Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2202) Parley around the Bireme

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Continued from (2202) Formal Court...

"Quite right,"
    the Haunt continued as if they had not stopped for even a moment, "perhaps we can meet at a later date and speak on philosophy when we have ample time to do so, Whip Northbridge."

Milton's next question was easy to answer. "Paintings, mostly. Nothing exceptionally impressive, but I always tend to purchase at least one piece when I have the time to attend a gallery."

The next big entrance was none other than the newly appointed Reeve herself, followed by not one, but two others. The Priest he had expected, but who was this new face? His question was answered by Quinn herself almost immediately.

Quinn's lingering eyes were not lost on him either.

An incredulous look was cast at Milton for his greeting to Quinn. Such blatant disrespect to a court official. Time to show him how it's done. Connor swept into a low bow; almost as low as the bows he's offered Twist in court before. It is held for 3 beats of the human heart before he rises. Another glance in Milton's direction. Had he picked up on where he went wrong?

His eyes locked on to the Alder Soldier as he spoke up; just loud enough for the man to hear. "Alder Soldier, could I borrow a moment of your time?"

While he waited for Quartermain to respond, he returned his attention to his Priscus, she had asked a question of him. "We've had a bit of a philosophical discussion tonight, Lady Notary, and my nights are as well as can be expected, thank you for asking."

Nods and greetings are reciprocated to all others who had acknowledged him, but chose not to speak at this current time.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer takes care to keep her own face a mask of polite interest, with no genuine emotion.

3 successes

Dark eyes tick between the two gentlemen, Whip O’Brien and Whip Northbridge. She genuinely was curious what the initial debate points were.
    Dark eyes tick to Whip O’Brien and his look to Whip Northbridge. Her eyes linger upon him for a moment.
    Jennifer’s head turns as she notices the entrance of Bellemy Salem. Jennifer gives a nod of recognition to her Family, as well as a sincere smile at seeing her.
    Slight nods to the coterie who presents themselves, a touch deeper for Simone. Her head tilts somewhat as she watches Vincenzo and Mr. Hoyle. She returns the nods to the gentlemen, tailored to how the Kindred were viewed in the city.
    Jennifer gives Helen a nod.

“Seneschal Jack,” Jennifer bends into a deep curtsy to show respect, a shade shallower than the Prince would receive.
    A stern glance towards Hierophant Wood. More tripping over titles.
    Brown eyes tick to the Prince, with a touch of empathy.

Jennifer looks to Dr. Baker.
    “Her Grace, the Prince, has created a Domain where every Covenant is on equal footing. There is no need for unpleasantness that other less privileged cities may experience. You are recently from Portland, Dr. Baker?” Jennifer inquired. “I spent some time in St. Louis in the mid 2000s through 2019.”
    Reeve Durant addresses those around the group.
    “Fair enough.” Jennifer responds to the Reeve. She may say more in private, based on the circumstances. “It is good that you are well.”
    Jennifer notes the raised eyebrow and soft smile. Jennifer’s casual observance of Alder Soldier Quartermain yields the address by Reeve Durant. Which Jennifer watches closely.
    Jennifer gives Mable Wood a second serious stare as she fumbles the Archon’s title. A slight shake of the head, her only sign of annoyance. Jennifer does not look around. She appears unconcerned over the late entry of the Archon. The Judex served as the Prince's Archon, and that was all Jennifer needed to know. Jennifer moves slightly with Whip O’Brien, where the group can continue to discuss if they wish.

"Very curious. It is good to see philospohical debates held with politeness." A sign that my proposed salon will be well recieved, she thought.
    A small nod as he acknowedged her politeness for inquiring after him. "I am glad to hear that, Whip. O'Brien."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Turning away from the political tableau of Court-at-Large, Milton picks up the thread as easily as the Whip of Haunts, "A fine idea, Whip O'Brien. I hope you don't mind if I hold you to it some night soon." On balance, Milton is still not entirely fond of O'Brien. But at least he can talk. That's a start.

Paintings? Milton has so many questions. Before he can ask any of them, Connor is signaling over Alder Soldier Quartermain.

Unblinking eyes flick to Priscus Hazelton, "Philosophical debate is a blood sport conducted in hushed tones and with all due decorum, Lady Notary." His smile remains fixed, but something about the way his eyebrows quirk (ever so slightly) telegraphs his humorous intent. "Thus it's enduring fascination. I, for one, indulge whenever possible." His thoughts also turning to her proposed Salon and his own feelings of...investment in the endeavor.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer glanced to Whip O'Brien for a moment. Autumn eyes look to Whip Northbridge.

"Paintings are quite an amusing turn to discuss. I would be quite interested to hear your favorite artist."

Autumnal eyes tick towards the Alder soldier R Quartermain , looking for him near the Reeve.
    Her lips tick slightly into a smile at the Whip Northbridge's remark. "Clearly, Whip Northbridge."

The smile stills as the Prince moves with the efficiency of a viper. Her eyes had just been on the Alder Soldier and now they linger on the Prince and Reeve.
    A more solemn Lady looks between the two Whips of their respective Clans, returning to the private conversation.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

At the Seneschal's arrival, the Whip of Haunts bows into the second most deep bow of the night and holds it for 4 beats of the human heart. After he rises, he watches the rest of the crowd with the slightest bit of interest, using most of his conscious thought to keep tabs on the conversation going on around him. His eyes tick to the Alder Soldier briefly as he converses with the Reeve which removes any duty from himself as a member of the First Estate, and he actively returns to the conversation no longer caring whether the Soldier joins them or not.

"Of course, Whip Northbridge, contact me any time and I'll do my best to pencil it into my schedule." The Haunt replies with a wide smile. He had no real thoughts on the Whip of Ventrue at the moment, but perhaps that will change soon.

His attention turns to Jennifer at her named interest in artists. "For collection pieces, I tend to prefer surrealism or abstract. Something akin to Salvador Dali or certain Da Vinci's, though I would never even begin to claim I have any of their works. Art holds a special place for those who might be looking for ways to minimize any tax requirements. Works of art purchased as long term investments are deductible after all."
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Monthly Avg. Vitae: 5
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Armor: 1/2
    Defense: 3
    Initiative: 8
    Speed: 9
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

The soldier glanced over at Connor, Hazelton, and Milton, giving a somewhat wry expression as the Prince approached the Reeve who was in conversation with him - he gave a respectful nod to the two whips, and a bit of a deeper one to Hazelton, clearly acknowledging Connor's request, but caught between demonstrating the respect due to them and not wishing to depart rudely from the Prince's all but palpable aura of dread.

After all, he mused, movement attracts predators. He only hoped he conveyed the thought fully with his body language and expression that he would be over as soon as he could reasonably and courteously exit his current conversation.

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

"Very good," Milton replies to Connor. An evening with the handsome, if menacing, Haunt could prove quite productive. Or dangerous. Or simply boring. Likely a combination of the three. In any event, Milton will be sure to schedule a rendezvous sometime soon.

He offers Jennifer a bemused smile. He and the Lady Notary have indulged in lengthy philosophical and aesthetic discussion in the past. Those were some of his most enjoyable evenings in the domain thus far. He's about to reply to that effect when the Prince descends upon Quinn.

The Lord watches the exchange of Prince and Reeve with quiet circumspection. It is not a development he'd expected, nor is it a welcome one. Watching one's ally dressed down by the apex predator of the domain does not inspire thoughts of a rosy future.

He notes Quartermain's...interesting dilemma. His eyes linger on the Alder Soldier for just a beat, indicating his awareness of the other Lord's delicate position.

When Connor speaks again, Milton tears his attention away from Quinn's...discussion. "Dali to Da Vinci? That's quite a span of interest." Though both are worthy of attention, Da Vinci more than Dali to Milton's mind. "When it comes to Surrealism, I've always been intrigued by Max Ernst's....constructions personally. Are you familiar with his work?" Asking both Connor and Jennifer.

So, a tax dodge? That makes sense. Or at least it conforms to Milton's expectations of the Haunt. "Quite right," Milton replies. "I've seen extensive collections meant only to accrue the tax benefit..."
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Salvador Dali has a good body of work, I believe?
    I have spent some time studying Georgia O'Keeffe’s work of late. I discovered interest in her from The Dinner Party, which is an installation artwork by feminist artist Judy Chicago.”

Her eyes move to Alder Soldier Quartermain briefly, acknowledging his respectful nod to her with a nod in turn. As her gaze was returning to the two gentlemen that she was conversing with, she follows Whip Northbridge’s gaze. She does not express emotion, returning her attention to the conversation.

“I am unfamiliar with Max Ernst. Is there a work by him that I may be familiar with?"

The Dinner Party
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Closed Thread