Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

A non-answer was something he had anticipated.
    "Controlled?", he remarks. There was a thin line between order and dictatorship, and that the Guardians knew well. "Curious selection of words. Stable, but not ordered", he says, taking aim at the next clay pigeon.
    "And your skills, as honed as your martial prowess? There may be a couple jobs on the horizon"

2 successes

Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Occultation
    Fighting Style: Kung Fu
    Resources
    Joyeuse

Nimbus:

Silhouetted with a halo of bright, silver light.

When Vulgar magic is cast, Joy's hands and eyes glow a bright silver, as if wreathed in celestial fire
    Tracker

Joyeuse Scenes

Joyeuse Scenes

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A slight shrug was offered from the Arrow.

"You know the other branches just as well as I do, I suspect, if not more,"
    they said, "Getting everyone to agree on anything can be... difficult. With the squabbling that entails, I don't believe ordered is the right term. Still, the security of the company is less... problematic. It is perhaps the most organized part of the company's organization there; the rest though is a bit of a... bureaucratic mess."

There was a smile as Winter signaled there could be use for them soon.

"My prowess is something I've honed since I came to the company," they said, "If it can be of use to you and your activities, let me know. To be frank, my skills are best suited in close quarters, but I will work on expanding that in time."

Taking aim, the Arrow would fire at another pigeon. As they expected, it was another miss.

failure

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He takes a good look at the Arrow before shrugging. "We have a gym, sort of a dojo really. Your predecessors were martial artists, we used to train from time to time. I enjoy fighting myself, though I wouldn't call myself an expert by any stretch."

Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Occultation
    Resources
    Joyeuse

Nimbus:

When Vulgar magic is cast, Joy's hands and eyes glow a bright silver, as if wreathed in celestial fire
    Tracker

Joyeuse Scenes

Joyeuse Scenes

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a glint of interest as Winter spoke of the pseudo-dojo.

"Truly?"
    they quipped, "Well, I will color myself fortunate for that at least. It will be good to have a place to train and prepare. Less time among the public, which is well within my preferences."

Joyeuse was under no illusions that Winter could likely sense their connection to Occultation, just as they did with his. He could understand Joy's desire to separate themself from the general public of the Sleepers, or at least they hoped.

"There is no growth without challenge," they offered, repeating a statement they had said offered, "You've granted me a gift in the form of our time at the range today, I would be willing to afford lessons in this... dojo to repay that kindness. You need only ask... assuming I am to be accepted, of course."

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"No need to thank me", he nods, "just what was rightfully yours", he pulls a cellphone out of his pocket and opens the maps app, "this is the place", he says showing the Arrow.

Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Occultation
    Resources
    Joyeuse

Nimbus:

Tracker

Joyeuse Scenes

Joyeuse Scenes

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Joyeuse looks to the phone, taking note of the location and offering a slight nod.

"Understood, I'll make my way there in due time," they offered, "If you'd be willing, I'd like to inform others in the region of our correspondence should I encounter them there. Wouldn't want them to think I'm intruding, would we?"

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He nods, "Go ahead, though don't worry about intruders, we have countermeasures in place. Just be warned there are a couple of people who are not the most developed... socially at least, I mean"

Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Occultation
    Resources
    Joyeuse

Nimbus:

Tracker

Joyeuse Scenes

Joyeuse Scenes

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Winter's dig at some of his Consilium colleagues and their percieved ineptitude earns a small chuckle from his path-mate, Joyeuse's white teeth glinting in the sun.

"More than fair,"
    they said, "I suppose we will see who I chafe against when I arrive... There are a few things I need to do ahead of time. Move assets, finalize goodbyes, and the like with my old posting, but I should return in the coming days."

The Sanctuary Thread for this month is closing soon, so I will jump Joyeuse into it within the first week of next month!

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He nods, "Consider the formalities concluded then. Welcome to Sacramento".
    And with that, their business was over.

Closing so it can enter continuity

10. Likes Stray liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread