Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

By Royal decree

THREADID
DISPLAYED
May 1, 2024 : (2405)Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Week I Week II Week III Week IV
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Daeva vice: Pride

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

All her nails are painted a glossy Jet black.

Stylishly messy Auburn hair past her shoulders.
    Verity Carmen Scenes

Imbibe
      Blush (forgot to track from last post)

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Continued from (2405)Formal Court...

Verity waits bowed low, long enough to be respectful. Only then rising. ''Good evening your Grace.'' Doing her best not to look at the now close at hand hellhound. ''Your dress is gorgeous.'' The Daeva apricating that it did look good, but also was not your standard fare of dress, every dress she had seen the rule of Sacramento wear had been wonderfully unique.
    Daeva Vice: Pride. BP: 1 Dollface
    Health

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

More bits and pieces of conversation were picked up and filed. Her main concern had not been addressed as of yet, but there was time.

First things first, a nod to the Daeva as she approached.

“Good evening Ms Carmen, please,” an inked hand gesturing to the other seats around her, “sit.” Dark eyes watch her, “Thank you, a custom piece.” A bit brighter than she was used to, but, she was trying new things. “Yours is quite intriguing and stunning.” Was the Daeva used to people not realizing or forgetting she was a Daeva? Or was it a message? “What was your inspiration?” might as well make conversation.

“I was curious if you would elaborate on the recent message you sent.” It really wasn’t a question. “Your messages have been passed along, but I like to talk and ask questions in person. Text is so" pausing, "impersonal.” And coded, and a pain in the ass.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Her flawless form curves where is should, is thick where it needs to be and thinner likewise.

Perfectly symmetrical, Mistry Green eyes offer ready temptations from beneath the sculpted messy waves of Auburn hair.

The rocker girl assemble of fishnets, ripped shirts and leather show off just the right amount, to pull every eye to her and ensnare imaginations, without being considered indecent.
    Doll Face

Doll face:
    Dark purple eye shadow, with black eyeliner. Just enough Mascara to make her eye lashes look jet black against the purple.

Matching Purple lipstick over full lips, to which a clear lip gloss gives a lustrous shine.

Foundations 3 shades lighter than her already fair skin tone. Something that is only really visible when she blushes as her face remains rather pale.

Verity Carmen Scenes

Imbibe

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Verity will take a seat when offered back straight, posture alert. She had heard Jacque's remark, quip of whatever he had hoped it would be, but this time she was determined not slip up once in the conversation and shows uncharacteristic restraint in not letting it bother her. Her attention if for the Prince and the prince alone, she had learned from last time.

''My compliments to whoever made it.'' They know their stuff. The return question was a surprise, be it just polite manners or genuine interest she had not expected it. ''The inspiration is nothing unexpected. The Daeva are sometimes referred to blood of the rose, roses have thorns and both work well to accommodate my usual style choices into something more befitting your court.'' Another lesson she learnt from. ''And I've never been one to just buy off the shelf.'' Formal wear might be in order but nothing said I could not personalise it. ''I've rather enjoyed the effort truth be told.'' And she had spent effort. Months between the events learning and preparing trying to get her outfits to walk that line.

Here? In front of everyone? doesn't that contradict? no Never mind. ''As you wish your Grace.'' She pauses only long enough to order her thoughts, she had been sending quite a few messages after all. ''I have been in frequent recent contact with Gabriel, which message intrigues you? I will elaborate as fully as I can.'' No need to out all of my secrets for all to hear if I can avoid it.
    Health

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

It didn’t go unnoticed that Verity was giving her, her undivided attention. Maybe there was promise in this one yet.

Nodding as she listened, well aware of what the Daeva are, “Well, you certainly make it work for yourself.” The hint of a smile, “Are you finding your work paying off?” asks the Savage.

“As I am aware, I get the messages from him when he receives them.” A well-behaved Ghoul. Leaning back as her dark eyes glance about the room, again, picking up conversations and things to be handled later. Behind closed doors. “Well, as you said, there have been quite a few.” An ink hand raised and Gabriel steps over and hands her a cell. “Lets see.” The Ghoul steps back beside the door. “There are two I’m curious about, the first being in regards to Forten. Did you not see the news about the fire at his warehouse?” because Ale did. “Second, the most recent one, I would like to hear more about it and if it needs to be looked into. Explain your concerns, your text said it was urgent, and I have no doubt it is, but I would like to hear more in a secure environment.” Hence, Court.

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes

Imbibe

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

She can't stop the smile spreading. That compliment had meant something. ''Thank you. And yes I have found it has been quite worth the effort. Having fun with it was an added bonus.'' From that First formal Court. Seneschal Hazleton, Priscus Jacque, the general kindred population of Sacramento and the Prince herself all made public comment about how I was underdressed. Father Lamech fleeing with his tail between his legs was less talked about then what I was wearing. In the two courts since the three most prominent kindred in the city have all passed compliments on my choice of attire, I would call that a success.

Verity watches the ghoul hands the cell over and braces. Plans might be be about to unravel. Okay Forten. ''Someone asked me to find out some information without the context of his involvement. I did see the announcement but being unaware of his ties to my task I persevered and eventually with months of work overcame several dead ends to triumph.'' That seems to matter more to her that she had succeed through hardship. ''Others were also seeking that information and could not acquire it.'' The topic might be closed but it might still hold value if she keeps the conversation vague enough. ''By the time I did you had degreed to be the only person with who I should share information.'' And Verity had held nothing back. Well nothing that mattered, she strongly doubted the prince cared to know if she was sitting on the left or right side of the sofa on any given night, or who she took to bed when feeding.

Verity is still human enough that she begins to show signs of being uncomfortable about this text. ''That one had two distinct topics. the first.'' To an an experienced pair of eyes this was not the big issue. ''Yes I do think it needs looking into. One of us killing the kine of your city so casually brings the kind of attention we don't want.'' A pause she is in unfamiliar water with the conversation. ''I am quite willing to investigate myself, but with your permission would like to share the information with a few others to if they agree to help me.'' I already admitted this so might as well. ''I can't fight, at all. Most kine would beat me. So if it turns nasty having others on the scene to help would significantly increase the odds of everything resolving safely.'' The Daeva hoped her willingness to put herself in harms way despite being for all intense and purpose defenceless if a fight broke out would show she was not trying to pass the buck, just needed help to achieve results on this.

If blood flowed through her body to fake life she would have swallowed her. ''As for the other issue.'' She knew politics and knew what the signs meant. ''The contradictory nature of the information I have received in a few cases gives me very strong reason to think that is a conversation best had out of earshot.'' She knows she risks the princes displeasure but she had very good reason and has to trust her gut even as she can feel her beast whine in fear. ''I sent an attachment, a picture on one of the messages.'' There was only one such. ''When that is held side by side with my most recent message a much larger and more concerning issue takes shape.'' And nothing says they do not have someone in the faceless masses tonight. ''The names particularly stand out.'' Is as much as she dares.

Her pride will not let her beg for the princes trust or understanding no matter the cost to herself. But she looks at the prince steady and unblinking waiting for judgement.
    Health

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Savage leans back once again, dark eyes glancing over the room as pieces of conversation were picked out. Some of them filed away for more…personal…talks.

“Tell me,” She begins, “who would you have passed the information along to? A Kindred of my Court? I can only think of one, maybe two, who would want such information. Such information could be vital to ongoing investigations, and information like that should be passed to the Reeve, Seneschal or myself.” Had Jenn asked?

“I would prefer if Reeve Kingsley was on board for such an investigation. If you are, as you say, unable to hold your own in a fight, you’ll need someone who can. If Reeve Kingsley is unable to, I’ll find someone to accompany you.” A few names came to mind.

There was a quirk of an eyebrow, “Out of earshot?” asks the Savage, “I’m not one for secrets when it comes to the safety of my Domain.” Reminding the Daeva, “But I am willing to have you text the name to Gabriel, right now.” Then she will be the judge.

“On a different topic, have you ever considered learning to fight? Even just a little to protect yourself?” because, kind of important.

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes

Imbibe

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

I know full well I put the who in the text, so what the purpose to this? But when asked so directly she could not figure a way to side step the demand. ''Seneschal Hazelton set me to acquire that information.'' Answering honestly, but without revealing the exact nature or content of information pertaining to Forten.

That's a positive turn. ''Thank you your grace. I'll make sure the Reeve is brought up to speed.'' That simplifies things rather considerably. ''I'll be sure to keep you informed of how the investigation progresses.'' I could not have asked for better honestly.

Verity is clearly uncomfortable. But if she could breathe a sigh of relief she would have when the Prince allows of silent communication. She nods swiftly. If anything can be relied upon its that Verity might be dead but lives through her phone. Its in her hands even as she finishes nodding and black pained fingers hammering away fast. A long text pings across. She has put all the information in one text, underlined the key issues and silently voiced the questions that make her anxious to talk in public.

Phone drops into her lap as she looks up. ''It has crossed my mind but I have never had the need to.'' I take my meals in bed, no fighting needed. ''I have always been far more the socialite than anything else so it has never been needed.'' But it seems I need to be a lot more then that here.
    Health

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Did the Savage already know? Perhaps, but she had her reasons.

Nodding her head, “I would appreciate that, communication has been,” pausing a moment, “lacking as of late. Just a quick heads up about how things are progressing, and if there is anything else needed to advance the investigation.” The offer would be there.

If Ale noticed…or cared for that matter…that the Daeva was uncomfortable, there was no sign of it.

Waiting, she looks at the phone when the message indicator goes off, still leaning back as she read the message and clicked the links. She takes her time reading the messages, maybe weighing options. Or maybe just taking her time.

“I do not handle Acknowledgements, that rests with the Priscus, and in this case, you.” Verity was the only Daeva of note, and rather she caught on to that or not, well, was not Ale’s problem. “Speak with Gabriel and get an appointment setup and we can talk later.” Allowing Verity, the privacy on the matter.

Then a flat look, “Seriously? You believe your social skills will carry you all the way through your Danse?” oh to be that young and naive. “Dangerous road to walk, everyone should know the basics.”

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (Tempting)
    Striking Looks:
    (Your Dream Rocker Girl)
    Distinctive Voice:
    (Mellifluous)
    Cacophony Listener
    Cacophony Whisperer
    Verity Carmen
    Description

Doll Face

Doll face:

Verity Carmen Scenes

Imbibe

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

The Daeva nods once. ''Of course.'' Lacking? Is that because others are forbidden for sharing as well or has their apathy fallen on my head? She gives the smallest of shrugs. ''Information is a resource, it does not surprise me that kindred retain what they can to use at times best suited to themselves.'' An all to common attitude. I would be the same if it were not for the chain placed upon me. Should I ask her to change it? Not here, not tonight. I've made one play, lets give it time to see if it works.

Verity blinks twice in surprise. She sits a little straighter. Does she think I'm fit for the role then? It would seem so. Seeing a compliment were there might be none. ''Your Grace, the clan meet I told you of is due to occur tomorrow night. I intend to put my hat in the ring for the position, and we shall see if the other Daeva of your court agree that I should hold the title.'' It should be an interesting battle of wits to be sure. ''But I am grateful for your vote of confidence.'' And here of all places I hope they are listening close.

Green eyes snap momentarily to the silent Ghoul, and back to the prince as she makes mention of him. The unease if noticed, lessens to the more standard of just being near such a powerful predator as the prince. ''Thank you, your Grace. I shall.'' For his benefit. ''But anytime, any night is fine, I'll make it work.'' I know how it works, I make time for you, fit to your schedule, not the other way around.

Verity is either unashamed or more likely to proud to look bashful. ''I have chosen to hone the skills I have. The ones that have got me as far as I have gotten.'' Not much more then kept my head on my shoulders but there you go. ''I was never called on for tasks that would need fighting skills.'' Several of your court admit the same. ''And finding someone to teach me, if I wanted to is a little harder then it used to be.'' Being what I am and all. ''But I'll work on it.'' And if that meant the same as what working on her fashion had, then well something would come of it.
    Health

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Not when it comes to the security of my Domain. Withholding such information comes with a steep price, a price not all will be happy to pay.” Dark eyes darken. “Not wise to shrug off such matters.” Neonates.

“Confidence has nothing to do with it. With a Clan of one, the position of Priscus falls to that Kindred, with no other Kindred of note, it’s obvious.” Why one would care what the faceless masses have to say was boggling.

There was no movement from the Ghoul, no indication of hearing what was said. He knew his place, and that was to stand there and do as tasked and nothing more.

“We all choose to hone the skills we are best at. But to hone the skills that present us with a challenge is truly overcoming. Not saying you need to be the be all end all of fighting, but basic self defense can go a long way. Not all will be swayed by your other skills, but you do what you feel is best.” Just don’t cry to her when it goes south. “The Court has many skilled in some form of fighting. It’s a skill better to have some knowledge in then none at all.” A pretty face only got you out of some situations.

15. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
+ Reply to Thread