Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The apartment is an open floor loft, walls bare red brick and floor a darker wood. It was clearly a loft that was done by hand. The living room area had oversized couches covered by a beige fabric with brightly colored pillows and a coffee table made from a door and other pieces were clearly done by hand. Soft white LED lights were strung around the room in various places. A book shelf was in the process of being refinished, a sheet under it and various cans of stain around it. Boxes of books were stacked near it, books spilling out onto the floor. One of the shelves was clearly in the process of being redone, most of the paint scraped off it.

There is a piece of art framed and displayed. It's a beautiful mess of absinthe green, the fabled green fairy is flitting about furniture that is currently within Aurora's loft. Things she'd so lovingly restored.

Near the kitchen area was brewing equipment. A traditional carboy, with some beer fermenting in it, as well as a more advanced fermenter.

Near a window was a ballet bar with colored mats beneath it. There was also a hula-hoop with five prongs that stuck out on it, as well as a sword, plus some odd looking wired fan thing. Both were leaning against a small, 19x19x17 glass box, not very big.
    Chambers
    @ReubenBrightwood

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

This was the first time he had visited another mages sanctum since arriving in the city nearly a year ago, that not being anything unusual in itself but the prospect was exciting.

Today we would learning about awakened history and tradition. The laws that separated them from from their foes, kept them on the paths to I wisdom, and while it was not an area he had seen himself pursuing after having thought about he had come to the conclusion who wouldn't want to be knowledge in this area.

Getting off the bus at the second nearest stop to the address given to him a mesaanger bag is lsung over his shoulder full of notebooks, writing and drawinbg equipment. He had depated the robes today but well while this was a meeting of mystagouges it was not an offical meeting so instead he had opted for a smarter set of Clothing, The black fir the dark academic vibes if came across a little sharper then he would have liked. And the Tailocat was smart, pressed. He had spent more effort as ways to show respect to host and the knowledge itself he hoped to learn today. In that vein in his hand a slow cooker kept the still warm Beef Casserole and balancing on top a box containing a variety of homemade Mixed berry tarts for desert.

Upon reaching the door he will knock thrice.

Beef casserole (difficult -5) 5/2 successes

Mixed Berry tarts (difficulty -5) 6/2 successes
    Health
    Mana

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Truth be told, she still wasn’t sure why she was doing this. She hated politics, but Chambers seemed to have a level head and like he could hold a civil conversation.

Upon hearing the door, the Shaman will open the door dressed rather casually in comfortable pants and an off the shoulder oversized shirt. If she didn’t have to dress up for an Official Meeting or for a magazine interview, she wasn’t.

Smiling, “Hey! Come on in.” stepping out of the way, “Oh, let me help you with that.” Offering to take the box, “What did you bring?” laughing as she closed the door behind him. But damn, it smelled good! Walking into the kitchen area, she sets the box down, “Feel free to put that anywhere.” The counter space pretty open. “Can I get you anything to drink? I have some beer in the fridge, as well as tea and I think some coffee.”

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

As the door is open Aurora is greeted with a warm smile. And he can't help but notice that dressed to impress or causally he has yet to see her not absolutely own whatever look she goes for. Her air of confidence goes along way. And the fact that she is very good looking only adds to the sense she holds the attention of others, has command of the room effortlessly. ''Good to see you, how are you keeping.'' Avoiding name with the door open and all. Steeping inside as she allows him in. ''Thank you again for doing this.'' Surrendering the top box. ''Oh just a beef casserole and some berry tarts for after. It is good of you to host me, so I thought I'd contribute something.'' They were very good dishes make no mistake. But they could have been better.

Looking around the apartment he remembers her talking about brewing in the graveyard, and something about furniture. ''Now that is an amazing table.'' Appreciating both creativity and the craft. He will place the slow cooker on the indicated surface. ''Tea if you would be so kind.'' Tempting as the beer was, the kind of learning on the agenda today merited a clear head. Regrettably.
    Health
    Mana

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Good to see you as well.” Finally taking in his outfit, chuckling, “Have to say, making me feel a bit under dressed.” Amusement in her voice, “That’s a smart looking jacket, did you get it around here?” he wore it well. “Oh, not too bad. Just been busy translating some texts and had a couple interviews at the start of the week for some magazines.” It had been some time since she had done interviews, but it felt good. “Just a beef casserole and berry tarts he says.” Laughing once again, “You’re saying that to the girl that cannot cook to save her life. But thank you, it smells delicious!” maybe she should learn some basics of cooking.

Grey eyes look to the indicated table, “Thanks! One of my first attempts to refurbish something.” Sort of been her pride and joy. “Sure, it’s nothing fancy, just some tea bags from the store.” Cause fancy tea wasn’t her thing. But she does have a tea kettle, which she fills with water and starts one of the burners on the stove. While it was heating up, she would pull out a beer from the fridge.

Leaning against the counter, waiting for the water, “How about you? How have things been? Anything exciting going on?”

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

After putting the cooker down he had begun to remove the jacket. It was after all more for an outside vestment. ''Thank you.'' A little embarrassed. actually. ''It's just off a rack but, yeah I visit enough markets, fairs and events that I stumble across pieces I like from time to time.'' And well for learning about the Lex it had felt right to dress for seriousness of the occasion. ''Interviews, not many I know that would be doing that.'' Most mages prefer the secrecy of not being in the public eye. ''Is that for your performances?'' But somehow if any mage could buck that trend without it seeming odd Aurora managed it. ''I'd be quite happy to teach a few dishes if you want. In the grand scheme of it I'm fairly new to cooking myself but found I seem to have a knack for it.'' There are those much better then me but I do alright.

If that was one her first, she has a real talent for it. ''It looks great.'' And fit right in. ''Thank you.'' Never one to be rude about offered hospitality.

That was a question. He felt like he had been doing less lately but was somehow busier. ''Well I've got summer papers due soon for my Philosophy course.'' Those are taking some time. ''Things at the circle seem to be getting busy and that taking more and more to prepare for.'' With a few strong personalities and a host of new mages joining the balancing act is already proving to be difficult. ''And I've made a few advances in my own studies recently.'' A significant number of break throughs to be honest. ''So yeah quite a bit really.'' Actually when it was all lined up like that yes he had been busy. ''And finding time to go walkabouts and keep an eye of whatever I can of course.'' A habit he had gotten into in the last year or so.
    Health
    Mana

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“It’s a great find then, not a style you see all that often.” She liked it, it was different. A single shoulder shrugged, “It’s part of the job, and yeah, it was about me sort of coming out of retirement and my time overseas. I haven’t done a magazine in quite a few years, so it felt right. Plus, it helps keep my name fresh and people visiting my videos.” She knew her fame wasn’t a common thing for Awakened, but it was who she was. “I don’t get recognized as much as anymore, so it’s been kind of nice.” It used to be almost daily, but that was years ago. “Teach me to cook?” laughing, “Many have tried, all have failed. I just don’t have a knack for it. Now brewing beer or grilling meat? I’m your girl.” It was a nice offer, but she wasn’t worried about learning. There was takeout for a reason.

“Thanks!” it hadn’t taken much, but people still seemed to like it. Maybe simpler was better.

Turning to the kettle, she pours the hot water into a cup with the tea before carrying it to Chambers. “Summer papers? I thought the summer was supposed to be a time of fun and no school work.” Least that’s how she had understood it. The mention of the Circle gets a curt nod, but she doesn’t say anything on the matter.

“Oh? Congratulations! That’s always an exciting time!” she was still trying to decide which direction she was going to go.

Gesturing to the couch and chairs, “Have a seat.” Setting her beer down, she pulls out a few boxes and folders, bringing them to the coffee table before sitting down. “Where did you want to get started?”

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

He nods having noticed the minor cultural difference. ''It's a lot more common around parts of the UK still.'' Maybe that was why it had peaked his attention and bought it. ''Well last I was there anyway, the speed things move these days it could well have died a death.'' But who cared about that, given he had moved from being mildly embarrassed to nonchalant it seems he did not.

''And how is that going? the shows I mean, If I recall right you said summer was a good time for it.'' He hoped he remembered right anyway. ''There is a certain security in breaking with the traditional image of our society when you think about it.'' Until you get exposed, but if you can avoid that. ''Who would be looking for a mage giving shows or in magazine interviews.'' If you can make it work then why not.

He shrugs. ''Fair enough.'' It is not for everyone after all. ''Speaking of, you reckon eat now or later?'' Not sure how long of a day lay ahead of them. ''If later it might be worth me putting the slow cooker on the keep warm setting.'' He knew it had one but had never used it, honestly he was of two minds about this technology. The recipe said to use one, but next time we'll see if I know better then the recipe.

He will accept the tea. ''My studies are part time.'' A useful little arrangement. ''It messes with deadlines. But means I can keep my self afloat.'' And pursue truer studies, well worth it. ''Besides I'm not some fresh faced undergraduate out on his own for the first time.'' Chuckling at his own joke. ''No I know that I can relax when I want to, if I want to.'' What relaxing looked like might be a little different but all the same.

He nods. And several more are needed if all that needs to be done can be. ''Yes indeed, nothing powerful mind.'' That is not my goal currently, no one will be calling me master anytime soon. ''But plenty of very important lessons all the same.'' She makes no comment on her studies and he does not pry a mages secrets are their own.

He will take the indicated seat and watch the box with interest. ''Well at the beginning would be best, being able to see the developments, what led to what, trying not miss context.'' He sought understanding and would be thorough not just skip to the exciting parts.
    Health
    Mana

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Huh. Well, I think it looks nice and needs to be more popular.” Then again, she never cared much for what was considered fashion. Her clothes were whatever looked good. Favorite leather pants and jacket? At least ten years old.

“Haven’t gotten any lined up just yet, the city added some new rules to using fire in the park, so need to make sure I can stay within them. Summers are good because with schools being out, there are more festivals and gatherings, so I can snag a spot and get bigger crowds.” Plus, she just liked summer better. Smirking, “I Awakened as I was becoming more and more famous. So it was either quit the only thing I ever knew, or keep going and make it work. It’s not easy, it has its challenging times, but I kind of enjoy it. But as the years have gone by, I’ve become less and less of a household name, sideshow is a dying art these days.” Hence why she had been trying furniture.

“I say we eat now, because, to be honest, that amazing smell is going to be distracting!” lighthearted, but serious.

“Glad to hear you can relax when you want. I fully support taking time to yourself and just living life. Too many lose focus on that over the years.” You would usually always find her relaxing.
    Nodding in understanding, “Everything we put time into learning and improving on is powerful in its own way. At least, that’s how I’ve always looked at it.” shrugging.

“Well, the beginning is ten years ago. And there was already a Lex and Charter set in place and no real uproar over it from what I can remember. The problems started to arise when people started to come and go, myself being one of them. Not that I ever had an issue with the Lex mind you, but others started to arrive who took issues with a majority of it. I’ve noticed as numbers have shrunk over the years, so has the upset over having the Charter, a lot over the Charter. I’ve never understood it myself, as I’ve always liked having it in place and having the direction it provides in times of upheaval and breaking of the Laws.”

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

''Well thank you.'' You know it is nice to get compliments considering I usually don't. And coming from someone who made everything she wore look effortlessly great did probably help all the more.

He listens politely and looks sympathetic. ''Life does seem to get ever more restrictive, ever more monitored and require ever more paperwork.'' None of these things were good in his book. ''But if food vendors, musicians and like can do it must be possible.'' You definitely needed access to fire to cook be it in an oven, bbq or open flame he knew that much. Pondering that he sees the wisdom. ''A plight many have to balance when they awaken no doubt.'' It was true I had to as well. Who wouldn't. ''Yours just came with the added complication of fame.'' Dying art, a topic that is quickly becoming regular between us. ''And yet if they have shows grand enough to call performers like yourself half way around the world it must still have some life in it.'' Recalling her reason for heading out to Paris, and trying to inject a little optimism into the conversation, a rare thing for A Moros himself included to do.

He nods standing. ''Sounds good. I wasn't able to balance bowls and cutlery so do you mind if we use yours'' If not eating is going to become an exercise in creativity rather quickly. By how he is standing he quite ready to be direct where to look and serve.

He chuckles. ''What does relaxing look like for you then?'' Curious how she let off stress. Eyes drift over some of the peculiar objects in the room, sword and hula hop included. ''Oh I was referring to my studies of the arcana.'' Maybe I buried that lead a little. ''Some very useful developments but nothing that any other mage couldn't accomplish.'' Although my approach is a little less standard.

He listens intently. Ten years I had yet to awaken at that point. ''So new arrivals wanting to make their mark? lacking context? or just bucking authority made a mess of a system.'' That, that actually has an easy fix. ''Once we have a charter in place do you think its worth adding a question to the acknowledgement to the effect of here is the charter read and know what your accepting by joining up?'' If they have agreed to it at that stage it should curtail a good number of dissents. ''The fact that there is currently no charter speaks to how much people disregard it and our history, our traditions.'' It did not sit to well with the Moros. ''The Lex, the charter, our laws.'' For that is what they were. ''Restrain us, punish us yes but only for breaches of hubris. They help keep us on the path to wisdom. They separate us from our foes who hold no such caution or balance.'' Without them how are we better then Seers imposing our will on reality because we and we alone think we know best and have the right to do as we please. ''It is something I hope to remedy.'' Given I've had to talk down murder robots already I think we need it.

''By chance do yo have a copy?'' Maybe if I can see what was being object to I can judge the fairness of the objection or at a minimum see what pitfalls to work around.
    Health
    Mana

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
+ Reply to Thread