Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

"Oh."

Was this how the others felt with his own lack of activities? He was lost on how to respond and felt foolish for the endeavor. The mannequin runs his hand through his hair, "Things will get more secure. I've been talking to others and laying out the logic, making them feel safer," that was his job, wasn't it?

"This isn't work, though."

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

Pierce gave an amused smile. At least this particular Summer Courtier was bringing it. That was good. Summer was about action, not words, and the fact that Fawkes was taking action was good. Winter alone could not correct the security situation. It took all parties, investing, if it were to happen.

"I suppose it is a question of what you define as work, Mr. Fawkes. For me, the things I do for money are as natural and ingrained as breathing. A quiet word here. An item replaced there. A whisper, creating action or change. These things are my world, and they say that when you do what you love, you never work a day in your life."

He chuckled quietly. Mirthfully. It might have been the first mirthful moment he had had since getting here.

"Convincing children who think that they know better, or worse, who don't care... teaching them that they are better off making promises and keeping them... to me, that is work. It is good that it is not work for you. That bodes well for the future. Once, I was like you. Things changed, but I have respect for what Security does nevertheless."

Pierce produced his credit card, placing it on the side of the table for the waitress to collect. American Express. That he had one at all suggested either an impressive fake identity, or the genuine article.

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Renewal Required:

PRE

The mannequin times a nod here and there while the Wizened speaks—a learned behaviour to let the other know his blank expression wasn't daydreaming or some other form of conscious detachment. At the laugh, he mirrors another dry chuckle; murmuring something about discipline and role models at the mention of children.

Fawkes stares at Maxwell for a moment, trying to imagine the man as one of the Crimson Soldiers.

"Something happened," he said simply.

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

Maxwell J. Pierce didn't peer back; the waitress came with a card reader and he pressed a few buttons in quick-fire to get the transaction going. "Something happened," he repeated, in agreement.

Silence followed.

Plainly, that was all the reply he would be giving at this point. A hand came out for a shake.

"I look forward to our next meeting, Mister Fawkes."

Wrap it up so it's on the books?

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

Active Pledges:

Renewal Required:

PRE

Fawkes locks the grey and faded hand in a connection this time, rather than a forced symbol of sterile allegiance.

"Agreed."

Thanks for the great scene!

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread