(Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"Everyone just wants to get in their own word, which I get, but when you don't know what you are talking about, you should just learn how to quiet and listen. But again, people need to get their word in. It bothers me even more when people can't stop reiterating a bad idea when it is going overboard." She sighs, "That is really the extent of my rant. It could be longer, but I'm not going to go deeper with it. We shall see what happens."

She takes a deep breath. The Huntsman. She barely knows anything about it, but then again, neither does anyone else. John saw it's worst fear, right? But the lore just isn't there. "We are going to create a viral video to rewrite the lore of a Huntsman. The idea is to create its end, like a fairy tale basically. I'm going to compose the music if/when Yamiyo can get the lore. We'll merge a bunch of elements together to make a video, costumes props and the like. Choreo. I'm nervous about it, but I know I can do it. Hopefully," she makes a kind of 'heh heh heh' sound and then another sigh.

"That's the basic gist anyway. John is brilliant at getting people to shut up and listen. I'd like to think I helped a little. Probably not." There is a reason he'll make a good King. You'd have made for a shit one if you can't even get others to listen to you. Again, too many Fairests and they all knew the leader of said Fairests is Sera. She doesn't want to be envious, Sera is so genuinely kind, but it is hard to to be so at times. At the same time, it will always nag her: How can someone be that kind? It'll be something she'll never be able to quite put to rest in her mind.

She continues making Gerrit's tea as a way to center and focus herself. She even makes herself a cup.

​Bringing the finished cup over to him, she says, "I don't know. It's magic that binds us like a pledge but isn't quite like a pledge, is it? I don't know enough about it, but I want to. I'm not saying it does anything we don't know about, but... I don't know, I can be a suspicious person at times." That was accurate in both senses.

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

He listened to Cassandra venting and nodded empathetically. "I hate to be all stereotypical about it, but I guess Winter is the only Court more prone to just listening and adding to it when we're sure about the quality of our input." With what little he knew of the other Lost: he could imagine a Sonnie and a Yamiyo derailing constructive discussions. "Thanks for sharing that with me - I hope it's taking a more agreeable course now."

He stopped what he was doing and focused on the plan. Changing the story of one of the Fae? That's either brilliant or doomed to fail, but either way there wasn't probably much to lose. "I'm sure you can do it. Even more so because I guess you'd want to prove them that its worth listening to you when it comes to music." He continued his work, but then added another thought of his. "Have you thought about the worst that could happen yet? You know, an contingency plan in case all the video does is attract attention?" He didn't want to rain on her parade, but it was the sensible thing to do.

He smiled at her when she put the cup down and blew on it to bring it to a drinkable temperature. "Yes, that's how I understood it. And I get your suspicion - this thing can tell if someone is an enemy to the Freehold, but at what conditions? Where does it draw the line between "ambitious" and "destructive", for instance? Maybe some of the older members know something about it, might be worth looking into."

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra nods, "It takes one silly comment to just completely derail a conversation." And again, John got them back on track. That was an attractive quality all on its own, not that that mattered to Cassandra. If she had a type, he wasn't it. Or, at least, she didn't think so. "The burden of Winter is often carried alone. Good thing we have each other," she shakes her head then, "I do need to do better about keeping my emotions to myself though. I used to be much better at calm."

She leans up against the counter, gazing over at her cello, "You'd think my playing would be enough. But then..." it is never enough. I'm never enough. She snaps herself out of it then, "John is helping me keep an eye on it, and another Winter to think on logistics like that wouldn't be horrible if you want to help John, likely. I feel the worst that could happen is we anger the Huntsman enough that it considers us a legitimate threat, which could go either way. We may need to face it eventually. But creating a bane that we can control? If we are careful, it may be worth it." Don't get yourself too involved, he would say. He'd always said that. Constantly. Such a Winter, but then, that's why his connection was stronger than hers, wasn't it?

She considers that a long moment, needing to face another one of those bastards. She doesn't mean to say it out loud, "Haven't we faced enough?"

Taking a sip of her tea, she nods, "It isn't that old. Sera, Rhodes, and... maybe Circe, acquired it from the hedge. It happened due to the seasons being broken, but I personally want to know more. I want to understand why it functions the way it does. Perhaps it is Autumn of me, but I want to know what makes it tick and if there are long term consequences, but you'd think they'd know by now."

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"Yes, it's indeed a blessing." Funny she would mention that - Gerrit felt the need to work on his poker face himself. "Maybe John could give us lessons in that. He seems to have it figured out."

He nodded again. He couldn't really see himself being an actual help in those videos and the situation screamed 'too many cooks' from what Cassandra told him, so he'd take a backseat there. "Seems like you've got that eventuality covered. Are the others working on that on the same page? We shouldn't be caught surprised if it came to it." Maybe he was worrying too much. Maybe the others aren't worrying enough. "Let me know how it goes once you're at it. I don't think I can add much to the operation - especially since John took the lead. Better not to disperse the attention away from one leader." Did that sound slightly bitter? He didn't think so.

"I get what you're saying. From what we can tell, the Lost here are particularly friendly and there isn't much conflict between them. It apparently hasn't failed in sorting out threats, if there ever had been any trying to get in. That's quite some calming information at least. We could ask around if anyone has studied it so far - or we could study it ourselves if there's time and opportunity." He couldn't imagine how one would go at this, but that's a bridge he'd cross once he came to it.

Gerrit finally started on his finishing touches. He actually worked better when he wasn't navigating minefields of his own baggage and Cassandra's worries. Huh.

6. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra shrugs on that one, "I'll let John have his specialty." there is perhaps a hint of mischief in her words, "I have my own." If she really tried, which she hadn't been lately, she could be the opposite Winter. The Winter who is disarmingly kind, but never gives you a straight answer or answers another question entirely. A whole different kind of liar - one who doesn't have to lie. Wouldn't help with lying to the Others, however. "But it can never hurt to have another who can lie properly."

She considers his question on whether or not people are on the same page. It takes her a moment, but she nods, "I believe we are, but perhaps the idea hasn't been taken seriously enough before it has been put into action. I get the feeling that some maybe don't take much seriously at all, but that's a story for another day." Here comes the rude portion of Cassandra - the one who can find the faults in anyone. She didn't want to think about it, to try and assign what she believed could be weaknesses.

"I just continue to hope the niceness isn't a façade..." She leaves it all at that and lets Gerrit focus. She recognizes the worries and such are keeping him from his work. She decides to give him some music to tune out to, playing a piece on her cello.

She practices a piece that is gentle, carefree, and romantic, the kind of piece you are instantly drawn to like a dance. The way the Artist plays is uncharacteristically beautiful for someone who should be a crafter, but instead is a master of their instrument. Her polychromatic coloring is bright, her skin almost seeming to glow with a beautiful, calm aura. She hadn't meant it to be so, but her performance is so delicate and beautiful that it is more likely to draw the entire attention of someone than it is to help them work. At the very least, she hoped her playing gave Gerrit that same carefree nature of the piece, calming any worry he might have.

Playing Cello - Exceptional

8. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"I'm sure you do." There was a painful smile on Gerrit's face, wondering if Cassandra knew how many wonderful and precious talents she had and what that meant to the people close to her. His hands having found a rhythm, moving on their own the Ogre thought about his talents. Keeping a cool head when there's a threat (although that worked better for threats coming from the outside), caring for others (sometimes to the detriment of himself) and if no one wants to step up he thought he was a good leader. He didn't want to flaunt anything though - he'd show what he was made of when the situation called for it and that had to be enough.

Gerrit almost asked what Court the people not taking it seriously belonged to, but stopped himself. It didn't really matter, and by process of elimination the answer was clear anyway. "I just hope that this won't come back to bite them. Or that someone watches over them that takes this seriously." Which meant probably John, her, and himself. "If there's anything I can help you with apart from that video thing, be sure to let me know."

Cassandra's worries about the niceness didn't need an answer. Gerrit hoped so too, but frankly he didn't feel the need to get along perfectly fine with everybody - when it came to friends quality, not quantity, mattered.
    He was just about to finish his work when he heard Cassandra play and yes, were he still crafting he'd be unable to glue a single bloom. The music carried a melancholy with it that perfectly summarized the evening: there was lamenting and solace, there was pain and joy, love unfound and love lost. Gerrit realized only after she was done that he shed the tears that had been building up hours ago. There was no hurt to it, no dramatic explosion of sorrow - they were the silent and burning tears of thankfulness and beauty. Nothing he could say would do the work of art Cassandra had so effortlessly produced justice, so he just sat there and enjoyed the echoes of the music.

Shenanigans forgot to link her piece - adding it with her permission.

10. Likes Shenanigans, liked this post

0 Scenes

Awesome scene guys!
    Just a heads up that y'all need to have this wrapped before the 21st so it'll be in Continuity before the Coronation/Solstice

12. Likes Shenanigans, Aeolus liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra lets that silence just hang in the air after she is done and... she feels. She just feels. It is overwhelming and yet calming all at once. She remembers the days when she felt absolutely nothing when she played and to have come to this now feels incredible. To be able to bring this much emotion into her music and make others feel what she is feeling is even more incredible.

She gazes up at Gerrit and there are tears in her own eyes. The tears are nearly freezing as they slowly roll down her cheeks and she just smiles, allowing the moment to just last as it is. With no cares for the quarrels of the world, to know nothing of them; and alone together, seeing all that tires, not to tire of each other, to feel that love, in the face of all that passes.

Silently, she cleans up, putting away her cello and then beginning on the materials. She loves the way that music still seems to hang in the air even long past the last note. This is the perfect silence - the kind of silence that is the beginning of something, not emptiness. After a long while, she lets out a slow, soft sigh, "How are you feeling? Do you need to use the couch?" Her voice is soft and gentle as she walks over to see the work he has done, though not being too snoopy.

14. Likes liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Seeing Cassandra beginning to clean up broke Gerrit's stillness. It was late, and the next few days would be busy enough. The effect of Cassandra's music was pushed to the back of his mind as new tasks took priority - although he tried to memorize the melody and the feelings it invoked to keep it in his heart.

He gathered the leftover materials and the trash he brought into her home and put it into his backpack. "I'm fine. I think I'll take the walk home instead, but thank you for the offer." Fine didn't really begin to describe how he felt, but he needed exactly that long walk home to sort his thoughts and emotions. Overall gratitude and the satisfaction of a job well done prevailed, but it beneath that many other things branched off of that, like roots of a tree.

He met Cassandra at his workstation and inspected what he'd done himself with fresh eyes. Pansies, violets and english primroses formed a base like a frozen ground or lake, kept mostly white and light blue speckled with dots of violet. "This empty spot is for the chrysanthemums you've suggested." He wanted to make that clear before she'd judge him on that. Protruding from that were some snowdrops, barren branches and a single lily, a lone mourner. Most of the flowers blended together well enough to make the taller additions stand out better and the whole thing didn't look at overloaded as he feared halfway in.

"Do you have a box or something I can use? I'll finish them at home and you don't have to worry about transporting everything on your own."
    While Cassandra got him something to carry the arrangements in he got dressed again and scored one last brownie for the way.

"Thanks for this." He wanted to say more, but she probably knew what he meant. Besides, sometimes the more you talked about things, the less they meant. "I'm really looking forward to the ball, I think we've hit it out of the park so far." His smile almost didn't hurt anymore - the scabs barely had time to harden again from all the smiling he did lately.

"Take care Cassandra. I'm glad I can call you my friend." With that said Gerrit made his way home through the chilly night, replaying bits of the evening in his head again and again until he could make sense of them.

Thanks for the scene!

16. Likes , Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"Okay, if you're sure," She says in response to his want to walk. He probably had some things to think through. She smiles as she gazes upon his creation, "You did a wonderful job. I look forward to seeing the addition of the chrysanthemums."

Everything moves so quickly from there, getting the box for Gerrit and listening to his goodbyes. His words gave her an amount of joy - the excitement for the ball and the happiness of being called a friend. "You be careful getting home. I'm glad to call you my friend too."

She walks him downstairs and waves as he departs and then walks back up to her apartment. She had lots of things to think on and of course, her mind goes back to John. I am an absolute idiot. Making Gerrit feel left out because I'm lonely and can't help but flirt with the nearest cute guy. John was cute. Almost exactly her type, if she had a type. She hated it.

My romantic side is trapping me, just like it has always done. I can be singular. I don't need that kind of companionship. And besides, I'm not even over it yet.
    Anything at this point would be a rebound, wouldn't it? Especially if she wanted someone who looked similar. And yet, it isn't like I'm ever going to be with him again... What is a rebound if there is nothing to go back to in the end? It will come back to his Keeper though. Not worth the chance of pain.

Then there is the simple fact that he wouldn't like me like that anyway.
    She knew that to be true and that made it easier. Damn it, Gerrit, why did you have to bring it up? She was tired of thinking about it. Tired of potentially romanticizing her friend in her head. Done. I just want it to be done and gone. Just let it die.

Hopefully she could. The health of their court might depend on it if she can't control this stupidity.

She shakes her head, sighs, and continues cleaning up before going to bed. Tomorrow would be another busy day.

Yes! Fantastic scene! Had so much fun

18. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread