Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Underground Explorers

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lost arrive to large open area within the tunnels. A gallery cave, tall enough ceiling that the Lost could stand on each other's shoulders without hitting the ceiling. There is a large tarp under a pile construction supplies and tools they might find useful. A second tarp is on the ground beside it, having probably been thrown off the first. The area is lit by electric lamps to provide a lot of illumination, most on the floor but some are hanging from pitons on the walls. A third tarp is present covering some construction materials for those that seek to know.

The gallery has a trio of archways on the West, North, and East. The Northern one is a little cleaner than it the others, whilst the Lost themselves are entering form the Western archway.

A folding table with a matching chair is set up in the room, along with a large battery system beneath it. The battery is attached to a laptop and a radio box, illuminated by yet another electric lamp. There is also a set of eight cheap walkie talkies on the table.

There are a octet of spare folding chairs around it. And at the table, awaiting the arrival of the others?

The Summer Queen, Groundskeeper of Sacramento, Circe. Dressed in another one of her skin suits, with Hedgespun breastplate for safety. And guns of course. It is Circe, she is going to have guns.

Gallery Tarp Supplies

Table

Looted construction materials East

Leham / Leonard
    Lionell / Jasper
    Yum Yum Crow / Anatole
    Abyssalstar / Sonnie
    Xander / Kane
    Captain Countdown / Gawain
    Saber Sloth

OOC, welcome underground to those brave Lost venturing into the no longer known. And dirt. Lots of dirt. FYI, when the lined "---" separation between the narration section and the Circe section, each labeled at the start as "Narration:" or "Circe:". If the party splits, that will likely become just narration.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

2. Likes , , , liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie wandered into the cave, dressed for exploration: Blue jeans, her red hedgespun boots, a pink flannel shirt over a black tee, her hair in twin braids under a red beanie. Her messenger bag was slung across her back. After taking a moment to absorb the scene, she stomped up to Circe and saluted.

"Explorer Wu, reporting for duty!" A grin spread across her lips. "Heh heh. Doody."

Her juvenile humor was interrupted by a new discovery, at which she gasped. "Walkie talkies!" The Beast snatched one up and immediately started playing with it. "Roger roger! Come in! Came you read me? The kangaroo has landed at the roost! I repeat, the kangaroo has landed at the roost! Over!"

Who did she think she was talking to?

Hedgspun boots (+2 SPD), Hedgespun Coin Pendant (+2 DEF), Hedgespun Staff (+2 DMG), 2 throwing knives (concealed), messenger bag, smartphone, bottled water, cookies, chips, goblin fruit (1 coupnettle tea, 2 blushberries), plastic keychain of cartoon cloud blowing wind.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

4. Likes , , , liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole appears, his mantle making him appear even more stark and baroque in the darkness. His fire-ax is slung casually over his shoulder, head down; not sure what to expect, he has eschewed his hedgespun raiment for something much more mundane - mundane survivalist clothing and boots. He carries a much-patched sling bag containing a few sundries and tools.

"So... What was this about tunnel exploration? Oh! Hello Sonnie Wu ! I am feeling more confidant already."

He marched into the light, openly eyeing the Beast kith's many hedgespun items.

"Ha! Walkie talkies! Like the old tech, Circe."

Bobbing his head to the Crimson Sovereign, the burned dwarf takes the time to inspect the supplies under the tarp and the looted materials.

Anatole is carrying an Ax and a Knife. He is waring reinforced clothing (0/1 Armor) with gloves and carrying a sling bag.

The sling bag contains: rations, bottled water, cheap lockpicks (+0 bonus) and tuper ware.

6. Likes , , liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Social Chameleon
    (Good Talker)
    Mantle
    (Cool breeze)
    Leonard Kingsley

Social Chameleon 2
    Striking Looks 2

+1
    SL
    PRE

Leonard would show up wearing more hiking like gear, climbing boots and a more heavy coat.

He would walk in behind Anatole since he knew who he was more than anyone else in the room, he would walk neatly and precisely as was his seeming would act.

He would nod at Sonnie and Circe as he took a seat very riggedly, since he was also terrified of Circe and Sonnie cause they were very beautiful woman which scared him.

He would look at Circe and give her a salute since she was the captain here, he would say "Leonard Kingsley reporting in"

He would fix his gloves out of habit, trying his best not to look directly at them, but would look at Anatole and Sonnie as they were about to talk.

They are fellow Changelings like you, don't panic
    Striking Looks 2

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Confidant)
    Summer Mantle
    (Halo of Light)
    Kane Harlow

Mein: Kane's flesh is replaced by plates that appear to be painted porcelain. Metallic studs and circuitry pepper the plates across his body in asymmetric clusters.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Manikin

Nothing says trust the knight of the summer court like a total lack of punctuality.

Kane rushed down into the tunnels dressed in worn black jeans, boots, and a long sleeve black t shirt. The only thing he had with him was a water bottle. Still struggling with money, there wasn't a whole lot else he could do with that right now. Something to think about later.

"Sorry I'm late." He said as he rushed over to Circe. "Came through the hedge from my hollow and the whole hedge time thing is still a bit new to me."

He'd get the hang of that one day. Probably.... hopefully... For now though?

"I'm Kane by the way. Crimson Knight of the Summer Court." He says with a wave to Sonnie. He couldn't remember if he had introduced himself or not at the coronation, and Sonnie looked a bit different from his passing by at the ceremony.

9. Likes , , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arrivals trickle in, that was welcome. Hopefully nobody had gotten lost, what with the chalk marks and all. Sonja Wu, bright and somewhat equipped for the 'terrible dangers' of the tunnels.

"Ya better hope doody ain't back Sonny," Circe smirks as her eyes dart to the north entrance. That'd be shitty. "That is the Summer code fer a gunship. If ya have one, gimme."

Anatole arrives well armed for overkilling vermin.

"Old and reliable Anatole, should work a treat," she assures the Autumn, "Briefing when more," and there was Leonard arrivng as if for a jaunt in the mountains, "Arrive. Leonard. Welcome aboard. Was there anyone else? Ah," Then there was Kane dressed casaul as well. Nobody would stand out, much, in mundy circles, "And we've arms and armor for the foes of the tunnels for ya, my good Crimson Knight," Kane gets a smile of approval from her queen as she waves towards the pile of supplies on display. "Anybody wants ta kit up, take yer pick. But," she looks at Sonja, "One radio and helmet each. That is fer safety, and calling down overkill if needed. Also, don't put the chem lights in yer mouth Sonja," she gives her a pointed look, ears flat to her skull. "The lamp helmets will do the job much better, prevent low ceiling headaches too."

"Now then," Circe heads to the table and flips something off the side facing towards the Lost. It is a sheet of paper with a map of the tunnels.

"We're here," points to the G. "As ya can see, we got two tunnels ta the North and East," she points to each respectively, "That ain't been fully explored. If enough folks had shown up, I'd consider being radio," she slaps the radio setup on the table, "Between the two. Come running with the 12 gauge if ya ran inta something serious. More serious than what has been found," she looks back to the Western entrance with sigh, "Not sure if ya want ta still do that. Marching two by two out inta different darkness?" Circe shakes her head, "Well, this ain't the Hedge. I will list off that which has attacked past expeditions now. Ahem," Circe clears her throat loudly, "In order of least ta most injuries."

She coughs loudly. "Rats. Sewage. Gila Monsters. Gaps. Stairs. See? Not the Hedge. Snake gaiters protect from any fauna biting yer legs fer sure. Questions be asking now."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

11. Likes , liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Hello, hello, hello!" The simian Beast greeted Anatole, Leonard and Kane as they arrived, using the walkie-talkie.

She looked at Circe, eyebrows raised, "Gunship? I don't think the tunnels are that big, are they?"

Turning her attention back to the menfolk, she looked them over. Anatole she was already long familiar with. The other two were new.

Leonard... had she seen him before? Something was ringing a bell, but her Swiss Cheese memory was getting in the way. Oh well.

Kane, meanwhile, greeted her formerly, so she responded by saluting again, "Sonja Wu, Claviger of the Spring Court! Also possibly a millionaire if that Nigerian prince comes through like he promised in his email!" Wait, what?

Circe started giving her presentation or whatever, so the Beast paid attention. Mostly. Her hands idly played with the walkie-talkie, but at least she was being quiet for now. At the Summer Queen's warning, she looked at the chem lights, then huffed indignantly. "Please, I'm not a child. Also, don't make them look like candy, then." Great, now she was wondering what they tasted like. Good job, Circe!

In any case, Sonnie clipped the walkie-talkie to her waistband and picked up a helmet. After flipping it over a couple times, she plopped it on her head. "Do I look cool now?"

Wait, there were gila monsters? Awesome.

She peered at the map, "So, I vote we stick together unless more show up. Shall we go to the right? What direction is that?"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

13. Likes , liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

A faint smile penetrated through the effusive curls of his beard when the Chatelaine appeared.

"Leonard. Welcome."

Kane receives a measured, respectful nod. Circe had tapped her Court for this one as well, it seemed.

Anatole matches Circe's movement to the table and runs his fingers, thoughtfully, through his beard as the Sovereign explains. Barely waiting for the Crimson Queen to finish, he stabs a fat finger at the position 'east' of 'G'.

"Let's go east. If I'm reading this right and 'P' is to our north, I'd rather not go exploring and find our exit has suddenly got cut off. We need to secure this spot first."

He coughed to stifle a chuckle when Sonnie responded.

"Yes. Very... cool. Why do I get the feeling we will look like some sort of space faring army exploring lost ruins? Anyway! I concur with Sargeant Sonnie here - lets stick together. That will be safer and we'll have numbers if we come across these... Gila Monsters?"

He raised an eyebrow and looked expectantly at Circe.

"Oh - Sonnie here looks like she is dressed for battle; so am I. I have a rudimentary grasp of the Stone Contract and have more than few dirty Goblin tricks up my sleeve. Mind if I ask what tricks you are bringing with you?"

He looked over at @Leonard Kinglsey and Kane Harlow

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Social Chameleon
    (Good Talker)
    Mantle
    (Cool breeze)
    Leonard Kingsley

Social Chameleon 2
    Striking Looks 2

()Hunter Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Leonard would listen at the instructions and would walk over and grab a walkie talkie and a helmet before pondering and saying.

"I say we go east, if we head north it could lead somewhere but it could lead to another entrance, at least that is what makes sense from this map."

Leonard would chuckle at Sonnie, she was very charming. He would straighten himself up and as he tried to reorganize himself.

"I believe we should stick together as well, however if we have the firepower we could split up, but as it is we should maybe stick to one path."

Leonard would sigh and say "I will say I have the Animation Contract, so if you find anything you want to know who last used and was here and how certain things are used, I will be a great help in mysteries or if you need me to I can see if certain weapons or items are particularly damaged."

Leonard wasn't gonna lie and go off on his own, he also wanted to know what was going on here.
    Striking Looks 2

16. Likes , liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Maybe fer an RC gunship," she jokes back at Sonja's question. Circe could figure out how to put fireworks on them...Mostly because kaiju film documentaries. THen Sonja's indignant response to her warning throws her for a loop. "How does it look like, never mind never mind," she shakes her head. She moves aside when Anatole takes an interest in the map, giving him space. "Too cool fer school ya are."

"P is for that cesspool I had capped," she clarifies as she was really the engineer for that project. Then defensively adding, "It hasn't leaked. We'd smell if it had."

"Yes, gila monster. Once," she assures them all as she picks up the catch pole and uses it to tap the snake gaiters, "These shut it down. Couldn't get through it. And this," she smacks her silicone rubber clad thigh, "Probably does too. My tricks are over armored," she waves to herself, "Overkill," she points to the shotgun and then pulls out her Colt. Which has a suppressor on it, "And only have earplugs fer myself if we NEED the shotty. Sorry fer yer ears. Also I can give myself bark skin or claws if I want. Hmm," she looks at the shotgun, "Should get another bayonet rung."

The Contracts had potential, more combat then her technically. As for the accusation of damaged equipment, "Leonard my dude," she laughs, "I have my own shit well maintained. The tools are just solid objects. Though if we find something, yer our Sherlock."

"Well, if yer not splitting up, then I don't need ta man the damn radio," Circe's tone is elated and she is all smiles. The Summer Queen hefts up the shotgun and shoulders its strap. Then grabs her own helmet, a walkie, and the catch pole.

"So we're planning ta head east are we?" Circe tests the head lamp, it is working.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread