Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 16
DISPLAYED
Seeking Summer's Sovereign

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

As if in answer Simon begins setting up his easel and placing the canvas on it. He pulls a few boxes over to act as a surface and begins setting out paints, solutions, brushes, and other tools.

Eventually his work area is set up facing a well lit area near the windows. Simon picks up his palette and begins mixing paints, shades of silver grey and rusty browns.

"Strike a pose you feel is befitting to the King of Summer and we can begin."

PRE

Rust coughs, looking a bit embarrassed, then takes a photographic pose. That seems appropriate. An image of a camera, black velvet. A school gymnasium. Indistinct faces in a book. Someone says smile.

Rust does not smile. The swirling memory draws his expression flat. He tuns shoulder and pulls his hands behind his back, claws visible. HIs tail flicks about despite Rust's effort to 'hold still'.

Simon sets to work putting brush to canvas. The reclusive Wizened concentrates on the painting, using varied strokes, brushes, and tools to turn the paint into art. Nimble fingers manipulate the implements with fae grace and aptitude.

21 suxx

About two hours later, Simon steps away from the painting and looks it over carefully. His scrutinizing look soon turns to a small smile. Looking back up at Rust he says "It's finished."

Turning the easel around he shows the Summer King his portrait. It shows Rust posed much as he had, a determined expression upon his metallic lion-like features, a decidedly regal bearing. Stark blue arcs of lightning emanate from the Beast Changeling in a few various places. All in all it's quite well done.

"What do you think?"

PRE

"It's great. I like it." Rust stretches a bit, it had been a while since the last break. "I have an idea how to unveil it. Your word deserves recognition. Can you get it to the festival early? Bates will be able to store it until the 'Big Reveal'."

"It needs a little time to dry, but I'll get it to the venue before the festival. Right after I finish up here, in fact." Simon replies, packing up his tools.

PRE

Rust offers hand in thanks and offers to help the Wizened clean up, then locks up behind him.

Thanks Prem. great scene bro

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread