Ended
Watch

Red and Purple

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    V
    Vivian York

Vivian laughed loudly. "You would think Kindred would realize this in the grand scheme of things. To be obtuse, and demand things and think they'd get their way? I do not understand what possesses some to be such an annoyance and act entitled about matters."

"I think the Prince could probably use some unwinding and letting her hair down. She came out for New Years Eve and seemed to have a grand time. But, it's different when it's people who are close, as I'm sure you know. Less of having to keep up a façade. So, if you are free on some of these [days], we'll see what Her Majesty's schedule is and have an evening out."

She raised both of her hands and then quickly placed them on the desk. "Oh, is there any particular wine or spirit that you fancy? I can special order nearly anything." Maybe the Harpy didn't drink, even so, at least the Daeva would offer.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca offered a chuckle. "I have found that even with age Kindred are prone to poor choices and bad assumptions. Especially if they're men." Why did men always expect to have their every desire granted upon demand?

"I can only imagine the burden she must face as Prince. And after she punished the traitors I imagine she'd be even more concerned about appearances in court or who she can trust. I think some private time with just the two of us will certainly allow her to relax, at least some." There kind never truly relaxed around other Kindred, but even a little could help. "I believe I can be available those days. Just let me know when and I'll be there," she said with a smile.

"You know, from time to time I do enjoy a nice Cabernet Sauvignon. Or sometimes a gin martini. How about yourself?

V
    Vivian York

Vivian jotted down those days, so she would have them ready when she sent word to Ale. "I agree, I think she needs to unwind, and probably more than most of us." She wondered how Asa did it, the constant barrage of demands of morons, or others seeking land or favors. "I think she will find her niche in due time, but it wasn't until the last few months that several irritations came up. Some far worse than others." Her eyes widened and she shook her head slightly.

Yet the subject of drinks was on the table. "We typically have that at the ready at Smoke and Glass, so that shouldn't be a problem for either of what you wish."

She rarely told anyone, but thought Rebecca may find it amusing. "I typically order a French 75, which is the mostly champagne. It's from memories of the old life, and the lemon smell makes me happy, when I can smell it. Sometimes I fancy a Gimlet and on occasion, I love a Brandy Alexander." A nostalgic smile came to her lips when she mentioned the last cocktail. She could still remember the first one she'd had.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"The burden of leadership is more than most can bare, though I know that Her Majesty is up for any challenge, and is the one in the domain most suited to handle it." Rebecca was certain Ale was the right person to be Prince.

With a smile she said, "very good. I look forward to drinking at the Smoke and Glass. And I might have to give your selection a taste. It sounds absolutely elegant and delightful." Rebecca's eyes drifted away and became wistful. "Sometimes it's nice to have reminders of our old lives. I know there are things in my past that I long for, even to this day." She longed for Martinez, even though he would scold her for lingering in her emotions even this long.

V
    Vivian York

"Oh, I fully agree. Yet, she's handled it splendidly so far. I'm very proud of her." Vivian paused, and fluttered her brows. "I must remember to tell her that in person. No matter how old we get, we can always do with uplifting compliments." She smiled genuinely. "And I think as the years go on, we often forget to say it out loud."

"What is one thing that you long for that you miss? I sometimes miss certain food. Granted, I've eaten say truffle chocolates, but it doesn't seem quite the same as I remember it."

Should we start wrapping up so we can go have some fun with Ale?

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"So true. We all may be predators of the night, but even we need to be reminded of the good things from time to time. Compliments should always be welcome," she said with a smile.

Rebecca put a hand to her chin as she thought. "Food is certainly something I miss. If I had to pick one thing though it would have to be a warm freshly baked Appletart. Like you said, it just doesn't taste the same after the embrace, like I can't taste the heart within the food. I really miss that," she said almost wistfully.

I'm fine wrapping up. Thank you so much for the scene and I look forward to the three of them meeting.

V
    Vivian York

That was something Vivian had long forgotten about. "Wow, that was very mind blowing. I hadn't given that much thought, although I've tried not to eat since I don't like what is necessary afterwards." She gave a half chuckle.

"Well I look forward to seeing you at Smoke and Glass. I will send a message to both you and the Prince when the date is set. Thank you for staying and chatting, I do so enjoy talking with you."

Excellent, I will start a scene once I know Ale is clear to join. Save a place on your dance card!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.