Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I was drawn by his story, most of all. Mortal or not, I find myself compelled to admire someone who sticks to his convictions as he did. His love of art quite literally saved his life."

His eyebrows raised, "Caravaggio? I agree with the sentiment, but you would display them here in the main forum? Most of his paintings, while brilliant in capturing the mood would drive the... atmosphere in your hall. You may want to consider similar artists such as Theodore Gericault who also have a talent for capturing such raw emotion and color. 'The Raft of the Medusa' and 'A Prancing Grey Horse' are two pieces that come to mind."

Bowing his head respectfully, "Something to consider. I recall that you desired an open and approachable demeanor in your Court and too much Caravaggio would certainly detract from that."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, -1 WP

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod as she listened. While she could understand the sentiment, the artist was still Kine. They only served a few purposes to the Savage. “Sounds like quite an interesting man.” To some.

“There are a few I would display here, others, in my office. I think you’ll be surprised that most don’t pay attention to what I have hanging out here. You’re one of the first to express interest in what I currently have up.” She thinks over the name, then gently shakes her head, “That’s not an artist’s I’m too familiar with. But if you say they have talent for capturing emotion, I’ll look into them.” Could be worthwhile.

Smirking, “I did mention that. And I’ll keep your advice in mind when I change up the pieces displayed.” There was a nod of her head. She’d actually never considered if the art would cause a stir.

“I must say Mr Jacque, you always provide excellent conversation.”
    She says with a smile. “But I don’t want to monopolize all your time this evening.” She wasn’t dismissing him, but allowing him the ability to mingle with others.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I feel The Raft of the Medusa, in particular, would compliment the spirit of the art you have and wish to add to your collection. It is a depiction of an event that was subject to worldwide criticism. The Medusa was a French ship, which through the ignorance of its newly appointed Captain ran aground and sank. Over a hundred of its crew were sent afloat on a makeshift raft quickly crafted from its wreckage. In the two weeks it took for them to be found and rescued, fifteen of their number died. Those who lived, did so by means of cannibalism."

Jacque smiles, "Of course, in the world of the Kine it sparked controversy because of the political implication in addition to the moral objection to how the sailors fought for their lives." Swinging a hand outward in the 'on the other hand' motion, "However, I have appreciated the art as something akin to our Danse. Nobody wishes to ever be in that situation, but if we were... how far would we loosen the Beast's leash if it was our only means of survival."

The mention of the advice being taken under consideration brought a grin to his face, elated that the Prince seemingly respected his opinion, "I must admit, I was secretly disappointed that I would not have the opportunity to effectively bid to serve as your Keeper. I understand, of course, the wisdom of leveraging the position to obtain something you need. Unfortunately, since I had already promised my services to you in other areas I can not pursue your stated prerequisites. I would humbly request that you may consider the quality of these conversations as an indication of my ability to effectively Keep your Elysium should the position find itself vacant again in the future."

With a proud smile, Jacque bows in thanks for the compliment, "You honor me with such praises, your Majesty. I am afraid your time is far more valuable than my own. I'm merely happy that I arrived early enough to claim a portion of it and with such wonderful conversation." Glancing around the room, "There are several new faces this evening, as always, and I also recall that you enjoy reaching out to meet the unfamiliar."

Smiling in earnest, "I hope that you have a peaceful and uneventful evening."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was clear interest on the Savages face as she listened. Nodding here and there.

Intrigante.” Still looking thoughtful. “If someone is passed away, then I fail to see the moral issue. The dead are just that, dead. But maybe some have a more romantic idea of death and what it does to the body. After all, if buried at sea, the fish would consume it, if buried, the worms eat it. So how can we fault a human for doing to survive as the others would?” A shrug.

Then a chuckle with a smirk, “Sometimes loosening that leash is a way to learn to reign it back in. Having survived on the road for many years, I can attest to that.” But that was all she would say.

A brief look of surprise, “I wasn’t aware you were interested in the position. It was a matter of getting connections I struggle with, giving my position in the criminal aspect of the city. But I will certainly keep you in mind should those who are seeking the position fail.” It could happen.

A hand waves dismissively, “Everyone’s time is valuable.” She was just happy to be out of the office. “I’ll take a look at my schedule this week and let you know about setting up an evening to talk politics.” She wondered what his views were on them.

Laughing, “Uneventful would be great! And you as well, thank you for talking with me about art, it was quite enjoyable.”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He smiles softly raising a single finger, "A fair point indeed. However, I never said that the sailors chosen for sustenance were deceased before they were selected." He gave pause to let the idea sink in, "One of the many points of interpretation of the piece and why I believe it would spark the desired conversation you enjoy."

"It seemed inappropriate to waste your time expressing my interest if I could not meet your very clear expectations for earning it," bowing his head slightly "As I stated, I can appreciate the wisdom in how you are leveraging the position. It makes the Domain stronger."

Sharing in the laugh and ending with a deeper bow, "I look forward to your call. By your leave, Prince Antinori."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

An eyebrow raises, “Even if not, they could have been injured or sick without possibility of getting better. Meaning they were a liability, taking precious resources.” Made sense to her, kill off those beyond repair.

Shaking her head, “I don’t see it as inappropriate, it’s good to know who is interested in what. Especially should another position come available.” Knowing who was good with what, and who wanted what, made it easy to put people in roles.

Smiling, “Of course, and please, enjoy the rest of your evening.”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque moves back to the main scene

Blood Hunt:

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread