Ended
Watch

Not Just Anybody

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    J
    John Doe

If it helped Richard understand his work, then it was okay by him. The Darkling nodded and continued to scoop the now greasy mixture of rice, chicken, beef and vegetables into his mouth.

He and the Ogre had a great deal of common ground together. "You know what it's like then," it was reassuring to hear it from Price.

He raised a silver brow, "Demons? Like what kind of troubles are we really talking about here?" What had Circe not been doing? That was a shocking surprise.

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

”Well not the type of demons that go all exorcist on you.”

The Ogre offered a small chuckle as he reassured John of the nature of the problem.

”The Summer courtiers are all fighting some sort of problem with their post Arcadian life. If you are serious about helping people I would like to petition you to help the members of my Court work past their hardships. If necessary I can fund you taking any level of professional course, we can talk pledges too. I wanted to float it by you before I started asking in any formal capacity.”

J
    John Doe

"I appreciate the offer," he smiles as he nears the end of his dish. "I'm working on reading social cues. I go to the library and I've been reading there. In the future, I'll likely need to take you up on that offer, because there's only so much I can do on my own."

The skittish man shrugged. "I'll do what I can to help. Everyone's got a tragedy that they could use a helping hand with."

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

”Whenever you decide to follow through, let me know John. It is the least I can do for someone who is so willing to help the freehold. When you get around to helping any of the Iron Spears keep in touch with me, I don’t need details but I want to offer you anything you could need. Venues, meals, whatever you think would help the process.”

The Summer Lord stood at the counter, hands on the marble as he smiled at John.

”If you want we can make a pledge about it, or not it is whatever you prefer. If you want a bit of payroll I can have a contract sent to your place tonight to put everything in black.”

He was asking the Onyx Courtier to put effort into help his own Summers, he understood this wasn’t something that should be asked freely and was more than willing to pay for the matter to be attended too. Plus if he could help John in anyway he would only better be able to serve the budding Freehold moving forward.

J
    John Doe

John shook his head, "I'd rather do a Pledge when the time is right," he then smiled. "No need for dealing with paper contracts unless we have to. Everyone knows everyone among our crew."

"It's more of an obligation for myself being skilled enough to able to help your Court. That's something on my end. I'll be sure to ask when I need your assistance for greater purposes though." He smiled once more. "I am so happy to see that we're moving forward as a community. We need every one of us at the ready."

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

”Well, I will be where when you are ready for any of that. Thank you again for all of this in advance. Now, how about you load up another plate and grab a drink and we can toss something on the 70 inch screen.”

He wasn’t going to let John go home without over eating, and would even let him have control of the remote in this case.

I think this is a decent spot to wrap and leave the future open for more scenes! If you want to ask anything specific I am game to keep going though.

J
    John Doe

The shy Darkling smiles brightly, "Thank you very much." As the Summer ordered him to load up on another plate and grab a beer, he did so. "It's good to watch the game with someone like you."

I agree. This has been a great thread!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread