THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

More parroting. The woman did not appear to have an opinion beyond a simple want to improve. He takes another drink, thinking. Moretti had recommended her, and not every Dragon needed to be a deep philosopher. She was a scientist, not a poet. A smile tugs when she broaches the topic of relationships with Kindred, the naivete was almost nostalgic.

"You mentioned you have not been dead long, correct? I think something you need to realize, Fräulein, is yes: you may have as many flings as you wish to keep yourself from feeling isolated and lonely. We are social monsters, despite what the Beast tells us otherwise. Even Gangrel wander into a gathering every so often. Hell, look at Herr Mitnick. Court seems like torture for him yet he keeps subjecting himself to community," he laughs at the thought, wondering if they would ever bicker again over something as trivial as introductions. "Then there is the magic preposition: 'but'. There is no such thing as a friend," he levels his gaze,

"This is not me being cruel. We are all liars, and our base nature demands we pick at each other at the nicest of times. I do not care if you go dress shopping with your gal pals or mimic Kine behaviour to feel better about your situation. We all do it," he shakes his glass, acknowledging his own pointless indulgence, "I will always advocate that fun keeps us from going crazy.

Supplicant Dirt Nap, for example, withholds feeding on humanity so he can assert he does not assault people on the regular.

I like helping Kine have the opportunity to change their lives and the world around them with enough investment. But I do not play around with the fact that I regularly prey on the naive and have killed more people than I can count in the name of survival."
    He had a feeling who she was referring to, based off the conversations he overheard at Court,

"Fräulein Wood will play at being the modern woman. It is very human, like the Instagram models I spend time with who like misquoting philosophers as 'deep' while overlaying the text on a carefully edited glamour shot. It is not about attention, they inspire others to do better! Ignoring they are showing off the shape of their ass for media revenue; it is a business and masquerading around the methods of your success is childish, to me.

If she wants to be the white girl yogi Eco Warrior so she can skirt her blood rituals, her method of tearing people apart in the most painful way possible, and constant hunger. I do not give a shit, she can be a neo-pagan forest nymph. It makes her happy. But the cost is the respect and professionalism of her peers. It becomes isolating for her potential,"
    he thinks for a moment how that particular issue was burying her,

"I would prefer if you did not model your behaviour after her? She has no respect among the Clan, aside from Dirt Nap being starry-eyed about her ability to assault and girlish charm. That is not leadership, though. He would toss her for Atticus in a heartbeat as an alpha. The Daeva and Ventrue are eating her alive and she does not know how to change her image aside from double down. Admirable, but stubbornness it is not what the Dragons are about. Adaptation. Change," he focuses back on her,

"But how you pursue your studies should be modeled after what is healthy for your own psyche, so I can redirect you to Dirt Nap if you prefer the bliss that is the spirit of the hypocritical pacifist. It worked for him.

He follows the idea that he can train his Beast like breaking a horse and trick it into working with him as a partner.

Atticus...is quiet, he has not divulged much to me but he is very logical and to the point. He pushes his mind and body to its limits with torture.

Lina is by the book, quite literally. She does straight forward scientific practice that makes the most sense. But she is busy, and I get the feeling she will not be taking on a student any time soon.

My own methods are based around strength of the will and fueling your forward momentum with inspiration and excitement. We would have to hash out your philosophy, or mantra, or oath to yourself—however you want to put it. Your position as a nurse is a wonderful foundation."

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    E
    Elettra Vitale

Feeling frustrated that what she was trying to say didn’t come across the right way. Elettra tends to have that problem around here. Her beast keeps screaming for her to tell Prosper off, to put him in his place. Elettra pushes her beast down as she knows she needs his help in order to move forward with the Dragons.

"That is correct, it has only been 2 years. I wasn't necessarily talking about flings. I said relationships because I did not know a better word to use than friends since that isn't a realistic concept for us."

Laughing on the inside a bit, "Mitnick is an intriguing creature to watch that's for sure. It's quite entertaining watching him squirm so much."

"When Ms. Wood & Krieg were explaining the Circle to me one thing that put me way off was how positive, friendly, peace, love, and joy like they were making it sound like it to be. I mean, I know I am young but, I am not totally naïve. I know when I am being fed a line of crap. That was one thing that drew me towards the Ordo Dracul, Scribe Moretti was very blunt about how difficult it will be and that it is a forever commitment. I appreciated that she wasn't sugar coating it."

Listening to him talk about Mable she makes note of his suggestions, "I will surely keep that in mind. I do not intend to model my behavior after her. I am watching and learning from her mistakes."

"Most people think my continuing to be a nurse a surprising choice. But, the way I see it is that we need humans to be around in order to survive. My being a nurse and saving lives helps in a small way to ensure their survival."

Elettra isn't one to want to ask for help but she knows she needs it, "I believe you would be a better fit for me. I think you would help push me in the way I need to go. That is if you're willing to take a new student. I have never been good with philosophy, would you be willing to help me with that?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

And there it was! The spirit of rebellion. Prosper laughs as he toasts her playfully, "Cheers," he mutters.

Whether the woman had taken his open bias and twisted a narrative to please him, or was genuine in her rejection of kid gloves towards the unlife, both showed the ability to manipulate a situation to her favour when pressed. She would be fine working with him for a time, or so he hoped. He didn't want to bully her potential into the ground because of their differences in disposition.

"I have no idea how the Shadows handle their Embrace or what is done to school their Childre. I will not put you on the spot on such a personal topic when speaking to a stranger, just musing. Gangrel throw the kids into the woods and see who comes out in a few weeks," he chuckles, though the reality was absolute. Coddled Savages died early. A vicious smirk at her bubbling frustration, "As I said, I am just trying to figure out if this situation will work. You should never hesitate putting the unworthy to the ground."

He offers her more whiskey, eyes flashing red as the animalistic structure of his retina bounce the low light of the lamp, "To be honest, I was going to throw a pair of handcuffs at you and see if you were willing to stab yourself if you kept rolling over. This was an alternative I prefer," it was unclear whether he was screwing with her as he blinks his attention back, "I have an expectation of intelligence with those I spend my time with. We will work on a purpose for you to hold onto as you overcome your Beast, but do not sweat that you are not a master philosopher. I can barely manage five minutes with the text books you had to memorize as a student. Did you want to discuss more business, or are you done with this game?" he grins.

I'm fine to start tapering this off based on what you would like for Elettra!

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra doesn't trust that his cheers wasn't a sarcastic one, but she doesn't want to come across as rude, "Cheers," she replies back.

"I am not quite sure if my embrace was the typical experience for Shadows. My sire was young herself and I am not sure she really cared how I took the change and life after. I feel as though she reacted to my situation without thinking it all through." She threw that out there with indifference. There wasn’t anything Elettra could do about it now. She's creating her own path an that's what matters to her now.

Elettra accepts the whiskey, noticing the red reflecting in his eyes. He was a decent looking man, it's a shame he comes across as a bit of an arrogant jerk at times. Smirking at him mischievously, "Pain isn't something I fear, it's only temporary."

"I am more than willing to discuss more business. However, I know you're probably a busy man. If you have things to do before the night's over that is understandable. We can continue this another night if that works better for you."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper listens intently, surprise in his expression dulled with their shared condition. His eyebrows raise slightly with the conscious effort,

"You have done well for what you describe was a hasty decision. I have met a few Kindred that do not view the Embrace for what it is, which I would argue is murder in some form or another. I have met Kindred who entered this life out of the pity of their Sire, because they were hurt, or dying. Sometimes it is guilt from an encounter. Good attitude,"
    he shrugs as he takes a sip from his own glass.

"I shall inform the Grand Wyrm that we have met and my assessment, and your wish for me to mentor you on the first Change. We will see how things progress from there," he stands as he finishes, smirking from her polite offer,

"First lesson: I will not give you my time if you do not demand it. Have a good evening, Slave Vitale."

He offers his hand a second time, allowing the evening to taper off. She had a lot to think on.

Great scene!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread