(Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Thank you for the recognition, Mr. Well, but no, I was speaking of the Seneschal. I was not more specific because I didn't know what he wanted shared and what he didn't. Upon wrapping up one of these investigations I am in though, I will be petitioning for the role of Soldier within the First Estate. Whether it is granted or not is up to Her Grace, Alder Duchess Twist. He pauses while Conner makes comments on his origins in America. "You could say that, I suppose. I have a Property Management company looking after my affairs, we are close to closing on another home to rent. If it is available should you ever need a Haven in New York, I will contact the company to inform them that you will be welcome to stay there."

"That is indeed an offer you couldn't refuse."
    He says, referring to Conner's Embrace.

"Her Grace, Prince Antinori has let slip that she is considering a candidate for Reeve, so perhaps deputy would be best once you get your affairs in order. I had planned to do the same at some point, there's no reason the Reeve can't have two deputies. On the matter of fighting, perhaps I can be of assistance, if you haven't surpassed my talents already."

Then back onto the subject of Mass. "Of course it interests me, Mr. Wells, or I would not have entertained the idea. I am a politician to a degree, but I find it best to tell the truth most times, much less likely to be caught up in a needless lie. I would suggest starting with your Masses at the Moore House. Securing on office here would most likely require earning the right of Tenancy, and from what I understand, it is a difficult right to secure."
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

"I see. That seems like a good choice, seeing how quickly things may change. And from what little I know about the Invictus, they do enjoy their secrets." He allows a brief smile just to let O'Brien know he's MOSTLY joking. His Sire had no great love for the First Estate, and part of that had bled into his upbringing. "I'll be interested to see how things go for your application as Soldier." He nods in gratitude to his offer of a possible place in New York. "I'll certainly keep that in mind." Somewhere for you to run when things turn sour? The Beast nags at him, and the Haunt's curse is beginning to edge away his patience by inches. But the Shadow wills himself to continue the conversation.

"I suppose two Deputies may be ideal, provided they aren't spread too thin with other responsibilities. As far as fighting, my training was primarily with arms; swords, bludgeons, and the like. I'm always looking for opportunities to learn more martial skills." Theban Sorcery was miraculous in its own right, but offered little in the way of combat.

The mention of Tenancy does peak his interest.
    "That is something I would look to have in the future. I understand the Lancea Sanctum has had a vagrant presence in Sacramento; I'd like to change that. Let people know the Covenant is here in a permanent sense." It would also mean opportunities to foster a Herd, which could be very important later on.

Conner briefly looks over the sparse population of Elysium, and then back to O'Brien.
    "I'll certainly look forward to seeing you at my first Mass, Mr. O'Brien. Now, as First Pastor of Sacramento I do have to ask..." He leans in just a bit, genuine curiosity etched over his features. "How may I pray for you?"

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor smiles in response, picking up on the minor joke about the Invictus' secrets. There was nothing the Haunt could say about it to be honest, because it was true. "Honestly, unless I announce it, you'd never know. He says, speaking on his intent to become a soldier for the Invictus. He notices the smallest amount of discomfort from the Pastor. "Ah, please, allow me to ease some of your discomfort." He says with a smile.

Slowly the presence of the haunt's beast fades, to the point where all that is left to worry about is his curse. For all intents and purposes, Mr. Connor O'Brien gives of the aura of the Kine. "I know it isn't a big thing, as you're using the gift already, but I've just learned to do it." He explains. "Don't tell Priscus Durant, I want it to be a surprise."

Then on to the conversation about Tenancy. "Yes, it's something I'm striving for as well. I have some business ideas, but without Tenancy I'll never be able to get them off of the ground." Especially since he'll have to build a second Herd entirely for the sake of the business.

"That is a fine philosophical question, Mr. Wells. I believe the teachings of the Sanctum to be nostalgic, reminiscent of the lives we lived as Kine. However, it raises the question on whether we still have souls to save." The haunt remarks, mostly to play devil's advocate rather than it being something he truly believes. "I like to hope we do, that some small part of us can still ascend to the heavens upon our final death, but I just don't know for sure." He drums his fingers together, his fingers steepled. "How can you pray for me?" The haunt asks, mostly to himself as he slightly inclines his head to indicate thought. "Perhaps you can pray that my hopes are correct, and that we will both get to see our families again when we finally shuffle off this mortal, or rather, quasi-mortal coil."
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

5. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

PRE

Conner feels a bit of spiritual pressure ease off, and he senses the familiar smoky influence of Obfuscation. One of the fortunate loopholes of Elysium. "I appreciate your concern, Mr. O'Brien. Not many of outside Clan Mekhet would consider that a worthwhile pursuit." There's a bit of confusion when he mentions wanting to surprise Quinn, but Conner settles for a shrug. "It's the kind of thing she'll notice eventually. I think we can both agree very little goes unnoticed when Priscus Durant is concerned." For a moment he wonders about his Blood Tie with Quinn. Aside from that initial moment in Court months ago they'd never really used it. If we're lucky, we'll never have to.

O'Brien's musings on the Kindred spiritual condition sparks something in the Shadow, and his eyes light up. "I'm glad to see your consideration on the matter. That's actually one of the first topics I'd like to cover in my informal meetings." Sunday school? Would that be too trivial a thing to call it? "But yes, I agree the answer is and should be more complex for us in our Requiems."

Conner is honestly, pleasantly surprised at O'Brien's request. He nods solemnly. "I'll add your name to my own prayers then, Mr. O'Brien." He stands, offering a handshake to the Haunt. "Thanks again for accepting my offer to meet. Was there anything else you'd like to discuss? I've got quite a bit to think about from this meeting." Some of which may wind up in my sermon notes.

I'm ready to close out whenever you are. Thanks for the fun Scene!

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor gives a nod of understanding at everything the Pastor brings up. "I believe that is all, Pastor Wells, and I thank you for including me in your prayers. I do have a gift for you up in the regular club area, I had assumed you would be hungry, having just returned. A member of my own herd waits for you, her name is Sarah, and she has been instructed to allow you to feed."

He pauses for a moment, watching Conner's expressions. "I know we got onto good terms tonight, Mr. Wells, and this is something that I would tell anyone so do not take it personally. I do NOT enjoy having my property broken, so please be careful with her." The threat was there, veiled, but still present. It was general, but something he felt needed saying anyway, though not necessarily because he was speaking to the Mekhet. "Beyond that, if you follow me, I will take you to her, and you will have her for the night. She has already received her payment, so don't let her con you out of anything." He then turns and works his way back up to the main club, collecting his weapons on the way.

I am too, if you would like to get one more post in, I will close out on my next one.
    The Vanishing:

8. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Combat Stats

PRE

Conner nods in thanks to Mr. O'Brien. A gift? He'd mentioned something about that in our earlier phone conversation...

The nature of the gift however, prompts an expression of surprise. He knew Herds to be valuable, not just as a sign of status but also survival. The fact that O'Brien was willing to extend this offer was either a sign of great respect or Quinn put him up to it... Either way, he wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth. O'Brien's terms and conditions are weathered for what they are; words to the world around rather than a personal slight. He'd been there, done that here. But the mention of 'personal property' draws a look of cold disappointment. "I appreciate the gesture, Mr. O'Brien. And you have my word that Sarah will not be mistreated." The use of the name is deliberate. He might not be able to forget what he is, but he can remember what he was.

With the meeting between Shadow and Haunt coming to a close, Conner follows O'Brien up into Nox proper. The night was young, and Conner was looking forward to prey without claws for once.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor makes the introductions between the Pastor and his Herd member, respectfully nodding to Conner before leaving him to his devices.

Thank you for the scene, it was fun
    The Vanishing:

11. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread