Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

”I think the one thing we can always count on in any Lost community is that when there is free food to be had, there is no worry about throwing anything out. Back in LA a buffet was a dangerous proposition at court events because you ran the risk of literally running out of of food if you weren’t sure to have a back stock. Summer was particularly bad, a virtual food vacuum.”

“Sports are what I spend most of time with now - watching, not so much playing. Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, the whole spectrum. Don’t hit the hedge much any more, a little traumatized after getting lost in there in one of my last dives so I am mostly a mundane kind of guy. I picked up cooking recently, trying to learn how to do more than sunny side up eggs and steak. Never new spaghetti sauce could have so many damn ingredients.”

“Everyone likes Game of Thrones right? Just don’t ask me the names.”

He went through the list and laughed a little, thinking about his actions and realizing how bored he might actually be after stepping away from the metropolis that was LA. Quiet had always sounded good until you were smack dab in the middle of it.

”Are there any local hot spots you can recommend? I found a few bars, and wine cellar myself but I am sure this place has more to offer.”

S
    Sasha

Chuckling, she remembered years ago what the Summer's were capable of. "Yes, I remember the Summers seemed to be bottomless pits. I'm sure it just depends on their nature." The Fairest remembered how Spartan could hardly talk without his mouth full at some events.

Her hand flitted to the side. "Sports, now there is a topic that is completely out of my element. I know a bit about Hockey, but nothing more past that. Football, no way. I can't watch it and even pretend to know what is going on."

Now cooking, that was something new. "I wouldn't have guessed you had an interest in actual cooking. Of course, I shouldn't say much. I get those pre-made meal things that are delivered. I don't have to think about much other than just following instructions. All the ingredients are there, it's just the order they're prepared. Hello Fresh, I think that's one of the companies I use. Between that and another one." The Fairest hated all the preservatives in store bought meals, so this was the closest thing.

The Dancer nervously chuckled. "Yeah, I know there's Dragons involved with that series. Perhaps that's why I don't watch it." She shuddered a little as Fairweather drifted into her head briefly.

Though, Sasha wasn't sure if there as a difference between bars and nightclubs. "I've been to the Nox, Reverence and I think that's it. They're more club like, dance floors, lots of people. I don't really drink alcohol so I haven't gone out some place that's just a bar, I guess." She shrugged, an apologetic smile followed. "Sorry, I'm really not very useful in that respect."

"Oh geez, I sound like a stick-in-the-mud, don't i?"

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

”I find cooking relaxing, what used to take too much time is a nice break from nothing. Lets you put a little order in your day and make something nice. And at the end of the day it is een better because if you don’t mess it up it tastes pretty good too. If you don’t get busy it is also something that can stack up three times a day. I was never one to miss a meal. I think it is worth stepping out and getting some fresh things, and trying something new. Gives you the chance to be a little creative.”

Pre-packed meals were good, but they lacked the personal flair. All in all they were better than the midnight trip to McDonalds. Though if you ever asked Rich, it was always McNugget time.

He listened to her go on about the places that she had been too, and how it wasn’t really her scene. Maybe he was just trying to capture his youth still at this point, but the night life was one of the few things that he never really gave up on.

”Stick in the mud is such a negative way of thinking. Its not a lifestyle for everyone. If you ever want to explore, however, I know a few cocktail recipes and a few drinks that go down smooth. I have one I bring in from Canada, tea infused vodka - may as be juice. Add a bit of ginger ale or soda water and you are in business.”

He had spent his fair share of time around people who chose either to not or only lightly drink. They were the smart ones, especially when it came time to pay the tab.

”So whatever happened to the Hotel of the Lost? If you don’t mind me asking.”

S
    Sasha

She chuckled softly. "I can see why it brings you pleasure. I guess my artistic side doesn't go that far out. I'm sure your cooking probably tastes delicious though." She grinned ear to ear. Listening to someone take pride in what they did was beautiful to hear for the Fairest. It meant that they moved on from their Taken past lives and found something else to focus on.

"I don't mind going out for drinks. But, I typically don't drink alcohol." She rolled a shoulder, not really wanting to go into detail as to why but it may come up. "I can usually find something delicious to drink without it. Some places even have coffee, which I drink plain if I need to." She smirked. "I'm typically game for trying to places to venture out to."

When Rich asked about the hotel, she paused for a long moment. It was sad that she was the only one left with this information, but the story flowed better every time. It didn't pain her as much as the first time she spoke it. "The Four Seasons was burned to the ground by the Draconic Faireweather. By coincidence, it was easily concealed because there were some earthquakes in the area and they created large sinkholes. It was assumed that the sinkhole caused an explosion that made the hotel burn to the ground. So the mundane were none the wiser."

"There was a tree left in the center of it all. A tree that was part of the Hotel's outside grounds. It, for lack of better words, tried to usher in something to this side, that my past Winters couldn't even figure out. But it was evil and we locked whatever it was into the tree. I believe it was then chopped down." Sasha sighed as she gave the rest of the information. She hadn't discussed that part with anyone yet, but she knew in fact the tree was no longer standing.

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

”It is truly wicked, how they take everything isn't it? I have everything I do today because I was taken. It has given me means I would have never had, introduced me to people I would have had no right talking too, and gave me a power I needed to fight back against injustice. Still, I wish I had never made that deal and wish I had never been taken. You know what makes it worse?”

Rich had slowed his movement, he had taken a deep breath, and gave the Winter Queen a pained smile.

”It doesn’t even need to be the same one. Life as I knew it was taken from me and destroyed by my Keeper. Yet when my former Freehold was at risk and we had to stand shoulder to shoulder ready to die, it was another monster. And then when I was ready to settle in and make some real positive change, a third one. We are pieces on their board, as they try to push each other away and make moves to spite one another with no concern for the pieces. There are always more pawns.”

The Crimson Aristocrat was letting his own bleak sorrow show through. No one person was a vessel of a single emotion, the Four Courts held sway because it was a part of all of them. Hearing her own tragic re-telling of what happened and hearing about the Dragon once more had triggered all the different encounters the Ogre had had himself. It reminded him of the war that couldn’t be won, and was never ending.

”We all have to keep surviving though, and we have to look out for one another. It is what lets us survive well beyond what the Other’s may desire. So my offer stands. If there is anything I can offer the monarchs, let me know - I am very willing to help.”

His smile may have been a sad one previously but his new expression held more hope for the future. What else could they cling too?

I am good to wrap here, life is catching up and I don’t want to leave people hanging too long!

6. Likes Krakenbox liked this post
    S
    Sasha

"There are things I hate that happened because or after I was taken. But, I'll never get them back. It's learning to let go of those problems, the key to moving on and letting go of the angst. It's a difficult thing to learn." She reflected, thoughts of her mother passing over her eyes.

The Fairest shook her head. "Well, I would prefer that no one here turns into a pawn. That is not how I operate and that is not how anyone else should. I hope you enjoy this Freehold, and one day it will really feel like home." Of course, the Summer could call it his new home, it was feeling it that would make the difference.

The Dancer softly smiled, with a pleased look on her face. "I truly appreciate it. Just keep that in mind in the days to come, there will be much to discuss."

Great scene! I will close it and wrap it up

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread