(Echelon) Regrouping

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"Th.thanks," mumbles Derek, embarrassed at the Sheriff's praise. Garrett's conclusions and efforts seem to dwarf his own though. And if the account number was one they already knew about then it might not matter.

"Why kill Cummings? A liability? Had this reporter found something on him? What do we know about the reporter?" Derek asks the room thoughtfully, almost posing it rhetorically as something they might think about.

Between the Harpy's efforts to get in touch with her contacts, tracking down the account, and identifying the compound and its significance, they wouldn't be moving forward on this right away. Derek knew the Sheriff is aware of his capabilities. He would wait for the next opportunity to make himself useful while considering the facts as they are.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable sat quietly listening. She added in what she had seen from the air. Investigation procedures were not her forte. Lina knew what things Mable could offer. And Mable sure as hell was not going to insult Lina's mastermind with her own dumb thoughts.

L
    Lina Moretti

"Holy shit..."

The Sheriff's mouth was agape as she stared at the note that had been handed to her by Jacque. The scientists had found it. The link. The key that proved that Echelon was related to more than just strange business, the thing that showed that these people were dangerous beyond her worst nightmares. She folded the note, tightening her jaw, but not bothering to hide her dire concern even a little.

"I need to inform the Prince straight away. Here is what needs to be done, now. I need someone with ties to finance and someone with computer skills to run down this account number and trace where it goes, what's being bought, and who it all connects to. Mitnick, Prosper, that's you.

Cummings is dead; we need to know who killed him and why. Jacque, Exlibrist, Wood, follow it up, please. Let me know if you need access to police files and whatnot, and I'll help you out where I can.

Harpy, get the information from de Antonia - and you're on the science and looking into how and where some shit like this could be synthesized. Jacque can help you too, with both.

I've got Alten covered, and I'll be making sure de Antonia doesn't get murdered. Any questions? This shit just got real, folks. There's a fucking poison out there that can kill Kindred. Be god damn careful."

Steven , that should give you a breakdown on some options for this plot going forward. If you want more people in this, or more scenes running at the same time, let me know and I'll keep it rolling.

A
    Adam Exlibrist

With all that transpired... Adam saw an opening.

"Sheriff? If I am not mistaken we have access to a mortuary. If possible the body could be transferred to the Moore House were a detailed forensic analysis of the body could be conducted. With your permission of course. As Regent of Florin, the Funeral Home falls within your domain. At present I am in the process of removing all of my covenant's belongings from the premises. If you will it, I can cease and the Church can reopen the facility."

It was a long shot but worth the effort. There was a body to provide clues. A facility was available but access denied. Moretti could change all that by reversing her eviction notice.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

The mention of poison makes the Savage feel sick. At Adam's smooth suggestion, he puts away his paperwork. That wasn't a discussion he needed to be around for.

"Nice job, everyone," Prosper says evenly, eyes flicking to Derek as the Sheriff tasks them. He hands the Mekhet a card as he dismisses himself, not wishing to waste time.

Garrett leaves the thread

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Jacque, Adam, I am pretty sure I can get police reports. We can discuss what we need later." Mable said quietly to them.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek takes the card and pockets it, regarding the Gangrel silently. The situation seems to have changed with Lina's realization and the change of orders. What had been an investigation into an invasive construction project is now a development into weaponization against Kindred. Since the stakes have been raised, Derek's been given the clear to use his talents into tracking down the account, whatever further risks that might bring.

He'd leave questions around the rogue reporter to somebody else.

Derek answers Lina's direction affirmation, "We're on it," and Derek files out after Garrett.

Derek leaves as well

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.
    Jacque Scenes
     blush, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It isn't just a poison," Jacque adds. "It is highly acidic as well so don't ingest it, don't touch it and don't be touched by it."

Looking to each person, "It takes on a green tinge so pay attention and don't risk being exposed."

Finally to Rebecca and Lina, "I'd like to recommend a higher priority put on trying to synthesize a neutralizing agent in case one of us is exposed. We won't have the time to be reactive if it happens. The only problem is we don't have that much to work with. Cummings' body may have some still, although it may be diluted. Alternatively, any that can be secured from a would-be assassin would supply us with an untainted amount to work with."

Blood Hunt:

S
    Steven

Okay Team, I am going to be posting 4 scenes @ Tagging the appropriate players. Please join those threads when you leave this one and begin to plan with your team on next steps.

Rebecca Simmons ' contacts were able to give the Poison hunters a place to start, some experiments are being done at UC Davis School Of Medicine to try to find an inoculation or counteractions to certain chemical weapons... like VX nerve gas.

L
    Lina Moretti

"By the way, y'all - if you find yourself short on people to do what you find needs doing, let me know or call Krieg. I don't want anybody walking into a deathtrap."

With that, Moretti heads out to carry out her part of all this.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 16

You do not have permission to view the list of names.