Ended
Watch

Smoke and Mirrors

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    V
    Vivian York

“I think I’ve stopped myself as of late. Although, I’m not sure why. Perhaps it’s the lack of having a suitable partner to be spontaneous?” Vivian shrugged slightly, she really had no barrier other than herself.

“Well I’m sure I could be. But it’s hard to do with certain company. The Harpy, well, you know what could happen there with impressions. However, I doubt it would hurt me in that regard. The Prince, well, I think she’d be up for doing a few spontaneous things with me, but in small quantities first.”
    Chuckling softly. “Not like I used to do in Toronto. Sometimes I had make quick changes for no reason whatsoever.” More or less to elude someone trying to follow her, but now was not the time for such talk.

“As far as language, I feel as if those are best learned with someone or someone who is willing to teach. For if you can’t use it right away, it doesn’t always become grounded in one’s head.” This may have been her own opinion, but some had wonderful memories, and it was quite easy for them.

Her eyes blinked a little, a smile and intrigue lingering within. “Now that’s something I’ve not participated in. I’m sure I’d be great with movies, television, cars, music. Yet, some of the other things; not so much.” She turned the stem of the glass between her fingers. “I agree, experience is an irreplaceable learning tool.”

“My desire…?” She let the words slowly leave her lips and turned as well, the toe of her shoes intentionally sliding along the side of his leg. Vivian was good at reading the language of the body, for him turning like so, meant more than just movement. “I am not the greatest dancer, but I would love to dance.” Her eyes briefly looked at the small space of laminate flooring at the other side of the room. “That’s just one…”

The Daeva bit her bottom lip when she looked back at him. She wasn’t typically coy, or playing hard to get. Yet, she also didn’t want to appear desperate. Of course, if she had been desperate, that would have been easy to do with many men she’d fed on. “Dancing usually makes me think of other types of dancing. The type that usually leads to..." Her lips pursed and smirked before a breathy worth released from her mouth. Hallelujah...” Referencing the word from earlier that could have been an interpretation of Cohen’s lyrical innuendo.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Could it be your choice in potential company?", he says before quickly clarifying, "Not that there is anything wrong with either per se, but having a professional relationship that is friendly is one thing. When we allow others to see us without the mask we make for ourselves it quite another. It is an earnest leap of faith."

Jacque smiles at her interest in Trivia, "If you're feeling up to it sometime I'd love to bring you along." He chuckles to himself, "You may actually do me a favor. They tend to get a little crabby with one player teams and our strengths may play well off of each other. I will forewarn you though, the pubs are rarely as five star quality as Smoke and Glass."

Had his heart not been long dead it would have fluttered at the sensation of Vivian's graze. Leaning in closer to her he whispers, "Truth be told, neither am I." He pulls back with a playful smile before returning to a normal volume, "I will make no claim to impress you with any moves out there, but I do at least have an ear for rhythm and can with upmost certainty say that I won't step on your toes and you'll always look better comparatively. As long as we're having fun I could not care less on whether or not we would qualify to 'dance with the stars' tonight."

Then the subtle lip bite caught his eye. The look Vivian gave was entrancing and the words that followed sealed his fate. Hinani, he thought to himself. He reached out with his left hand to gently caress the side of her face, "Then it is settled. We shall dance away the evening and when you've satisfied that first desire we'll find a quiet place to..." he pauses to give Vivian a promiscuous glance, "...Hallelujah"

Jacque slid his hand down the side of Vivian's arm, making his way down to embrace her hand, gently tugging at it as he began to shimmy his way to the door.

Blood Hunt:

V
    Vivian York

Vivian pondered her choice in company. Yet, she enjoyed her time with the two in particular. “I see what you mean. Although, wasn’t always a professional relationship. I’ve been friends with one individual for quite some time.” Yet now the Daeva realized that it may have been turning that way, and she wasn’t pleased with herself for this. She would have to render that situation soon. “It is something I will have to work on in that respect now that you’ve pointed that out.” She smiled as the wheels had turned in her head.

Laughing softly, she flicked her hand a little. “Rubbish. I happen to like going to out of the way little dives on occasion. Particularly truck stops. They’re usually full of interesting characters, and so easy to converse with, the kind I can sink my teeth into.” She winked playfully. “So don’t worry about impressing me with the place, it’s the experience and company that I would be joining you for.”

Rolling her eyes. “Oh I don’t even watch that show. I have a feeling it would be completely cringe-worthy, however, I have heard some have gotten quite good and have been impressing the audiences with unseen talents. I assure you, I wouldn’t compare to them either.” Chuckling while they started to leave the booth. She saw his glance, and it sent an almost forgotten tingling sensation through her body. His full on grasp of her hand brought forth the longing to skip the dancing, and go for the Hallelujah right there. Yet, she was having too much fun with the discovery of who this Ventrue was, and how a simple intelligent chat in Court turned into what she truly craved.

When she realizes they are walking toward the door, she playfully asks. “Are we being spontaneous and going to a dance club? There’s always the space over there if you’d rather not leave here.” Her head nodded to the small laminate floor on the other side of the room. “I will leave it to your decision where you care to cut a rug... Jack.” It was clear from her demeanor that it didn’t matter where they went, she was already excited and having a great time.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Do take my observations with a grain of salt, however. I know little of those two personally outside of their positions. My concern is that in such a short time in Sacramento I've seen that some of the Kindred of this Domain seem to have no reservations with stepping on the backs of others." He smiles as he gazes to Vivian, "Perhaps fresh eyes have me treading a bit overcautious. Then again, I would have never imagined our evening unfolding as it has." Emitting a benevolent sigh he adds, "You are remarkably enchanting."

Cracking a grin at the compliment he replies, "I look forward to it. I haven't quite made my way around town yet so it'll be a little adventure for the both of us."

Jacque stops in his tracks, realizing he's headed towards the door and has no earthly idea of what the hell he is actually doing*. Even if he had wanted to go to be spontaneous with the location he had no idea where it would be. Tightening up on his wits he lightly spun on his back heel to face Vivian, "Actually, let's save taking the city by storm for another night." Considering she owned the place, it seems advisable to stay where Vivian may have easy access to some private accommodations for their further dancing.

He looked down to her free hand, gently reaching to grasp it as well. He began to walk backwards towards the dance floor, playfully squeezing and tugging the ends of her fingers, enticing her to follow.

OOC*

Blood Hunt:

V
    Vivian York

Vivian's brows furrowed a bit. Hearing the stepping on backs comment was concerning. And yet, they were Kindred, she didn't expect any less of them. But, that conversation needed to be at another time, it could turn serious. "I hope tonight has made you see at least someone in a different light, with an entirely different impression."

The Daeva had no idea the evening would have went this way either. When the Ventrue wanted some of her time, she assumed it was for business, or something that he wanted in the Domain. She had high hopes that it was something else, and she was glad she her hopes weren't in vain. Hearing his choice of words for the compliment provoked a very pleasing smile on her lips. "I also didn't think the evening would be like this, engaging and splendiferous."

A second date was already planned, yet they hadn't even finished the night. This was truly a wonderful evening this far. The Lord's quick turn on his heels caught her with a slight surprise but nevertheless, a large smile. "That sounds delightful."

Walking with him, they stopped at the laptop and pulled up the 'dance music' list on the Amazon account. There was pretty much anything and everything in there, in sets of two per genre. It was a tavern and dance club standard, unless it was some niche club. She double tapped on a song, and it started to play. Unsure if it would be too fast, but the ones that would follow next would be just as good. It wasn't something that a pristine dancer had to do, it had a beat that anyone could follow at their own pace.

The Daeva was good at following the lead of men. She'd at least learned that skill from her Sire and put her hands in the appropriate places on Jacque, her hand in his at first, seeing exactly how he'd like to dance. "Please, feel free to lead me however you wish. Don't worry about perfection, this is already a lot of fun." Was he close enough to smell her Pure Poison perfume? She wondered if he was wearing any sort of cologne, and her senses would welcome the fragrance. It had been far too long and she suddenly felt like she may have forgotten many things about how to be up close and personal with the opposite sex. Yet, if this was a 'job' it would have come nearly robotic and muscle memory.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque's grin cracked wide at the introduction of the song. It seems Vivian's taste in music was quite eclectic. How fun... He was already feeling a bit more confident with her proclamation that she wasn't good at dancing. With her further reassurance he pulled her in closer, swaying his shoulders and hips and leading his motions with gentle pushes and pulls from his wrists along with a simple two step dance with quarter turns on the 8 counts to first feel out their synergy.

However I wish... He leans in, purposefully grazing her cheek with his and sings along softly, "Don't you worry my friend, I'll take care. Take my hand, I'll take it there." From this stance, Jacque notices the scent of Vivian's perfume and closes his eyes to take it in. He had not worn a fragrance this evening, having only prepared enough for talk of domain business and the potential for casual dancing. Between the floral scent, hints of citrus and proximity of Vivian his Beast makes another plea for retreat. He kisses Vivian's neck just above the shoulder, a soft sign of resolve to dismiss the Beast- its power being no match for the strength of his desire.

Blood Hunt:

V
    Vivian York

The simple touch of her cheek flowed through her being. She was already enchanted with his dancing, whether it was wonderful or not, she was enraptured. Vivian was a little baffled that the Ventrue was familiar with the song. "Oh my..." She hardly had the words to react. The song wasn't exactly something played everywhere, or at least she thought. She'd first heard it on the Book of Faces with a music video and then she was hooked.

Swaying along while he lead, each simple turn drew her further in. The rhythm moving through both of them and giving cause for getting a little closer each time. Which must have been close enough for what happened next. The kiss on the nape of her neck sent her reeling. Had it been so long that her body hadn't been worshiped by lips?

Taking her hand that wasn't in his, she let it slide over Jacque's chest. This was more than just lovely, it felt natural and freeing. Her fingers played up to his neck and flirted with his collar at his neck. A single fingernail slowly teased his bare skin and she looked up with a smile. "Jack, you are full of surprises..." Her eyes were wanting, and completely focused on his. She knew he was a Lord and what it meant to look him in the eyes for a brief moment. Vivian paused in her dancing, and reached up with her lips to kiss his neck this time while fighting the urge to jump and wrap her legs around him.

The song switched, it still had a dance beat, but it was more sultry it seemed. Of course, she wasn't really paying attention to the lyrics.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The touches reciprocated from Vivian were alluring. She seemed almost lost, using her hand and fingers to explore and tease across his chest and up to his neck. He was awestruck to see her eyes gazing back into his. He had been so fixated on her's most of the evening but rarely do other Kindred dare to look into a Lord's. She is an intelligent, powerful woman and it was surprising to see her allow herself to be vulnerable to him. The feeling was nothing short of divine for the proud Ventrue.

Maybe there's nothing that I could mesmerize her into doing that she isn't already willing to do of free will. Maybe she's just comfortable with me. Maybe it is bo-

His thoughts are interrupted by the pause in dance and the touch of Vivian's lips. The song changed but he remained still save for his hand sliding down across her back, taking in the feeling and jolt through his body. As she pulled back from his neck he looked back into her eyes with a sultry expression.

Glancing away to the room he asks, "Do you happen to have a more private 'dance floor' hidden away somewhere in this fine establishment? Or did you have somewhere else in mind?" He smiles, looking back into her eyes awaiting the answer.

Blood Hunt:

V
    Vivian York

The Daeva wasn't a stranger to playing on the passions of men. Even some of the men of different clans, she had a few notes of how to attract them and hook them. And yet, Jacque wasn't like that, she wanted to let herself be a little carefree. In her past days, she'd already have a play by play mode in her head, now it was trying to be spontaneous.

She looked up again when the Lord pulled away, there was the tiniest moment of panic but it flitted by with the look in his eyes. He spoke, and she grinned ear to ear. "I have a place in mind, and it's not here..." She softly kissed him on the lips then with a turn, began to lead him out of the lower level room of her establishment, and on to the next.

Fade to black

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.