Ended
Watch

Elettra & The Nap (Getting to know you)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    E
    Elettra Vitale

Nodding, "I am one that embraces change. I do not like when things remain the same for too long. We tend to get stagnant and do not improve when there is no change."

Listening to Dirt Nap describe the book, Elettra nods, "That sounds quite interesting. I will look it up as soon as I get the chance. Thank you, for the suggestion."

Curiosity getting the best of her, "So, besides all the possibilities of changing, what is your faviorite thing about being a Dragon? What is your least favorite thing? Of course you don't have to answer if it's too personal or you just don't want to."

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, "Well, when you say, 'we tend to get stagnant', you said it in a nutshell; our kind, what you and I are now, are sort of frozen. Change is a lot more effort than before an embrace. You are young enough, it might not be so strong, or just not so obvious yet. As a Dragon, we are committed to really observing, everything, questioning, and testing. Like for example, you are still doing the same work as before you got the embrace. I'm sure there's lots of good reasons for it, but also, it's just possible, that without you even realizing, you resist change." he says. "It's the kind of thing we have to question in ourself."

"Say for example, if you decide to up and quit all of a sudden, and do something totally different, maybe work on being a medical examiner, or a forensic lab worker, not helping people, or being in a hospital at all, but just working with dead bodies, murder victims and such." Dirt Nap says. "I am not saying you should do that, but I am saying, forcing a change like that is the kind of things we have to look at, test ourselves to suss out whether we're really making choices, or just fooling ourselves, and coasting along doing what we're used to."

Dirt Nap chuckles, "Well, I am much more plain spoken than is good for me. My favorite thing about the Dragons is the asking hard questions about ourself, and then putting our money where our mouth is, really testing it." he says.

"I suppose my least favorite thing about it is being around all the other kindred and their beasts." he chuckles.

E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra nods as Dirt Nap talks about resisting change, "Nursing was always a great passion of mine. Part of sticking to it is probably because I am holding onto what once was. It also gives me an easy source of....vitae." She's very comfortable talking with him that she let that slip. Elettra normally keeps how she feeds to herself, it's a private intimate thing for her. "Also, saving humans one person at a time helps to ensure our fate as well. Letting them die out would take away our food source," She says with a slight shrug. Curiosity getting the best of her, "So what do you do for work? Is it different than what you were doing before your embracing?"

Nodding again, "You make a very good point. That will be something I will consider. I was thinking about furthering my studies to become a nurse practitioner, but that would be a lot similar to what I am doing now, so that really wouldn't force change on myself. I will have to do some soul searching and figure out what I want my next steps to be where that is concerned."

Chuckling along with Dirt Nap, "For most people, the talking comes so easy but then actually following through with it is the hard thing. I know I am up for the challenge and eagerly awaiting my next steps!"

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods. "I can see you're committed." he says. "It's a long haul. You might start my changing things, little things, but uncomfortable. A bad haircut, maybe." he chuckles. "Really, I believe small things like that can be powerful, like the grit that turns into a pearl, from irritating an oyster."

Dirt Nap looks thoughtful at Elettra Vitale's question about his past. "Well, I suppose in a way, I was fortunate. I couldn't very easily keep going the way I was before my embrace. I died, see." he says. "I was a kid, in college, and I got sick. Cancer. I died from it, after a long, hard fight." he says. "I don't rightly remember the very end too clear, but I recall hearing them declare me dead in the hospital."

"My sire said he saw me, fighting against the inevitable, knowing the cancer was going to win, and just fighting to breath as long as I could anyway. Was curious what that would look like after an embrace." Dirt Nap explains, his expression distracted with memory. "When I came back...well, I don't believe I am the same person as before, not at all." he says. "He was a ministry student."

Dirt Nap looks at Elettra Vitale. "I'm a stone cold murderer." he says. "I know people think I'm kind, I wouldn't hurt anyone. But I am fighting the beast for control of my mind and body. Any hatred or violence or cowardice...if I act on it, I make it stronger, and me weaker. It's self preservation I'm fighting for, not my soul. I believe that's long gone now."

He's quiet for a long minute, then says, abruptly, "So I ended up going country, worked on ranches, fed on animals, without killing them. Got to where I liked working with the horses, particular, and got good at it." he says. "I feed off 'em. Got good and easy access to 'em any night I need it."

I'm enjoying this a great deal! I am wondering though, whether now that we're in the Dragon meeting, we should finish this scene to get it into continuity, so it definitely 'happens' before the meeting. Or if you don't mind having it 'happen' after, then I'm fine with that. If we did end this one, I would like to do more scenes where they talk about things in the future!

E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra nods, "That is a good point, I will do something small sometime soon and build from there."

She listens carefully and his story pulls on the heart strings of the nurse inside of her, "I have watched many people fight that fight in the years I have been a nurse. Definitely not an easy way to go." She looks at him somberly, "I suppose that would greatly change a person. Well, I think the person you've changed into is quite interesting," she adds with a smile.

Elettra nods,"I believe all of us that are embraced are stone cold killers. Some just mask it easier and better than others. Which is why we all need to be careful of the company we keep. Well anything I can do to help you in your journey just let me know."

She's surprised by the path he's taken 'going country', "That's quite interesting. I don't have much experience with the country stuff, but I can appreciate a country man or woman. That's some very hard work to do."

Elettra looks at her watch and sighs, "Looks like the night is just flying by on us! I really am enjoying our chat but, I probably should get going. That is unless you had something else of importance to discuss first?" She asked politely as to not seem like she was rushing him out or anything.

I am enjoying it as well. But, yeah I think it's a good idea to wrap this up as to not get me too confused with the timelines! We should definitely do another one soon!

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap smiles and chuckles, "Small...and uncomfortable. Painful even. The point is, it has to be something you don't want to do. It's the only way to know that you aren't coasting and avoiding change without knowing it." he says.

He doesn't comment when Elettra Vitale describes seeing cancer patients in their final fight.

"Well thank you." he says when she says he's interesting as a result.

"It was a big change alright. A whole different life." he says about 'going country' after his embrace.

When the young Priscus says that she has to be going, Dirt Nap nods and says, "Thank you for meeting with me. I just wanted to tell you in person what happened with my wanting to learn outside of my clan and covenent. It's been a real pleasure though, a lot more than I was thinking to have, talking with you. I look forward to talking more, later."

Thanks again! Fun! And into continuity now!

I'll have to ask you to do the honors to close it; I forgot it way you and not me that started it! LOL!

E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra simply nods at Dirt Nap to show she understands.

"You're welcome," she replies. "It was a pleasure being able to sit down and have this talk with you. I feel like I have learned about yourself and the Ordo Dracul too. I hope you enjoy the rest of your night. I look forward to speaking with you again sometime soon," she adds the last part with a friendly smile and a wink.

You're welcome and thank you as well! I enjoyed it. Also thank you for reminding me to close it lol I seem to forget that when I create the scene I have to also close it. lol Still learning I suppose. haha

E
    Elettra Vitale

And I forgot to close. Dummy me sorry.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.