Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.
    Jacque Scenes
     blush, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Having heard the extent of details he felt he needed to, he began to wrap up the effort. There was but one minor detail to wrap up before releasing the trance.

"You remember the jarring feeling of reconnecting to your sense of vision, your consciousness. You're met with a soft smile from Jack, who coyly remarks, 'Well that was insightful, Quinn.' It could be just a slight disorientation from awaking from the trance, but paranoia creeps into your mind and you are compelled to ask a question- if nothing else just to confirm: 'Did you stay within the agreed upon boundaries?' You watch carefully, and listen for the many cues to measure his honesty and to your relief, his affirmation, a simple 'Yes' was as confident as you would expect and you neither saw nor heard any signs of dishonesty from the Ventrue."

Closing the trance with the false memory, he retained his soft smile while her mind processed the new memory and caught up to where they were at. There really wasn't much more to discuss on the matters. The Lord had the details he needed and knew what direction he wanted to go with it. Once seeing her come back to life, he remarked, "I can't help but feel I've done Sacramento a disservice by keeping you and that dress from a respectable work/life balance. If you had nothing else for me, we might be able to make it back for a couple of drinks, or last call at least." He glanced about the massive room before resting his eyes back on Quinn, "Alternatively, I happen to know someone with a big, empty ballroom we could crash- as long as you don't mind the lack of a crowd. I imagine there might just be a decanter stashed away somewhere in the building."

Blood Hunt:

2. Likes Ruach, pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn's gaze focused back on Jack's, and was a little surprised that it didn't feel like any time had passed. Even when she came out of the Chrysalis she could feel the marked passage of time. Not with this though. Interesting.

She smiled warmly to Jack at the compliment. He had subtly said a few, but this was not so subtle and it was not up for any interpretation that was other than an invitation to get to know one another socially. Typically Quinn ignored compliments from Kindred. Oh she paid lip service to them being given, but she never ever took them to heart or assumed they meant anything really. Asking for her time, was different. That was a high compliment. A genuine one.

"It was not a bar I was headed to tonight. It was a work shop to discuss philosophy and poetry in the beginning stages to write it ourselves." She shared the truth, unsure of what he would think.

"Why don't I share my piece that I brought and I will accept that drink right where we are."

And that's what they did. When they got settled with their drink Quinn read the quote she had brought. It said a lot about her, though Quinn didn't realize how well Jack knew her now. He knew her better than anyone in Sacramento. At least from a raw data perspective.

"'Compassion hurts. When you feel connected to everything, you also feel responsible for everything. And you cannot turn away. Your destiny is bound with the destinies of others. You must either learn to carry the Universe or by crushed by it. You must grow strong enough to love the world, yet empty enough to sit down at the same table with its worst horrors.' -Andrew Boyd"

4. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.
    Jacque Scenes
     blush, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Finding her counteroffer agreeable, Jacque left her briefly to retrieve a crystal decanter and two equally expensive looking rock glasses from an adjacent room.

By the time she finished reciting the quote the drinks were poured, and the Lord had a curious but interested look on his face. It took him back many decades, and considered the choice he made to walk the night and why... and the consequences that followed. He smiled, swirling his glass while still considering the words, "That is... quite powerful, Quinn." And so the Lord was hooked, and the two Kindred continued into the night discussing culture far larger than themselves, in a room too big for just the two of them.

Fade to black with booze and philosophy.... wonderful scene!

Blood Hunt:

6. Likes liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread