Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Upon arriving at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center, one is immediately struck by the expansive dry open fields and the distant sound of gunfire. The scent of gunpowder and earth fills the air, a familiar mix that brings a sense of comfort. It's a place where fellow minded people can meet, and secret deals are brokered amid the privacy afforded by gunfire and isolation.
    The Obrimos has been waiting by the designated meeting point, an isolated gravel path leading to one of the minor shooting ranges, dressed in his signature attire, his cold calculating gaze overlooks the parking lot.

Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Occultation
    Fighting Style: Kung Fu
    Resources
    Joyeuse

Nimbus:

Silhouetted with a halo of bright, silver light.

When Vulgar magic is cast, Joy's hands and eyes glow a bright silver, as if wreathed in celestial fire
    Tracker

Joyeuse Scenes

Joyeuse Scenes

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

In time, the rumbling of an incoming automotive sounded into the environs of the shooting range. A Prius from the looks of things, bearing the name of a certain popular rideshare service in the windshield. The vehicle sidled up, coming to a gentle stop, and then Joyeuse finally stepped outside from the passenger's seat, granting the driver a brief farewell before turning their attention to the greater parking lot. THey kept their general look understated, lacking strong makeup and even their well-manicured nails were free of polish, but their adrogynous features were plain to see nonetheless. Their attire? Business casual in a sense. Black twill pants, a loose, white blouse, and gray blazer.

Joy's gaze eventually finds Winter's, hidden as it is behind stylish shades as the Obrimos makes their approach.

"I presume our meeting is preordained?" they offer, extending one of their slender hands, "Please, call me Joy."

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

As he closes the distance to the woman, his gaze remains cool, a stark contrast to the warmth of the sun overhead. With a nod of acknowledgment, he takes Joy's hand in a businesslike shake, their own attire a reflection of their meticulous nature.
    The woman's looked like a walking contradiction. While he found delight in the certain unconventional charm of her appearance, at the same time he had to focus himself on the here and now, lest the wispylike stranger flow out of his attention span. Were they part of a larger crowd - he figured - he'd be hard pressed to track her.

"That would be the case," he replied, his voice measured and composed. "I am Winter"
    The distant crack of gunfire echoed in the air, a reminder of their whereabouts "I took the liberty and booked one of the side lanes in advance"

Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Occultation
    Resources
    Joyeuse

Nimbus:

When Vulgar magic is cast, Joy's hands and eyes glow a bright silver, as if wreathed in celestial fire
    Tracker

Joyeuse Scenes

Joyeuse Scenes

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

As the stoic Winter took their hand, Joyeuse's lips parted in a brief, but cordial smile.

"A pleasure,"
    they offered, keeping the shake brief, but professional.

If the Arrow was bothered by the gunshots, it was not apparent. After all, it would not be the first time Joy had heard gunfire and, likely, it would not be the last.

"Oh? How exciting,"
    they offered, their androgynous voice lilting lightly with a curious excitement, "I've always boasted a more... direct approach, but I have no qualms about learning something new. Shall we, then?"

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"An open mind is a honed one", he nods. It doesn't take them more than a minute at a brisk pace to reach the part of the range the Obrimos rented. On a rusted metal table lay several guns. A few dozen yards away, a series of practice targets are spread though the area. "I fancy myself as a jack of all trades, master of none. So, you mentioned Philly"

Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Occultation
    Resources
    Joyeuse

Nimbus:

Tracker

Joyeuse Scenes

Joyeuse Scenes

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Joyeuse sounded a small chuckle. "If only mastery was so simple," they said, their eyes briefly scanning over the guns for a moment before diverting their eyes back to Winter, "Honing oneself through will alone can only get you so far, I'm afraid."

At the mention of their former Consilium.

"Indeed, the city is secure,"
    they said, "Well, for the most part. There will always be issues, as you know, from within and without. However, the city benefits from something that Sacramento does not have in abundance, at least as far as I understand it."

There was a pause as Joy looked out to the range.

"Numbers," they concluded, "Hence, why I saw an opportunity... An open mind is an excellent starting point to improve oneself, but there must also be challenges and the acknowledgement of responsibility."

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

His gaze lingers on the array of instruments of war laid out on the weathered table, he nods in silent acknowledgment of the tools of their trade, other than for a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth his expression remains impassive. "Mastery is a pursuit that demands a dedication and courage that most people do not possess", he adds.

"Security is a delicate balance,"
    he remarks, "Numbers can only carry you so much. Often greater scale brings its own set of new problems and challenges"
    A brief pause follows, filled only by the distant echoes of gunfire.
    "Just like buildings can fall under their own weight if the foundations are not solid enough, so can organizations and communities. As they say, the taller the spire is, the louder is the crash that follows", he concludes, studying the other mage's reaction. "Opportunity for growth or to serve?"

Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Occultation
    Resources
    Joyeuse

Nimbus:

Tracker

Joyeuse Scenes

Joyeuse Scenes

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

In a rare event, Joyeuse allows their emotion to rest on the surface. Clearly, it seems the Arrow is enjoying the discussion of ideology. It seems, thus far, that they and Winter are not too dissimilar.

"That much is true," Joyeuse replies, agreeing with their path-mate's take on mastery, "but all have the ability. What stops most is their perception of the Self."

As Winter indicates the need to balance the presence of magi with the troubles of the Fallen World, Joy again nods.

"A fitting case," they agree, "Though I'm sure Sacramento could benefit from at least one more pair of hands, no? I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned at the lack of representation from my particular camp here."

Returning their glance to the instruments before the two of them, a small smile tugs at the corner of their lips as Winter hints at ambition.

"Both," they answer, "On the one hand, it is necessary to grow and expand my understanding and ability for my own defense and benefit. On the other, it is my responsibility to provide my talents to the greater community. One must temper the other. Without such rules, I would be pursuing growth without direction."

Looking back to Winter, their face waxed to a philosophical expression.

"Can you imagine an individual like us who pursued their ends without purpose?" they mused, "The implication is troubling at best and an obvious threat to be extinguished at worst."

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

Guardians and the rest of the Pentacle couldn't be on more opposite sides when it came to this. Not every soul was equal, not everyone had the same potential, it was like - their roles - was to foster their refinement, one spin of the wheel at time.
    Of course, he wouldn't risk sharing that with a non-Guardian.
    "Yeah, on a long enough timeline, everyone gets to the end of the marathon, one way or another", there is a pause, his expression grows softer, "everyone is welcome, especially if the hands belong to a capable person".
    He studies one of the gun, it feels light in his hand, "We all - without exception - have our own imperfections, the matter is what we do to fix them or to protect others from the worst of us", he shrugs.

Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Occultation
    Resources
    Joyeuse

Nimbus:

Tracker

Joyeuse Scenes

Joyeuse Scenes

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The slight smile remained as Winter concluded his thoughts on potential, their eyes landing on his face as he softens and offers what Joyeuse can only suspect to be his own version of welcoming.

"I look forward to proving my worth," they offered. Joy knew they were capable, but Winter's guarded stance made sense. Joyeuse was an unknown quantity to him.

As their path-mate examines the gun, Joyeuse traces their fingers on another, but does not pick it up.

"I'll admit it feels nice to find a like mind, even if we know our respective methods of protection are distinct,"
    Joyeuse remarks, "Now... our pleasantries aside, I presume you invited me to shoot targets? Your way of getting to know someone?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread