Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    (Wrath's fire can break any metal.)
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

An average man with a few scars and burns, in the mask his skin is a faint grey color and his veins seem to glow at times.

PRE

The words were grating. Well intentioned perhaps, but it wasn't something Cole wanted to hear. Luckily, Rhodes was leaving and the Spring Monarch had offered a great excuse.

"Perhaps. But not today. I'm going to participate."

Cole leaves the scene, and goes to participate in Spring's ritual.

S
    Sasha

The Dancer nodded and agreed to what both Rhodes and Rich had said to Cole. "I took over the jazz club as a place to drown sorrows, or just pass the time. Either way, you are still welcome there as well."

Sasha laughed. "Rich, I would just loan it to you for whatever you need. I should probably sell it or get an additional car and have the truck available for anyone who needs it." It was time to move on, and parting with the truck was just the last piece.

She wondered why Rich recommended he and Fawkes speak. Maybe they were a lot alike. She wouldn't know if there were other Court happenings but he had to have a reason.

At the announcement of Ingrid, the Fairest looked to Rhodes and Cole as they quickly went to participate.

"Rich, are you going to participate? I should probably do so, although, narrowing it down to one thing is always difficult."

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

Richard let the elemental make his exit with little fuss. There was genuine effort an thought put into the reasoning, but the stubbornness was like trying to put a toddler to bed. Eventually things would come down to either the civil way or the summer way. The Ogre already understood which way things leaned.

”Hmm? Me? I think it is too late for me, Sasha.”

He had a grin on his face as he watched the crowd flood to the event the Springs had arranged, enjoying the enthusiasm that the participants showed. He also watched his own, making sure that there was decorum that would require swift intervention.

”I have had my chance to get what I want, and have made all my wishes. It is probably best I leave that magic for those who have more original ideas, or need it more than I do. I made my decisions, and I am where I am because of it.”

The Ogre shrugged a little, keeping the smile across his face.

”Plus the answer is a waffle maker, which I think is a waste to ask for here when I know a nearby Target.”

He added with a small chuckle.

S
    Sasha

The Dancer shook her head. "I'm sure there is something more you can think of?" Sasha wanted to be supportive anyway as Ingrid was always supportive of her and the Freehold.

Pulling out a pen and a small slip of paper from her pocket, she lifted her knee and jotted down what hers would be.

Peace and prosperity for our Freehold.

She held it for Rich to see. "This time, I may actually see it come true." The Dancer whisked away quickly, but would return swiftly.

Sasha will pop in and out of this thread and be back quickly

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

In the end, Rich would prefer the Wyrd favor many of the others desires over his own. If he could he would catch the lanterns and offer what he could to make the desires come true. The allure of Spring had always boiled inside of him. His attention lingered on the note Sasha had wrote, which made the ogre chuckle.

”May I?

He asked if he could see the note for a moment, if allowed he would gently take it, and produce a pen from inside his jacket pocket and add to it something simple:

”Call me unoriginal, but maybe if two of us focus on the same note the Wyrd will hear it a little clearer.”

He handed the note back - if it had been lent in the first place - and enjoyed his spot on the perimeter of the room, letting the others enjoy the main ceremony and avoiding the dog pile. While it may come off as anti-social there was no point in wedging himself in any of the other goings on. Richard did take a moment to count the emeralds in the crowd, and reached once more into his jacket.

On the return of the Onyx Monarch Richard offered her three green envelopes.

”My head count tells me I have more than enough to fulfill the intended goal. There is enough here for your entire court at present - for a nice little place called the Underground Tasting room. Some food and wine on my tab.”

Winter wasn’t in heavy force here tonight, just Sasha, Maxwell, and John, but Rich could offer them a nice night out, just as he intended to give Spring the option.

S
    Sasha

She had nodded and let him write on it before it went up into the lantern. When she returned, she shook her head. "I don't think it's unoriginal, that whole safety in numbers, why not make wishes in numbers. Perhaps they are more likely to come true." Sasha grinned brightly.

She heard what he said about the headcount, something about enough for the entire court and food and wine tab. The Felix wasn't always confused, but she was a bit stunned. The Dancer looked at the envelops. "So, what are these for?"

My apologies for the delay!

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

”They are good for a night out, like a said a nice little tasting room here in town. I figured it was an excuse for the Springs to have a nice night out on someone else’s dime. Pretty much they are just overpriced gift certificates, but they will let you and yours have a good night.”

The Ogre chuckled as he let the Winter Queen take the gift if she chose too.

”It isn’t much but it is something. If I can offer a good night out for folk, I will take that opportunity.”

Inside the envelopes are essentially Gift certificates for the Underground Tasting Room, a wine tasting venue with a decent menu in Sacramento. Feel free to take your courtiers there for a scene on Richard’s dollar! All optional of course.

S
    Sasha

She was a little flabbergasted and surprised for such a gift. "Oh wow, that's so kind of you, Rich." Sasha didn't take one yet, and didn't know if she should. The Dancer didn't drink, and a tasting room sounded fancy and to be appreciated by a connoisseur.

Sasha wasn't sure what was meant by yours, and she presumed he meant a boyfriend, significant other or something like that.
    "I appreciate the gesture, very much. I don't really have a 'yours' though. Just two good friends that I could take, Sasha and Rhodes. Although, I could also take my Court. I think they may enjoy a night out without chat of Freehold measures." Which is when the Fairest took an envelop.

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

”It is always nice to get out and have a night like that. And don’t worry too much, they have plenty of non-alcoholic options originally designed for designated drivers. In the end, who doesn’t enjoy a good cheese platter though?”

The Crimson King offered a small laugh before he glanced around the room once more.

”However, I must say it is getting late for me. So I think I will be taking my leave. I hope the rest of the evening finds you in good spirits, and if you need anything don’t ever hesitate to call.”

Rich nodded politely before striding towards the exit of the Tavern, stopping for only a moment...

S
    Sasha

The Fairest smiled widely, at least Rich didn't drill her on why she didn't drink. "Thank you for understanding, and that suggestion. I just didn't want to waste a good certificate. Now of course, I cannot turn down a good ante pasta platter, I absolutely love olives."

Nodding to him taking his leave. "Of course, I should perhaps get moving as well. I'm not sure if I may be needed elsewhere before leaving, and I'll see if the Springs need any assistance with clean up."

She wondered if there would be another Spring Gala before the Summer festivities started. She would either ask Sera, or wait for an announcement.

Sasha returns to the main thread.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread