Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Dropping Bodies: Interrogation

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Dropping Bodies: Interrogation Round Two
Mar 18, 2022 - Apr 16, 2022
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

After finding out Jennifer was running late, Mable simply nodded. Mable was glad they would go over what they want first. That way she wouldn't blunder it...hopefully.

Looking at the cat then to the other two, "Are you folks able to find out if someone is in there?" She tapped her head then pointed to the cat. "If not, I could try something."

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

"I agree," Milton says, concurring with Quinn's priority. "I think the first order of business is to figure out whether we are dealing with a cat at all..." Or something else altogether.

To Mable now, "I do not possess that particular ability." Yet. Though it is in his Blood. The Lords are meant to control both Beast and Man. Perhaps Mable may provide some guidance on this front... For now, he resolves to watch her closely during this interaction.

"If the feline is...normal, could you perhaps persuade it to disclose who it is working for? Or at least where that individual is located?"

A pause.

"And if someone is 'in there,' I suppose we should start by trying to discern what that someone wants as a baseline for further...negotiations." The way Milton says that last word, it's obvious he's not interested in satisfying this creature's demands. He just wants to know what they're dealing with.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn thought about Mable's question a moment seriously. She had sensed something amiss with the cat creature when she used Aura Perception on it. It was the first thing she did. Quinn had thought perhaps it was a summoned creature of some sort bound by magic, but now what she saw in the aura began to make more sense.

"Yes and no." Quinn said honestly. "When I use aura perception on the cat, what I see is something being controlled as if the use of Dominate was in effect on the cat..." Quinn said and then smiled ever so slightly glancing to Milton. He would be stupid not to feel cautious with that response. Yes...Quinn could tell if someone acted under the urgings of Dominate.

"If I try to penetrate the mind, in theory I would be coming up against whatever is controlling it." Quinn let out a breath. "I would rather not do that unless we are sure what the hell we are getting into." She paused to consider.

"I can also scan it with what we Mehket call 'Arcane Sight.' It is a way of seeing the flow of magic, in case it is not being possessed by a Kindred at all, but something else."

"I want to know who its feeding and why. What purpose does it serve? Why target Kindred victims?"

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

blush, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

blush, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer arrives, parking her rented black sedan. She and Liam stride towards the back of the club. The Lady is walking with a confident stride, her lady - like presence unimpeded by the Asylum dress code. She wore a form fitted black body suit. A tailored leather outfit with high collar skirted sexy and fantasy. A flesh colored scarf was affixed with latex underneath the collar. Her hair was styled in three high layered buns, headware elaborate weaved and set atop of the style. Her makeup was dramatic and noticeable to fit the theme. Liam dressed in black leather BDSM style, small black eye mask. An open leather jacket completing the look. Jennifer moves downstairs to the back, Liam now a step behind her. Searching for the others.

5. Likes pisces liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

blush, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

blush, 

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Book keeping
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable thinks about what Quinn said. She knows she saw something...a crone power that ... she snaps her fingers....

"There is a power that some strong Crones can have. They can get a bunch of vitae from another creature no mater where the Crone is located." She stops and thinks about this, "I'm not sure if it's something that can be done on a cat or just another kindred. But it could be a similar power. And No, before anyone asks, I can not perform this little feat of thievery nor would I."

Mable heard someone coming and stopped talking.

8. Likes pisces liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Milton does not miss the import of Quinn's words. He catches her glance and holds it for a beat. Letting her know that he now knows.

Interesting. Dangerous. But useful information nonetheless.

He does not have much to add at this point. The animal will not be his area of focus. Angela is another matter, however.

So, he listens. Absorbs. Cataloguing the knowledge shared by Quinn and Mable: Arcane Sight, Crone witchery...

But then, like the Savage, he hears someone approaching the door. Turns to look. Hoping it is Jennifer and not an unexpected party.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

10. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

(Arcane Sight)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn listened to Mable a moment before answering. "Are you describing this power implying that whoever is controlling it might be using it on the cat?" She asked to clarify the meaning behind that interesting tid bit of Crone power she didn't have.

Milton was quiet, which was fine. And she knew she heard a car, which most likely meant it was Priscus Hazelton, and maybe Liam in tow, or not. You never know. Ghouls certainly could come in handy. Especially since they were waking up Angela. Fun fun fun.

Alright, well no time to waste, she guessed, and uncovered the cat cage. Watching it a few moments.

"Let me try to get a read on it with the sight and at least tick off a few possibilities. Though I doubt it will yield anything, might as well try everything."

When Jennifer joined them Quinn grinned and looked pointedly at Milton as if to say 'SEE?' No reason not to participate in themes.

Arcane sight 1 success Nature/Identity/Identification/Composition/Potency

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

blush, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

blush, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer strides into view, having followed the voices. As well as politely ignoring any snatches of words that she had heard. She had no intentions of jumping to false conclusions.

The autumn eyes move around the room for a moment, counting who was present. Searching for any Kine observers or guests. She is silent for a few mortal heartbeats, listening. After she heard only the faint music from above, and no human respiration betraying eavesdroppers, the Nosferatu Priscus continues.

"Madame Durant,"
    A deep bow that includes bowing of her shoulders. She and the Reeve were equals as far as attracting the Prince's goodwill. Jennifer was quite adament not to use masquerade breaching words in an area that she was unsure was completely clear. Jennifer would be clear about demonstrating respect that Reeve Durant had earned. Now there was a bit of a ballet dance. Madame Woods was a former Keeper, and quite long in the tooth in relation for braving the crucible of Sacramento. Yet Whip Northbridge had not endured a public faux pas of late.
    "Mr. Northbridge,' A full nod of respect to him. "Madame Wood." A slight nod to Madame Wood.
    Leather clad Liam waited a full step behind his regnant, silent. "Watch for observers." Jennifer bade quietly, and Liam turns and walks several feet away. He watches the way that they had come.

Jennifer remains quiet, listening. Quite certain she would know what was happening soon enough.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave a deep head bow, "Madame Hazelton." Mable realized when she had Liam go watch for listeners that she had not been as careful as she should have been. Excitement on sharing knowledge was no excuse.

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread