Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Books pick-up

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

"Etsy? Nope, I can't said I have heard of it." Corn replied to Belle . "The idea of selling some originals really sits wrong with me. I can certainly see the appeal in selling copies, I do believe we can make copies very quickly in fact. The issue is that some of those copies would be able to be traced back to us. But I am not saying no, I am saying we need to think about it a bit more. It certainly has merit as an idea. As for computers, if we get a crappy computer, even a busted one and a good computer, I am sure we can end up with two computers, so similar, that you would think they are duplicates of each other.
    And then, we can return the first one... But perhaps we should speak more about those things in the car. Let's just say that as long as we have parts, we can make a lot of things work. Do you know where we can find busted computers? The ones people throw out?
    "
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru chewed on bacon and eggs as Belle tossed her idea to Corn, a quick raise of the brow as he looked between the two of them before putting the half a piece of bacon down. "Not sure she was talking about books specifically, just creative endeavors to raise funding. It's an idea but that kind of merch isn't really known to rake in the money." He picked up the piece of bacon, chewed on it and then looked back to Belle again. "You know I don't mind funding fruitful endeavors, if we need a computer I can buy us one. So there's really not a need to find a busted computer, besides anything in it is going to be out of date. Now if you want to find old electronics to strip of precious metals, there's actually some merit in that." Guru let anything that even had the connotation of magic go ignored while he ate breakfast in the confines of the diner with the fellow Mystagoges who were more comfortable walking the line than he appeared to be.

4. Likes BoxingUnicorn, liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle takes another sip of her coffee, going over the pros and cons Corn and Guru bring up. She's a bit annoyed that the discussion quickly goes to Matter: a subject she'd constantly struggled with. Oh well. Different strokes, I guess. She did have to admit the guys' suggestion was much more practical, dealing in parts and services. "Maybe some old tech resale places? You could find older, used items for cheap and then use them as a baseline to modify. I'm no expert..." Is she bitter? Maybe. "...but I know PCs can be built pretty much from the ground up with lost of customization options."

She digs into her pancakes, the rest of her breakfast dutifully finished. Daddy raised this girl right: dinner before desert. "Under the radar was my thought process..." She says mostly to Guru, in agreement. ​"Though I'll admit I'm more of a quality over substance kind of gal." She looks to Corn. "Though it sounds like you've got some good ideas on substance." She won't begrudge the others their strengths.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Insight to catch Belle's annoyance, with a -1 because he doesn't expect it.
    3 successes

Is Belle annoyed about our power over matter? She seems so.
    Corn thought, so like someone with two sisters and a wife he does the wise thing and sidesteps the thorny issue after throwing a bit of flattery.
    He takes a bite from his pancakes and takes a look at her shoes. "Maya, I love your shoes, did I tell you that? I think I will buy a similar pair for my sister's birthday."
    Hmmm... a bit too much, too fast he thought after the fact. He sounded a bit insincere, but experience has shown that compliments may work anyway.

Subterfuge to distract Belle; a failure. It is pretty easy to read for both Guru and Belle that Corn tried to change the subject and offer some flattery.
    failure

Finishing his plate and picking up the tab, and checking the usb with the library was still in place, Corn was ready to hit the road again.

7. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Belle catches Corn's eye at the comment on her shoes...

failure

Really, Corn? How childish do you think I am?
    She focuses hard on Corn and...

1 success

Maybe she was a bit childish, but the long car ride hadn't done wonders to the Warlock's already taxed patience. She takes her fork and flicks a tiny piece of remnant bacon at the Necromancer's face mid-chew, doing no damage but helping her vent. She smirks.
    "Thanks. I'm sure she'll love them."

She looks over to Guru, still luxuriating in her display of table violence. "Do you have someone special? I don't recall you mentioning anyone." Two could make the table awkward.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Corn's defense should have applied but no issues

Corn fails to deflect the missile from the childish warlock. With a grunt and a fake-stern look to Belle he said "Should I remind you who is paying for that bacon you throw at people's faces, Maya?"
    Then he turns to Guru interested in that answer...

10. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru chewed on a pile of eggs and toast as the two of them went back and forth. It was quite obvious at this point that until it escalated to a noticeable level he was caught up in his own little world, lost inside his head oblivious to others for the most part. He chewed long and slowly though as Corn reminded her he was paying for breakfast he couldn't help but smirk. "Be careful when she has an out there. Though, I'd eat the bacon out of spite now."

Guru didn't have much of a poker face either, Belle's question had clearly caught him off guard and he most obviously delayed by taking another bite, the unfortunate last bite, of his own meal before washing it down with some water. "Yes. But I'm not sure how much or what I'm at liberty to discuss in that matter. Going to respect their wishes whatever they might be and I don't want to assume. Also, don't want to fuck it up now. My history with commitment has been, spotty, at best. I've tended to pack my bags and run when things get hard; but, a lot has changed since then. I'm not the same person I was back then, at least I don't think so."

12. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Belle's temper subsides enough that she settles for a faux-grimace as Corn invokes his meal-ticket privileges. "Tell you what, you get a free shot next time we order. Just no avocado; that stuff's gross." She sighs; she hates lashing out at friends. Maybe not in the moment, but definitely after. "And seriously, I trust your taste when it comes to your family. I'm flattered." She offers a friendly smile as a truce offering.

Guru's response was what Belle had come to expect from Guru: detailed and rich with personal investment. Still, she couldn't help but take a moment to process it. Damn! He's really thought about this. "Wow...that's pretty cool. It's always good to know how you've changed and what you want for yourself. Kudos." She reaches across to give him a gentle pat on the shoulder. She's glad to be part of a group where the guys weren't afraid to navigate relationships honestly and with integrity. It made working with them easier and more fun. "Hope I wasn't using any buttons."

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Nothing more to add. Should we close this?

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread