Addressing the next frequent source of questions and confusion and headaches sight and armour.

Cayce brought in 2E because she was bored of 1e armour Here
Xander removed the choice to use 1e or 2e fixing only on 2e out of personal love of the 2e stuff. Here

Since I began running my first PRP and a lot more since taking on the ST role the questions about this have caused a lot of headaches, and I have lost track of the hours I have given to working out the answers, and trying to solve them.

Dodge,
Scrutiny,
Unseen senses,
Spending mana to extend armour,
Sensing mana and hallows,
Auras,
Resonance,
Bringing in other 2e mechanics because we use some already/ flipping the venue entirely,
Balance between the armours/sights,
What counts as any other preview of an arcana for sight,
Added complexity,
When effects apply of sight apply,

To name the most common things raised --- For the reason of pure simplicity I am moving the venue back to 1E armour/sight.

Same as did for Paradox lets see what that means here:

Tactical choices for Armour:
Armor vs magic -- Needs prime 2
Armour vs things targeting the soul -- Needs Prime 3
Armour vs Numina -- Needs Spirit 3
Armour for the mind -- Needs Mind 2
Armour to protect your timeline -- Needs Time 2
Protection from space spells -- Needs space 2 (Ward)

Armour for Physical protection:
Fate/Mind/Space/Time Applies vs Grapple attempts
Death Applies vs The overpower attempts if grappled.
Forces/Life/Matter/Spirit Applies vs attempts to damage if grappled
Life/Forces Applies vs fire and energy attacks
Forces Applies vs Knockdown effects

Sights (Unique benefits beyond the granting of mage sight:
Death -- +1 for perception/scrutiny for Vampire disciplines, devotions, rituals and see the weight of death (you can pick murders out of a crowd, see those with terminal illness)

Fate -- a reflexive Wits + Investigation roll is made to sense when something of metaphysical weight or truth has been spoken or taken place (It is ST discretion and can't be used to fish put I love using this, I have seeded multi year plots from it in my own games).

Forces -- Detect the presence of all types of energy and can thus scrutinise otherwise unseen energy waves.

Life -- He is able to detect the presence of mystic vital animation in the area.

Matter -- The mage gains a +1 dice bonus when studying dense/very dense resonance, but suffers a –1 dice bonus when reading refined/ very refined resonance.

Mind -- He senses when others nearby use exceptional mental powers, such as telepathy, psychometry or ESP, reading the tell tale ripples left by the movements of exceptionally advanced thought. The mage can also read resonance, discerning the emotional and psychic qualities of it: the particular nuances of will, conscious or otherwise that went into creating it. He can feel the mental processes that went into creating the resonance (such as strong emotional states or a powerful exercise of will),effectively detecting its context within reality, the “why” behind the resonance.

Prime -- A +1 dice bonus is gained on perception and scrutiny rolls to sense Awakened magic of any kind, as well as for detecting Mana, tass, enchanted items and Hallows. If the source of mystic power is concealed, the mage’s successes must exceed
the Potency of the magic used to conceal the source. In addition, the mage concentrates (an instant action during which he can
move only his Speed and loses his Defence) to read a person’s aura to determine her nature.

Space -- He can detect spatial distortions and manipulations. He is capable of discerning disturbances in the local fabric of space (typically caused by use of more advanced applications of this very Arcanum). He can detect when someone has altered the spatial axes of an area (for example, making a place larger on the inside than outside), used a location as the
origin point or terminus for teleportation, or created (or overcome) a Space Ward (see below).

Spirit -- He can also determine the Strength of the local Gauntlet. The caster gains a +1 dice bonus (regardless of the number of casting success) on perception and scrutiny rolls to sense spirit Numina and werewolf Gifts and rituals, as well as loci.

Time -- He perceives resonance through the way in which it “snags” things, people and events moving through the timestream, by the magnitude of its presence. He can also tell perfect time, anywhere.

----------------------

A few neat abilities are lost yes. Such as the ability to see Anchors from death sight. If you Feel strongly about them I encourage you to head over to the creative thaumaturgy thread and submit something.

---------------------

I also encourage you to get creative with the way you use these abilities. Understanding the the preview of the arcana really helps. Does our time mage feel the pressing weight of the ages to see literally streams of sand flowing? does your death armour involve reactive shadows forming barriers within your clothing to stop wounds? or maybe the literal death of the fore itself? Is you life armour toughened skin? or heightened reflexes like a spidy sense? --- I will be getting creative, I encourage you to do the same by really getting to grips with what each arcana represents.

Vincent Winter
Xisdor Philip Crosen
Orianna Aurora
Fedup Corn
Delatdream Witch
ragnarokxg Eidolon
Stray Joyeuse
Miliham St. George
Lionell Salem
ReubanBrightwood Chambers