Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Dropping Bodies: The Prisoners

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC was not a couple’s counselor. Granted, IFS techniques were pretty easy to apply to multiparty disputes. It was internal family systems after all. However, that wasn’t why JC had not done couple’s therapy. It was because it stressed him out.

Yet at the same time, that was not why he wasn’t forcing these two to sit down and start using I statements. The truth was, at this point in his night, he didn’t really give a damn. Honestly, Edward ought to know better. Maybe Edward actually thought his actions in court were not able to be interpreted as they so easily were. While JC definitely thought that Heinrich believed he had done nothing wrong and by many measure he hadn’t, in Kindred society he had. If Edward was ignorant, he needed to wise up. If he wasn’t then he still needed to wise up. JC had had to leave domains for less and part of him resented the man for being given the chances the Gangrel had not. Another part felt sorry to see the struggles of the Beast manifest in this battle. Neither were enough to overcome his annoyance. He wasn’t going to solve this with keen therapeutic insight about clashing world views and ascribing motives to other people. He wasn’t going to try. Yet, a small part insisted that he at least give some advise. A warning at least.

“Mr. Heinrich,” JC’s voice was quite and nonjudgmental, yet at teh same time it wasn't his 'therapy' voice for those that had heard it. It wasn't invested enough in Heinrich's wellbeing “You have been asked by a member of the domain in good standing to either provide any information you might have regarding our investigation, which would be appreciated; to accept the terms Priscus Hazelton has given; and if you do not wish to do either to leave this haven. To do or say more beyond those actions will place you in violation of the Law regarding personal domain.”

There was a very slight smile, like JC had just thought of something funny. He kept steady eye contact to measure Edward's response. Maybe there would be a second Kindred to bring for the Prince to judge. Maybe he would have to beat down someone else tonight. Part of him wished the thought didn't bring him so much joy but another said he needed to take his jollies when he could.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

2. Likes , pisces, Ruach, liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn came back and leaned her shoulder into the wall standing, her gaze all for Mr. Heinrich. She didn't smile when she replied to Edward's call for Quinn to read his mind. "I'm your Huckleberry."

Don't make me go into that insipid place again!
    Yes, she wasn't excited for this. She'd do it for Jennifer though. "Just let me in Edward. I'll do the rest."

"Also, let me fill you in a bit on what happened tonight too, while I'm in there. You can see what I have seen tonight. What I experienced....after all turnabout is fair play, is it not?"

Quinn had wanted to say what was on her mind about what she had read since he first started this fallout with Jennifer. He needed to hear it, but also in fairness, she didn't really want anyone else to hear it either. She said a silent prayer that he would hear her tonight.

4. Likes liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

(-1 Vitae to Heal 1 Lethal)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Bookeeping

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

(Causing his fingers to bleed.)Vitae 1 Spent
    OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap assess the situation and decides it's going to do whatever it's going to do without him putting his two cents in just fine. At least it's unlikely to come to bloodshed right here and now.

He eases himself back down to sit beside the cat's cage and apparently idly inspects his finger tips, specifically the nail beds. After a moment of concentration, blood begins to seep out from around his nails on one hand.

He slowly moves his hand to be just out of reach of the cat, just outside its cage and stares intently at the cat to see if it gives any indication of having a taste or appetite for the liquid oozing from his fingers.

Jennifer Hazelton

The cat in the cat flicked it's tail in an annoyed manner. As Dirt Nap reached for the cage, the cat's bright eyes focused on Dirt Nap's hand. Alert as it came close. The cat's nose wrinkled and twitched as it sniffs a few inches from Dirt Nap's hand.
    The cat turns it's head away, glancing around for any other threats near the cage. The cat's ears move back as it looks to Dirt Nap's hand once again.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

When Jennifer went on, and on, and on. Shifting frames, shifting goalposts, slipping in little lies like he had never given his reason. But, what? Was he going to stand here and continue to defend himself? Go through some absurd little battle of endurance? Of course not. The situation was already lose-lose; why drag it out?

But the final statement tickled him. He laughed hard. "We agree Priscus! Even I don't care for my own opinion." Did she think that would hurt him? How amusing. I knew I was beyond saving long before I set foot in the Domain.

Edward's laugh cut off with a grimace and held up a hand to ward off JC's nearly condescending words. "There is no need for that, Mr. Smith. I will contact you tomorrow and relay my findings."

He turned to Quinn, "there is also no need for an appeal to fairness, if you wish to show me something I will observe. That being said, I have been asked to leave, and so I shall do just that. If you are willing to..." He searched for a word, "perform whatever abilities you plan on performing, either outside or in a car, then I will hold to my offer. Otherwise, should you wish it another date, I am at your disposal." Edward wasn't sure just what 'it' was, but that was normal given his total lack of occult knowledge.

"I bid you all a good evening."

As he left, Edward spared a glance at Dirt Nap, privately wondering why his fingers were bleeding, and what the meaning of the cat was. Edward decided it didn't matter. He would wait outside for Quinn if she had agreed, otherwise, he returned to his Haven.

11. Likes Ruach, pisces liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

NOS
    PRE

"Photographs are curious. Do they look genuine?" Jennifer inquires of JC.
    "You have made very good points, Mr. Smith." Jennifer is clear to detail her thoughts on JC's contributions to the discussion.
    Dark brown eyes tick over to Dirt Nap, curious what he is investigating.
    The Nosferatu looks to the Mekhet. She remains quiet, processing the Mekhet' priscus' statement and curious what she will do in the face of Edward's proposal. Jennifer picks up her favored occult tome on cryptids and resumes her seat in the sitting area. She had stated where her strength was in research. Although her dark brown eyes observe her guests with interest.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

13. Likes Ruach, pisces liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

Edward left without further engagement. While not opening his mind could be seen as damning, it was also fair for someone to want to keep such things private. Though him saying he would send information later was... annoying. It seemed the Daeva thought took his warning as more of a threat. Unfortunate but at the same time JC was just glad to have the drama end.

JC picked the pictures back up while Dirt Nap seemed to be trying to blood bond the cat. He wasn't a photoshop expert but he knew enough about observation to hopefully tell. Lighting changes or misaligned pixels.

4 successes
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

15. Likes Ruach, pisces, liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

(-1 Vitae to Heal 1 Lethal)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn nodded to Edward, and took stock of the situation as a whole. What was and was not yet accomplished here. Quinn looked to Jennifer. "Her Ladyship will be taking point on research on the creature. Dirt Nap, I want you to assist her Ladyship." Turning to look at J.C. "J.C and I will run down the leads we got from the poacher's body. He may need me to get past the velvet ropes in this city. I will take the body and the abyssal creature to the appropriate authorities for crimes against the domain, and possible interrogation can occur."

"Lady Notary Hazelton, do you have a large beach towel or throw blanket that I could use to cover this cage? I don't want it to know where it is going, or being held at." She said softly her gaze narrowing at the 'cat' in the cage. It gave her the fucking creeps. It reminded her of the whispers in the unnatural darkness, when she was embraced. After receiving a covering Quinn took pains to carefully wrap the cage, and left briefly into the garage to settle the cage on the backseat and carefully strap it in. With the body she dragged it into the garage and put it in the cargo hold with a bunch of present bags with frilly paper sticking out of it with random crap to help hide it should she get pulled over.

She pulled her cell phone to call Gabriele to alert that she was bringing them to the proper location and for Alessandra to be alerted to the development.

17. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer bid her guests goodbye. As Dirt Nap was at the door, she set up a time for him to return to her Haven tomorrow. Liam assisting the mekhet Priscus with the body and subterfuge in hiding it. Then he promptly was sent to the bedroom to rest. Once Jennifer saw the guests safely out into their Danse with enough time to safely reach their Havens, she locked up her Haven and departed, to pass the Daysleep in the Necropolis.
    The next evening, the investigation pair of Jennifer and Dirt Nap continued.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

19. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread