Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

Anatole winces slightly as he opens the window and the rapidly cooling evening air muscles its way into the kitchen. The air moves as a gust, ruffling his effusive curls and the lace curtains of the old boarding house, whose more public rooms have long been turned into a childish ghost house. The kitchen area is not for the public, and would disappoint them in any case: it is homely, rather than horrific - old wood and lace, a relic of the original Edna who was a previous ruler of the Autumn Court. None of the Autumn Sovereigns, nor Anatole himself, have changed the decor.

The Ash is a Court of the home and the hearth, as much as it is of horror and dread.

The cleansing air blows again, taking away the faint smell of hot metal and sweat that has clung to the Wizened Smith since his return from the Hedge. The deep shadows still cluster and lean in toward him and still pool under his feet; the scent and the occasional dim ring of metal, like a hammer beating against an anvil, is new. The Paladin of Shadow's mantle has grown stronger.

He runs fat fingers through his long beard, lip popping into a small snarl for a moment. Turning he returns to his tasks: boiling a kettle and laying out dishes, cups, milk, sugar, honey, scones, bread and butter. The hot water he pours into tea pot, protected against the cold with a knitted tea-cosy.

Perhaps the Chatelaine @Leonard Kinglsey Leham will spy the light glowing from Edna's boarding house and investigate. Perhaps the Wyrd will tug and draw the two Courtier's together. Perhaps someone else will turn up altogether. Thats the thing about being Lost - when you set up something you never know who will turn up with an invitation.

2. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Social Chameleon
    (Good Talker)
    Mantle
    (Cool breeze)
    Leonard Kingsley

Social Chameleon 2
    Striking Looks 2

+1
    SL
    PRE

Leonard would wander Funderland, doing his best to get a feel for the place, he hadn't seen Anatole since the coronation and wanted to talk to his fellow Autumn.

He would walk and start to smell the tea that was being made, Leonard always enjoyed good food and tea and would follow his nose until he would find himself at Edna's, strangely enough he never been inside this place yet. Perhaps because he wanted to make a good impression, perhaps fear, nobody is quite sure, but at this moment he gathered his courage and strolled on in.

Leonard would feel the smell, but his eyes would look around the kitchen, perhaps because of his butler experience he wanted to start cleaning the place, or perhaps he just loved a clean kitchen, he would give a slight wince but kept it under control, he would look around to see if anyone was there.

He was relieved to see his fellow Ashen Court and would walk over in perfectly sync manner. "Hello there Anatole" He would give a very precise bow and a smile knowing that he had some company in this very scary place...well scary for a butler that is.
    Striking Looks 2

4. Likes liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

Anatole raises his eyes the moment he finishes laying the table - a dangerous look as the Chatelain's footsteps are unfamiliar. Almost as quickly, the burned dwarf smiles his grandfatherly smile and makes a welcoming gesture.

"Leonard? Leonard! Welcome! Very glad you've come. Please, sit with me."

Another gesture, this one encompassing the house in which they stand.

"This is Edna's Boarding House. Edna was an Ogre and an Autumn Sovereign of this Freehold... Way back. Back before Funderland. Her house had a bad reputation - nothing to do with her - and it was only the Lost who would board here. When the Freehold was rebuilt around Funderland, her house was moved and rechristened as a haunted house for... play."

"Our Court has a Hollow in the cellar but it doesn't have much in it. Not anymore. Still, the space is yours as much as it is mine. I'll show it you later."

"We met briefly at the Spring Coronation. As you see, I am a Smith of the Wizened Seeming. I am also of the Ash... Paladin of Shadows. Alas, our Dread Lord has departed, so we are the only representatives of our Court at present. Might as well get to know each other a little better."

Depending on Leonard's reactions, Anatole will start pouring the tea and handing over treats for their repast. He keeps the grandfatherly smile on his face the whole time.

6. Likes , liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Social Chameleon
    (Good Talker)
    Mantle
    (Cool breeze)
    Leonard Kingsley

Social Chameleon 2
    Striking Looks 2

+1
    SL
    PRE

Leonard could see the unusual warmth, was it like the warmth of the tea or just Anatole kindness, that is something Leonard would have to ponder on.

"Been trying to socialize with a few people in the Summer Court that are also new like me, just to show I can talk. Parties always make me go into a butler mode" Leonard would listen to him talk about the boarding house, his body would unconsciously start to look around to familiarize himself with the kitchen, trying to be polite but also keep his eyes on cups and the like.

At the mention of the Hollow, Leonard would give a respectful bow. "Thank you for the kindness, I would gladly have a place to stay, been kinda living haphazardly for a bit, but at least I can keep all my clothes clean"

Leonard would frown at the Dread Lord but would do his best to regain a bit of composure "I am a Chatelaine of the Ash, maybe you can say I am a scary butler... Leonard laughed a little to himself, even if nobody found it funny at least he did.

Leonard would sit down very rigged like as he smelled the tea, he would catch himself do this and say to Anatole "Ah forgive me, years of acting like a butler makes me unaccustomed to the normal ways of sitting and relaxing, I am doing my best to break these habits"

Leonard would say matter of fact like "I will ask about the Dread Lord later, since I don't know to much of local monarch's... Leonard paused for a moment "Please feel free to ask any questions you may have and I will also ask questions, since we are getting to know each other."

Leonard thinks that Anatole reminds him of someone but he can't quite remember...
    Striking Looks 2

8. Likes liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

Anatole settled into his seat, staring openly across the table. His calm face with the grandfatherly smile did not break, not even when the Chetelaine began to shrink back into the form his Durance had accustomed him to. A regular mortal would surely have made mention of the jerky, rigged movements.

"I am not one for the small talk, either. No need to apologise - the Gentry bent us to their whim before we escaped. No amount of time will heal that: our Durance is sunk deep into our bones and our souls. You do what you must, as you must."

He tugged on his beard.

"I am sure we can find some appropriate costume, should you wish to reside in the Hollow until you find a place of your own. We don't have many ammenities, however - just so you are aware. But yes, it should be fine for you to shelter there in the mean time."

He reached over and snatched a scone and some butter, keeping eye contact with the other Wizened as he continued to speak. After he buttered the scone, he let a pause develop - he was wrestling with his own fears as well before continuing.

"You speaks of years as a butler. How long was your Durance, may I ask. Mine was for many years - a full lifetime, I think. I was chained to an anvil and worked tirelessly forging arms and armour for the Gentry's armies. I had hoped never to touch a smith's hammer again... but the Wyrd has a way of bringing you back to... yourself."

A sudden frown soured the dwarf's countenance. He blinked, smiled sadly and looked back at Leonard.

"I will be glad for your assistance when the Autumn comes, if you don't mind being a Chatelaine once again."

He took a bite of his scone, chewed.

"I am not a native of this Freehold. I came here by chance, like so many. I escaped the hedge and emerged elsewhere, in a small Freehold somewhat larger than this one. But I didn't quite fit in and never felt like I belonged, despite the hospitality that was offered me. I was quite down on my luck when I arrived here: I'd had spent almost my last dime on the bus ticket and had no choice but to stay."

10. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Social Chameleon
    (Good Talker)
    Mantle
    (Cool breeze)
    Leonard Kingsley

Social Chameleon 2
    Striking Looks 2

+1
    SL
    PRE

Leonard would give a respectful bow as almost it has been done probably a few thousand times, very methodical on how it is done.

"I appreciate your kindness, I am doing my best to cook if you ever want someone else to do the cooking around here, maybe clean it up"

His butler side and his pride kinda jumped the gun there and he quickly became quiet at the question before answering it.

"It feels like a lifetime, but it was about fourteen years, fourteen years getting humbled beyond measure....I learned desire can lead you to very horrible places....being a butler is easy, being treated like I exist. That I will have to get used to."

Leonard would give a sad smile back, and give a simple nod.

"Of course I will help you out, Ash to Ash as the old saying goes"

Leonard would chuckle at the saying, was it even funny? Probably not, but it a bit of laughter always lightened the mood. Leonard would get some tea and sip it carefully.

"I was at a Freehold not far from here, heard tale of a Legendary Wyrdstone, plus my Fetch is near Sacramento or will be at some point soon... don't worry I don't plan on doing anything crazy, he just travels a lot."

Leonard face when he said 'travels a lot' showed both regret and peace right after each other when he mentioned it.
    Striking Looks 2

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

Anatole was watching the other Wizened intently, observing the correctness and precision of each movement the handsome Chatelaine performed.

"Value as a person? Yes... A hard skill to loose and an even more difficult one to regain once it is lost."

He munched on his scone. A bushy eyebrow rose delicately as Leonard continued.

"Your Fetch? You keep tabs on it? I mean... well... I keep a discrete eye on mine as well; but does your interest go further? What does this Fetch of yours do, if I may ask?"

Anatole had to ask.

He laid down the savaged remnant of his scone and picked up his tea, sipping quietly.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Social Chameleon
    (Good Talker)
    Mantle
    (Cool breeze)
    Leonard Kingsley

Social Chameleon 2
    Striking Looks 2

+1
    SL
    PRE

Leonard would keep his eyes on Anatole and give a somewhat sad smile.

"Would rather not lose things anymore"

As Anatole asked his question, a strange sense of both relief and panic at the same time would well up inside his stomach, his inner voice would say Don't

But something made Leonard want to tell him. "My Fetch leads a group called 'Lions Children' and it is a.... religious organization. I want to make sure it isn't doing anything. Seems more charity than anything. Can't be to careful

Whether it was because some finally asked, or it was a sense of putting all your cards on the table.

Leonard would pick up a scone and place some honey on it very neatly with a dash of sugar, he loved the sweet sugar.
    Striking Looks 2

14. Likes liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

Now that was a surprise. Anatole's brow furrowed and he scratched absently at his beard.

2 successes

"I see. Interesting. My Fetch is involved in trust funds and the like. I totally agree - you can't be too careful when those things have positions of authority."

He took another sip of tea before placing the cup back on the table.

"Do you have any plans? If you wanted to investigate the Wyrdstone you would need to contact the other Sovereigns and probably do some things to earn their trust. I can tell you that the Wyrdstone is a ... gift ... from the Hedge. We don't know why, but for some reason Oaths and Pledges don't always 'take' in these parts. Especially the larger Pledges that bind a Freehold together. The stone acts as a surety of sorts."

"I am afraid our Court is rather poor when it comes to mystical lore."

He spread his hands, best to be up front. The Dread Lord's disappearance had obliterated the library - indeed much of the who Court Hollow.

"But I am will to share if I find anything. We find ourselves in a phase of rebuilding. But perhaps this is an opportunity to be a different sort of Court?"

He left the question open as he eyed the Chatelaine again.

16. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Social Chameleon
    (Good Talker)
    Mantle
    (Cool breeze)
    Leonard Kingsley

Social Chameleon 2
    Striking Looks 2

+1
    SL
    PRE

Leonard would nod and listen intently at the smith, everyone's fetch would live there lives, he wondered if they thought about there lives or if they just are just unthinking pawns, but that was a thought for another day.

Leonard would put his index finger and his thumb to his chin. [color=yellow] "As far as the Wyrdstone is concerned, I do want to know more about it, I personally just felt drawn to it's presence...though that could also be very bad considering that was how I was taken by my keeper."[color=yellow]

Leonard would sigh a bit and lean back, as if he was trying to untrain himself from being so rigged. "Honestly my plans are to perhaps start helping those around me, last freehold was very chaotic...not in a bad way but it felt like everyone fought for there personal vendetta's. I may try to open a diner or something if that affect."

Leonard would ponder at the question, giving a good bite out of his scone he would say. "Well Autumn is the season of decay and of Halloween, a ripe time for fear....but when I think of Autumn, I think of a good harvest of comfort a Court of Harvest as well as Decay. We can always be a Court of Comfort and Fear."
    Striking Looks 2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread