Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

On the road again

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Presence
    (Farmboy Charm)
    Striking Looks
    (Ruggedly Handsome)
    Giant
    (7'2")
    Strength
    (Lean and wiry)
    Hidden Life
    Jasper

Mien
    The real side of Jasper looks very similar, tall and lanky with a lithe build. The glaring difference is his head: a large shaggy head of what looks like an Irish Wolfhound rests on his shoulders. A pair of expressive green eyes and alert ears give him an alert and kind look to his features. He still has that same rugged good looks about him, despite the blocky canid snout he has. His leather jacket looks very well made and hangs on his lanky form almost like a second skin, the furred interior looking soft and blacker than the night.

Mantle
    The light floral scent of honeysuckle with the slight tang of musk beneath it, like a good sweat earned after a roll beneath the sheets.
    Jasper Scenes
      Wyrdstone

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coyote

Jasper flips open his cell phone again and checks the time again. It's early afternoon and he's parked in parking lot outside of one of the malls. There he waits for his two friends to show up. They had agreed to meet up at 2 to get on the road. The motley of friends had heard word about the freehold in Sacramento needing a bit more help, a bit more muscle, a bit more bodies as it were. It's fitting that this is the day they would leave LA as it's the day they need to re-swear their motley pledge.

The lanky Beast leans against the side of his van. "The buses must be running late," he thinks to himself as he waits.
    Beast: Coyote | Wyrd 3 | SL2 (Ruggedly Handsome) | Mantle: Floral Musk | Giant | Thick Irish Accent

Presence
    (Imposing)
    Manipulation
    Intimidation
    (LOUD!)
    Mara

Mara is about 5’10” and skinny. She has big dark eyes, a wide face and a crazy smile. Her hair is copper blonde and curly, and usually unkempt. She's always wearing a purple hoodie. Her general hygiene is not the greatest, and she's most often covered in bruises and various injuries.

Her Mien reveals a sickly skin covered in terrible scars that will never fade. Most notably are her wicked sharp teeth that protrude from her terrible smile.

PRE

Gristlegrinder

A truck slows down to a stop nearby and Mara opens the door from the passenger side "Thanks Dave, this is just perfect. I can even see my friend right there!" She jumps down to the ground and grins back at the driver, holding her baseball bat behind her neck as she listens to him for a second. She laughs and shuts the door, waving at him before heading over towards the beat-up van. She swings her bat at the back tire to bump it before heading for the passenger door and peeking in "Hi! You look like shit!" She beams.
    Mara, Ogre: Gristlegrinder. Courtless.

Presence
    (Farmboy Charm)
    Striking Looks
    (Ruggedly Handsome)
    Giant
    (7'2")
    Strength
    (Lean and wiry)
    Hidden Life
    Jasper

Mien
    The real side of Jasper looks very similar, tall and lanky with a lithe build. The glaring difference is his head: a large shaggy head of what looks like an Irish Wolfhound rests on his shoulders. A pair of expressive green eyes and alert ears give him an alert and kind look to his features. He still has that same rugged good looks about him, despite the blocky canid snout he has. His leather jacket looks very well made and hangs on his lanky form almost like a second skin, the furred interior looking soft and blacker than the night.

Mantle
    The light floral scent of honeysuckle with the slight tang of musk beneath it, like a good sweat earned after a roll beneath the sheets.
    Jasper Scenes
      Wyrdstone

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coyote

Jasper jumps slightly at the bump to the tire and looks back behind him, through the two windows. A grin splits his lips as he looks at the Ogre, reaching up to give a scratch to the side of his face. "Oi! De feeleng's mutual!"

He pushes off the van and moves to walk around the front of it. He lazes a hand along the hood as he circles. "Took you long enough to get 'ere. Get up to any trouble? Any whrd from Fleck?" he asks, his thick accent something he's not been trying to get rid of.
    Beast: Coyote | Wyrd 3 | SL2 (Ruggedly Handsome) | Mantle: Floral Musk | Giant | Thick Irish Accent

Flicker, or Flick
    Striking Looks
    (Quiet Beauty)
    Flickerwhisp

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lurker Fireheart

A large black umbrella makes its way over to the van, bobbing along almost hurriedly in the sun. When it joins the other two a very grumpy darkling peeks out from under it, also in a hoodie to protect from accursed day star.

Flickerwhisp frowns up at the large man even as he sidles up to him in his personal space "Bright outside. Garage would have been nicer"

Presence
    (Imposing)
    Manipulation
    Intimidation
    (LOUD!)
    Mara

Mara is about 5’10” and skinny. She has big dark eyes, a wide face and a crazy smile. Her hair is copper blonde and curly, and usually unkempt. She's always wearing a purple hoodie. Her general hygiene is not the greatest, and she's most often covered in bruises and various injuries.

Her Mien reveals a sickly skin covered in terrible scars that will never fade. Most notably are her wicked sharp teeth that protrude from her terrible smile.

PRE

Gristlegrinder

Mara smirks "I think the word from Flick is that it's bright outside. But honestly... When isn't it, according to him." She giggles. "I'm calling shotgun!"

Presence
    (Farmboy Charm)
    Striking Looks
    (Ruggedly Handsome)
    Giant
    (7'2")
    Strength
    (Lean and wiry)
    Hidden Life
    Jasper

Mien

Mantle
    Jasper Scenes
      Wyrdstone

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coyote

The large Beast gives a wave over to the Darkling when he sees him approaching and he nods in response, "It might 'av been nicer, yeah, but it wud 'av been a wagon if de auld lassy 'ad gotten stuk in dare. Best not ter press our luk."

Jasper gives a shrug of his mighty shoulders before he pops open the side door to the van for Flick to climb up in. "Oi already grabbed us sum grub an' drinks for de ride. Let's git crackin'. When we get dare, it shud be dark at laest."

Flicker, or Flick
    Striking Looks
    (Quiet Beauty)
    Flickerwhisp

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lurker Fireheart

Flick very quickly hops into the back of the van, finding the shadiest corner of the interior. The little darkling slips under the blanket on the mattress they'd shoved in the back finally comfortably dark and warm.

When he's in his safe place he finally smiles at Mara. "Hi... Your teeth are still scary. I like it"

0 Scenes

Just a couple notes!

When you're speaking, you need to have a dialogue colour, http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Rules#Posting a lot of people skim read posts, and if they can't pick out the speech colour they'll assume your character isn't speaking.

And speaking of skim readers, Jasper's accent is a little strong. You can put a note in the sig and/or minisheet about the which accent it is. For in scene dialogue you can drop or add letters, just make sure it's readable on a first pass, instead of needing to reread the dialogue to understand it

Also, I would like a Presence Descriptor word included in your Minisheet

Flicker, or Flick
    Striking Looks
    (Quiet Beauty)
    Flickerwhisp

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lurker Fireheart

(The rules say can be colored. I only bring up this distinction because I post off of my phone and there's no toolbar to any changes to the font. I know the command for the italics but the font colors are tricky)

Presence
    (Imposing)
    Manipulation
    Intimidation
    (LOUD!)
    Mara

PRE

Gristlegrinder

Mara jumps in the van, passenger side, and puts the baseball bat between her legs before buckling up. She grins back at Flick, showing off her sharpest asset "Heyyy Thanks man. I like it too!" She waits for the giant of a man to get settled behind the wheel before poking him in the sides "So! I see you've fully given up on ever talking English? I mean, reeeaaal English." She laughs. "It's a good thing you have me around, Jasper, my man, or I think you'd forget you're in America now!"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread