Charter as not being needed without Cabals, but I personal felt it was important to keep in place for when the city grew in size and Cabals formed once again. The population of the city as always been in a state of flux. So I saw having it in place, in the background, as not harming anything. But, I was out voted.”

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He's chucking until he isn't. Guinness book of worlds word records and she still holds it so if I looked it up would I find? ''I bet that helped the show some to once it became official.'' He eats to give him a moment of ponder what to do with that. Before deciding for the time being nothing. Its just good to keep in the back pocket. ''Oh when you said practical effects I didn't realise some of those bodies were real I thought they were just prosthetics.'' Now trying to reimagine what few movies he knows with thoughts of the bodies being real. ''That must have been fun.'' Learn something new everyday.

He nods slowly as he listening taking it in. It was not something he knew anything about beyond what his imagination could conjure up. ''It's not something I've met anyone who does it, for any reason.'' And I struggle to see how that would be relaxing but each to their own.

Mages lacking logic is unfortunely nothing knew and gets a look that falls somewhere between agreement and exasperation regarding the less then ideal nature of their society. ''I can see that but unfortunely a degree of forcing might be inevitable.'' He pauses trying to order his point in a way that got his point out in the clearest way. ''Without a charter we are not a Consilium and the wider wage society is unfortunely envious and political. Without the protections of accepted legal claims any group of mages could arrive with a charter and claim to be the Consilium of Sacramento with rights to its resources secrets and all the rest.'' And that others could not see the risk possessed by not having one was boggling. ''It protects us as much as anything.'' We need to consider beyond just the threats we see or fail to see immediately around us. He sighs. ''I expect them to push back as well. But Consili the world over make it work between all five orders of the pentacle.'' So we will have to find a way. ''That's what the meetings are doing I hope. The things we discuss, acknowledgement, leadership, the great rights and lex these are all parts of a charter so my hope is we can agree the rulings and then those rulings can be shaped into a first draft of the charter itself.'' He smirks the plan he was already working to.

That ... that is curious. ''So the charter as was seemed to serve as an encouragement to form cabals?'' Why else would it be worded as it is. ''I know cabals are the norm of our society but if has never been the nature of the city or its mages then it becomes clearer why objections could have been raised.'' He pauses thinking and reading. ''Other incentives need to be offered for forming cabals I think.'' Back to thinking. ''Idea to bat off you. It has been mentioned in the meetings for the great rights to apply to solitaires.'' Which I think is needed all in all. ''So what are your thoughts on a restrictions to the territory a solitaire can claim? Cabals get access to more space, more resources.'' That's the incentive. ''Cap it at a block for solitaries? So in my case the Sacramento Marina for example instead of the entire neighbourhoods the cabals usually claim?'' He is hesitant the idea is not something he has thought through just a suggestion in the moment.
    Health
    Mana

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“It doesn’t hurt the show. Then again, it’s a niche thing, not something a whole lot of people know about.” Then nodding, “Some of them are, when they can be. For example, in the movie, The Grudge, when the mother ascends the stairs, it’s a real actress doing it, not CGI. Really nice woman too. But if they can bring in someone real to do it, it adds something a computer or a prop just cannot.” A more eager nod, “A ton of fun! And the pay is pretty good too.” Can’t go wrong.

“There are many reasons for it, some are even religious. But it’s not that common, but is making its way back into conversations. It comes and goes.” Some would want to know more; some would always be repulsed by it.

Leaning back with her bowl, she takes another spoonful, blowing on it before gently taking the bite, “Oh, I’m aware. You are preaching to the choir here; I was a Ladder for many years. I know the danger we put ourselves in.” she knew it well. “I also know how bullheaded the Awakened of Sacramento can be and that it is an uphill fucking battle. You can tell them the sky will fall the next day at noon if we cannot agree to plant a flower and they will argue the whole damn time about what flower and let the sly fall. Now,” a hand was held up, “these were different Awakened, so I’m not saying there would be the same push back, but it’s left such a bitter taste in my mouth that I expect nothing less from anyone at this point. I would love nothing more then to see a Charter in place, and you have my support in bring it up and pushing it. If you need my help to draft something up, then you have it. But after the years of push back, I just have little to no patience for politics anymore. There is no fight left in me for the stupidity some have.” And that was the truth.

A thoughtful look, “It looked that way, I’m sure Cabals existed before hand, I just don’t remember hearing much about them. I wasn’t really approached to join one until much later. See, some of memories of Sacramento are,” pausing, “a bit jumbled.” A nice way of putting it. “But I remember the ones I was in, and a couple others. They were usually announced at Official Meetings, and the Territory they wanted to claim laid out.” It was hard to pinpoint when shit hit the fan, but she tried to think, “I know there was some issues when Campanella took the position of Hierarch, and then was challenged, and lost. We never saw another Hierarch after that. The idea was always shot down. Then our numbers dwindled once again, and with no Cabals, it was brought up that the Charter be dissolved, and with only a few of us fighting to keep it, we lost. The issue is with our numbers, the population of Sacramento has always fluctuated, making it extremely difficult to support Cabals.”

Listening to the idea, “So you want to reward people working alone? Doesn’t that go against what we are at the very core? The whole principle of us being stronger together? I know plenty of Awakened, myself being one, that have survived quite well being solo until finding where I fit in.”

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He nods understanding, well sort of. ''That part I can appreciate. I always prefer things done that way. Real over computer.'' It took a certain skill to pull off, more investment. And as she says that real element.

Okay she has him hooked. ''Religious reasons you say? Now you do have my curiosity. Would you be willing to expand on that?'' He does not practice but is not uneducated on religious matters by any means this was new and by virtue interesting.

He smirks. ''So far what I've found boggling is the hypocrisy that comes into conversations about it.'' He is thinking of one in particular. ''Of those who don't want it, and see no need for it but want the benefits and protections is provides.'' He shakes his head. ''So yes I can see how it will be an up hill battle.'' But one that needs to fought. He chuckles. ''Besides given how things go around here apparently if they create to much fuss all I need to do is persist until they leave.'' If the nature of the city really is such I'll win by attrition if nothing else. ''My plan first and fore most.'' So it came to it. ''Is to match one of your achievements and pass the Factotum exam.'' A slightly unusual first step maybe. ''That way I can hopeful increase my own knowledge of the Lex and have some weight behind suggestions I make in the future regarding things like the charter.'' And only then begin to draft in earnest, until then just ideas.

He listens. ''So piece by piece our traditions were cast aside and discarded because it was easier then trying to fix things.'' And then people left because shock and horror things don't work so well without them. That's his take away. ''I've heard the name Campanella come up with surprising frequency. It sounds like he was something of a lynch pin.'' If he was hierarch he must have had something going for him. ''And was toppled by a challenge you say?'' So a clause that a hierarch must always be replaced when the position is made vacant?

He sighs. ''Yes it does. But in most cities the Consilium's are several dozen in strength, some even reaching triple figures. I'm just bouncing early ideas.'' However. ''The problem remains that if cabals are difficult to support and manage in the city then unorthodox approaches need to be considered.'' He pauses sipping his drink. ''We are stronger together and changes in the law to offer more protections to contributing solitaries does not change the security and resources offered by a cabal but it might also mean fostering stronger relations between the community rather then the traditional cabal structure?'' Besides. ''At the moment is there any one in the city you would even consider for a cabal?'' Hoping to get his point across.
    Health
    Mana

10. Likes , liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Exactly! Too many movies these days lack that real feel to them, and that realness drives the fear.” At least from what she has seen. Movies weren’t really her thing.

Chuckling, “I mostly certainly would be willing to expand on it, but it could take away from our discussion on the Charter. So we can discuss it another time if you like, I don’t really get to talk about it much anymore. Well, aside from the usual article here and there. But if you would rather discuss it now, I can try and condense it and not take too much time from the more important topic of the Charter.” It was what they were here for after, and she didn’t want to get too side tracked with what, for her, was a more pleasant topic.

“And seems you have come to the root of it in a matter of minutes. A civil conversation with a level head, seeing multiple sides has led you to see the root of the problem.” A smirk, “Imagine that.” A hint of sarcasm. Then a full, honest laugh, one he hasn’t heard from her before, “That is a legit tactic. It has worked in the past. I’ve also learned not giving people what they want, usually attention and a stupid argument for the sake of it works as well.” True story. “Really? Then I wish you luck! It’s not an easy test, but something tells me you’ll do fine. Just know you don’t need to pass it to have knowledge of the Lex, you can dive into it and still have more knowledge than a lot of people. I’m not trying to dissuade you, cause I say go for it, I just don’t think it’s a requirement. Not a lot know I’m a Factotum because I don’t want to have to discuss the Lex with people who just want to argue about it.” And she just didn’t have the patience for it anymore.

“Pretty much, yes. That’s exactly it. Why take the time and effort to fix it and make it our own when we can just throw it out.” A shrug. “People will always take the easy way out." Taking a deep breath, “He was a remarkable mage, at least, in my opinion. Very stoic and with a level head on his head, you could go to him for advice about anything. A dear friend who I hope is doing well. He is who brought me into the Mysterium, well, the one I went to with questions about joining and wanting to learn if it would be a good fit for me.” He was always honest, even if it hurt. “He was. A returning mage, Star, challenged him to a Duel, and Campanella lost, and as agreed beforehand, stepped down as Hierarch. It was painful to see, but he fought well, and he took his loss with pride and honor.” Oh how she missed him.

“I agree that there should be changes made to fit the special situation of Sacramento. The Charter should accommodate the numbers we have. But while also fostering, and encouraging, the formation of Cabals.” Another bite was taken, and without much thought, “Actually, yes, there are.” She spoke it quite frankly. “I can function and survive as a solo mage quite well, I have fostered my Hallow to support my mana needs and any others I have. But I would rather be in a Cabal, have the strength and security that comes with it. Knowing I have others I can count on; actually, know I can count on. There is no other feeling like that. I believe our numbers will grow, and will be able to support one, maybe two Cabals. But can people see past their pride and see the benefit in it?”

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

A moment is spent to wonder just why the human element is so much more appealing then the spectacle of computer generation, and an answer begins to form. ''I wonder if that has anything to be sympathy, that as the watcher we have more in common with a person, can better connect with their them and their situation.’’ His musing is of course just that ideas forming being vocalized and tested in the hearing. But it might explain some element of it.

He nods. ''Of course, apologies, my curiosity getting the better of me.’’ Aurora not unlike a few others he had met was easy to talk to once the conversation got going. Something I need to be a little careful with. ''But another time I would quite happy to go into greater depth.’’ Not suggesting any particular time in case that had been a gentle way to shut the topic down as something to personal.

His expression fluctuates between and amused smirk and a forlorn grimace. ''That’s a tough one to crack though. How do you make someone see their hypocrisy for what it is?’’ The easy answer is to deny the protections, target things that make them vulnerable and only relent once the charter is in place. But he knows full well that will just spark internal conflict to a degree they cannot afford. ''We have tradition on our side but that means little and less to some.’’ And with no real teeth short of waiting for a disaster to happen. ''The best I can see is opposing whatever is suggested unless it is written into a charter.’’ That might work. ''Actively refuse to allow people to bypass it.’’ But that will cause arguments no doubt. ''The trick there I guess is figuring out who is trying to be misguidedly helpful and who is just frustrating matters to inflate their own ego.’’ And who was is dangerously negligent.

He nods in affirmation. ''Thank you.’’ And he meant it, not quite as confident in his ability to pass the exam. ''Yes, absolutely people can be well learned with in any area without passing tests.’’ The Lex included. ''However, if I’m going to be harping on about the importance of traditions and respect for our law, I should be setting a good example.’’ Give them less ammunition to fire back because you know someone will. ''And if I’m going to be making suggestions for writing a charter, what better way to show I am both serious and have taken the time to know what I’m talking about.’’ Not something I ever thought I would find myself needing to do but all in all it does seem prudent. ''And beyond that it is a good experience, even studying for it builds knowledge and appreciation.’’ Both of which are needed now.

His face sets a little having to accept her point but not liking it. ''Yes, they do tend to don’t they.’’ So how to solve that? ''Maybe a push on mages pursing legacies could help? The process of soul refinement requires a serious shift in attitude.’’ It did not come easy.

He listens, politely, to the what could be considered nostalgic talk of the hierarch from times gone by. He keeps thoughts of the mage whose presence while long past still seems to cast itself over the Consilium, its current state and it would seem its future still. ''When Winter spoke of the law of the jungle not being how things are decided he neglected to mention that.’’ We need to worry about returning mages casting down all we rebuild as much as we do new ones showing up and doing the same. Better make it solid then. ''As is the nature of the duel. The winner has a claim on truth.’’ Another obstacle to be considered. ''If it comes down to duels for the charter I am afraid to say I am rather lacking in that department.’’ A wide breath yes, but very limited depth.

He nods in agreement, taking a few moments to eat. ''Ultimately that should the goal a charter that both fulfils its need but also encourages growth into cabals.'' So not asking much then. Looking over the papers again. That is where this one failed I think. It encourages cabals but fails to meet the needs of the populace. He goes quiet thinking deeply. Until her reply pulls his attention fully back with raised eyebrows, both surprised and more than a little curious. ''Are there now?’’ He had not expected it. If she wanted me to know who she would have said. So, he does not press. ''I see the benefit, but also the risk. It is an immense investment of trust.’’ And while some he trusted more then others none so far as that. Besides once living under the same roof differing ideology can become a major point of contention. He sighs. ''It is no easy feat is it, thinking of a way to support mages as they are while trying to encourage them to take that step.’’ Another one that might be better served by leading from example, but it is a tall task. Lapsing once more into a contemplative silence.
    Health
    Mana

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“I have no way to prove it, my connection with Mind isn’t strong anymore, but I’ve always believed the human mind subconsciously can tell the difference. Even if the person claims they cannot, the mind, the part of our brain that helps keep us alive, the primitive part, it can tell. It hits differently.” But that was her personal take on it. Right or wrong, it was how she saw it.

Smiling, “Oh you’re fine! I haven’t had someone ask such questions in quite some time, and would love to answer them for you. At least, what I can, from my point of view and understanding. I’m very much an open book on that part of my life, and if someone wants to ask questions about it,” a shrug, “I welcome it. So lets try and get together another time and I’ll answer all the questions you have.” And he would be able to tell that she meant it. She had nothing to hide about it, nothing was too personal about it for her. The personal parts of her life were tucked close and those topics had not even been breached.

Frowning, “I don’t think you can. Part of growing as a person and an Awakened is learning those things about yourself. We all have them and have been there. Sometimes it takes an event or the loss of another to open one’s eyes.” Least it was that way for her. “And that right there, that our Traditions can mean so little and less to some is well, quite sad. Those Traditions have been passed down for hundreds of years and have kept us safe and keep us moving forward.” A slight nod, “It’s a frustrating thing to figure out, but it usually all comes out at some point.” Everyone’s true colors always came out. “Ego will always be people’s greatest downfalls. It almost got me, I gave into casting without thinking, letting my ego and anger take over. Sure, it saved my friends, but it cost me a bit of myself in the process. A lesson was learned, and it could have been a lot worse. But ego is a scary thing.” Thankfully, she hadn’t hit it again with Mastering a second Arcana.

“Just know that all the knowledge you can have of the Lex and traditions sometimes won’t matter. You’re going to have people coming at you with such bullshit nonsense it’s going to make your head explode. Grasping at straws to wear not only you down, but everyone else in the room. It’s not just a trail of what you know, but your will as well. People against Charters grasp at whatever they’ve told themselves and fight with it however long they think they can. It’s exhausting.” And she doesn’t want to see him suffer it. So she sighs, “But at least you won’t be alone, I’ll fight alongside you if it comes to it.” Might be worth something, might not. “Also, I can help you study for it. Well, help you as much as I can without going into Ladder territory of course. I could use a brush up myself.” This was big for her, she had been averse to dealing with anything political for a while. But she felt comfortable with Chambers.

“On Legacies? Wow, now that’s something pretty damn big. I mean, if that’s something someone wants to do sure, but it’s a huge commitment. I’ve debated it, but have always been on the edge, never quite sure.” Did she need it in her life? Was that third Mastery more important?

“Well it wasn’t a decision out of the blue, Star didn’t show up and issue the challenge for shits and giggles, he had a legit reason. It followed the Laws laid out within the Lex.” She hated to admit it, but it had been legit and by the book.

“Ok, so sounds like there needs to be a middle ground. As much as I would prefer only Cabals be rewarded, it will be easier to meet somewhere in the middle, compromise.” She got it, she could do it. “That being said, how do we do that? How do we encourage others to form into Cabals, give them incentives if you will, while still letting those who wish to remain solo something as well? Do Cabals get the bigger slice? The most resources? I’ve never seen it done like this, so I don’t even know how to start.” But she was willing to try. A confused look, “Of course. Why? Are you surprised?” a bit of amusement creeping into her voice. “There are some within the community I’ve grown to trust enough to see myself entering into a Cabal with. Sharing a Sanctum and resources with, working closely with. The list is quite small, but it is there. I wouldn’t hesitate to bring my own resources into it either.” Then a nod, “It is an immense investment of trust, one you shouldn’t invest lightly. But once you find those you mesh with, it’s an amazing feeling, almost like belonging and family.”

15. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

That is an interesting way to phrase it. Eyebrows fold in questioningly ''Isn't strong anymore?'' It slips out before he even realises the thought has formed. You can't lose skill with the arcana can you? once you know, you know. And that far more then speculation on the sympathy between human connection versus artificial construct has his curiosity.

Aurora was someone whom is hard hard to take your attention from, and when she smiled it was especially noticeable, making her all ready riveting good looks that much more pronounced. Oh okay. Rather not used to mages being readily open about any parts of their lives. The danger it puts them in and all. It's not like she telling where she performs or handing me the ropes she suspends from though. I'll have to think of something to offer back. ''Another time it is.'' Returning the smile.

Finishing his food as he listens and thinks. ''Thousands.'' It's the only point he can add to. ''Kept us safe for thousands of years.'' The chuckle is hollow and grim. ''As then as now. We are all taught stories of the celestial ladder and the fall. Ego got us into this great mess and ego keeps us here.'' The details lost of course but the greatest act of hubris clear by its results, the yawning abyss between supernal and fallen. ''I'm sure I am no more immune to it than any when push comes to shove, each of us doing what we think it right.'' But that's why the Lex, the Tet and the charter. Guides and checks to help us act with wisdom. ''But if mages have grown to think themselves wiser then then our law then their own acts of hubris cannot be far behind.'' Lets just hope we can clean them up when they happen.

He nods sagely. ''I am aware that it won't solve every problem or put off every upstart, especially the truly mis guided or ill informed.'' But it might help some and equips me to tackle them. ''Besides I am no hypocrite, well I don't think so.'' Self praise is no recommendation after all. ''And if I'm going to be pushing these things I should do them well and do them right. Take away the argument that I don't practice what I preach before it can even be levelled at me.'' That gets a more hearty smirk. ''Mages might be wilful by nature but that applies to me as much as those who would try and tear me and our laws down.'' And in that contest I will win. A pause. I already owe her Guanxi for this lesson and letting me study the documents. But the harsh reality is that he would need to indebt himself many times over to many figures and in far more so then then just reading if the task ahead was to pulled off. ''Thank you. For everything. If it comes to duels, knowing someone has my back.'' And a second degree master at that. ''Is a great comfort.'' Any mage might think twice when the realise that. ''As for the studying I would be very glad for the help.'' He smiles genuinely grateful. ''If there is ever anything you would like help studying with that I can provide you only have to ask.'' Guanxi might normally be unspoken but he wants to make sure she knows he understands what she is doing and is prepared to pay it back should he ever be able. Showing both her and the knowledge the respect they deserve.

His turns look wistful, reminiscent, but bold. ''It is a huge commitment but there is nothing like it. When I achieved the first step the first attainment to the feeling was so noticeably different my soul had changed shape, expanded, deepened.'' He trails off. ''Words do not do it justice. But I was, am, more then I was before completing it.'' His connection to Stygia strengthened by the process his pattern able to resonate that much more in tune and as a result hold that much more of supernal truth.

Head goes back a little, less focused, more relaxed. ''That's good to context to know.'' A trap for us to know and thus avoid in our own works. ''Do you recall how the challenge came to be?'' That might be important to know. Looking over the documents to see if he can some how divine the cause.

Ah the key to diplomacy, the thing that is often needed and no one ever likes. very glad she gets it. ''Yes, a compromise. If solitaires are being protected under the law the question comes to, do we limit their control to their sanctums alone of allow for small parcels of territory such as the block I mentioned before to allow for a degree of secrecy still?'' Mages might not like having to share where their sanctums are down to the coordinates, but that could part of the reason to a join a cabal, so they don't have to? ''What we can’t have is a single mage declaring all of downtown Sacramento for example their territory.'' That would be going much to far and why limits are needed. ''As for encouragement well I have a few ideas actually what if official positions in the Consilium with the exceptions of provosts.'' If we ever get there. ''Have a requirement of six months of active continuous, to address the nature of returning mages, participation in a cabal?'' Also looking to head off returning mages showing up and trying to upset things as a one had done jus ta few months ago. ''We could include contributions or changes to the charter having that six-month prerequisite requirement as a way to halt someone walking in the door and creating an immediate problem? Require them to show commitment and try it out for a while before changing it?'' Because if they really care they will make the efforts, if they are just making noise we then have the grounds to dismiss the arguments.

'A second idea which is not mutually exclusive to the first if cabals are claiming larger territory that includes other mages sanctums in the area there could be a tax of some kind?'' Or a lighter form of that idea. ''Or when the cabal requires aid or resources for a task it is required of the mage living in their territory to supply rather than just expected? within whatever rights solitaries are afforded under this draft of course.'' There is no point giving them rights and protections if we don't actually enforce those. ''Or even just reserving they any other business or agenda items in official meeting for cabals to contribute to?'' Give cabals more say in how things are run, where the focus is.
    Health
    Mana

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread