Ended
Watch

Meeting the Sheriff

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    L
    Lina Moretti

"All right. There are times where Revelation is exactly what is required, by the way. That was a hypothetical." A social operator for high society. That worked. They had a social operator for the underworld already: her. "You're the guy I send into places that make sense to send a spy who went to Invictus School." With a distant smile, she stood up and headed to the boards. His last comment made her burst out laughing. "I... yeah. Okay. That's actually a qualification." Thirsty Daeva sent into those kinds of social situations sometimes missed the mark. Of course, there were times where that was what was needed, but...

The whiteboard pen ended up in her hand, and she tapped the board.

"Brief history lesson. Before I showed here, there was a Brood issue. That got blown away by Hunters. Multiple groups of them were floating around. We got them fighting amongst themselves and convinced that there was nothing left to find - and the most prolific of them got got by some criminals who intercepted an arms buy they were trying." The pen waved over the HUNTER whiteboard with a circle. "But because things can never be simple, we discovered a corporate conspiracy to tunnel under and take over Rosemont-Mather, one of the eastern Regencies in the Domain. They're producing poison that can kill Kindred, real dangerous shit. Infiltrations and investigations have occurred, but we've still got more to do. So far, we know that there is at probably at least one Kindred behind it - and a whole fuckload of influence. They've bought off the criminals. Probably the cops, too. Rosemont-Mather isn't safe, and it was about to get worse. Echelon was trying to buy super-powered government guns that had fallen into the hands of gangsters... but we took care of that. Finally, we know they've got an account at a bank, and we have the account number. We don't have the password, and we want it."

The Echelon whiteboard was busy as hell, like the Sheriff was reorganizing it based on new information and investigation results.

"There's a lawyer. We've got her bought and paid for on another case, and I need her to spill what she knows about Echelon. Like, perhaps, the password - or what she can tell us about a shadowy figure named Arnoud Geissen. I may give you a tryout on her, with the Harpy..."

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

Mister Meadows, Interpreter

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ellis nods in response to Lina's conclusions about him, and he follows her up off the sofa as she rises and goes to her boards to lay out some history.

It paints a picture. He considers it as he examines the whiteboard, following connections between information nodes. The story about Brood and Hunters was interesting as far as it went, he had no knowledge of the Brood, something he would make time to ask Lina about some other time, or perhaps Thomas. It term sounded like the kind of esoteric thing Thomas would have an opinion that he would love to be consulted about. Hunters he'd bring up with Lina in the future for more details. "I can work with Harpy Simmons," he says. "If she is willing to brief me on the particulars, I could pose as her assistant?" He throws the idea out there, expecting that he'd have to discuss it with Rebecca before anything was ironed out.

Still, something about what she had outlined seemed odd.

"Just the Rosemont-Mather Regency?"

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-16 13:23:07 Ellis Meadows rolls 5 to Make Sense of the Board Int + Inv (10 Again) 9, 1, 4, 5, 7 1 success

L
    Lina Moretti

"She doesn't know the particulars yet, but your head is in the right place. I need to have a conversation with her about it too, once she's got her current assignment on this issue done. I may join y'all as well. I just need to make sure we've got someone who can do memory shit involved. I want the lawyer to give it up and then not remember it, ideally. Keep it real copacetic after." She made a mental note to talk to Simmons about that. If the Priscus didn't have the capability, they'd need to bring someone in who did. If de Antonia remembered giving all that information up, it could potentially pose a problem.

You know, if she wasn't terrified of getting shot in the face by Antinori's men.

"For now, yeah. They've been tunneling. Construction sites, in a huge way. Why?"

Did you have a question about the board with that roll? No problem sharing whatever you want to know, I just haven't had a chance to update the IC board that I usually keep up for people yet - thus why Lina's board is a mess at the moment.

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

Just rolling to see if he could follow it!

"Well." He bites his lip as he considers his thoughts. "Everyone is supposed to be restricted to feeding in the communal grounds, unless given permission to feed by it's Regent. Otherwise they're poaching. So in practice, we probably don't go out into the regencies we don't have rights in except for a specific reason, just like the Rack." It might just be him, but why risk being mistaken for a Poacher if you didn't have a reason to wander around? "Since they don't have Regents, Rosemont-Mather, South Sacramento and Valencia would all be areas that you wouldn't have as much risk of a loyal member of the Domain building up influence in to stumble across an operation like this."

"So, if I'm not barking up the wrong tree, How does this Arnoud Geissen know where to set up shop where no one will accidentally find him?" Ellis glances over to the Sheriff, to see if she's following him, or if he's embarrassing himself. "Because I didn't know how the regencies were split up until I was acknowledged by Seneschal York."

"Does the Seneschal keep records of Kindred that are acknowledged, but who then leave the Domain?"

S
    Steven

Just to add a little bit here. You all have no way of knowing if they chose the Rosemont-Mather regency for any kindred related reasons. It could have just been they saw opportunity in that Kine neighborhood or area with in the city. Let's remember Sacramento isn't a small town. Also, Unless I am missing something, neither Ellis or Lina know if Arnoud Geissen is/was a kindred. You are welcome to make assumptions, but just I just wanted to be clear on that piece.

L
    Lina Moretti

"My Deputies and I do patrol the outer Regencies where there aren't Regents," Lina said directly. "Part of the job, really. But yes. It is less likely that those less-used Regencies would have a lot of Kindred traffic, although, it'd be tough to know precisely where all those lines are." It wasn't like a Map of the Domain was just floating around for anybody who wanted it to see. "This shit isn't subtle, though. It's super obvious. Construction. Tunneling. Criminals pacified. Laws changed. Once we got to looking, we saw a lot."

She tapped her leg a couple of times thoughtfully.

"I need to know what de Antonia knows about Echelon, Arnoud Geissen, and if he knows the password to a specific account at a specific bank. Are you my guy?" She points up at the first whiteboard, where The Important Account that Mitnick was working on was listed.

See your last post; Steven appears to have crossed out some bits.

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

Once you got looking though, that's the issue, thought Ellis. Still, it clued him into a niche that could use filling. And if there was anything that made someone Invictus material, it was being able to find (or make) a niche and promptly filling it. Some would say it's an important skill for Daeva in general, though the terminology used would be considerably more crude.

Still, no use losing track of the present when thinking about the future. Ellis nods. "I'm your guy, Sheriff. Just let me know when you need me. The Domain takes priority."

Yep! Went full dum dum, made some bad connections and looked up some stuff I shouldn't have.

L
    Lina Moretti

"Good shit," the Sheriff replied with a smile. She peered off into the distance for a long moment, as though contemplating something deeply -- and then cut it off, returning her gaze to Meadows. "Then we'll be in touch. I need to speak to the Harpy about what I want done, and we'll get things rolling."

She nodded to the Invictus Daeva.

"I think that's all I have for the moment, Mr. Meadows. It was a pleasure. I need to get back to the investigation -- it's all-consuming of late. Shall we speak again soon?"

Want to wrap it up here?

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Likewise, Sheriff Moretti." Ellis agrees, hands clasped behind his back. "And of course. You have my contact information. Please don't hesitate to make use of it."

Sounds good! Thank you for the thread and patience!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 7

You do not have permission to view the list of names.