Ended
Watch
71 - 80
DISPLAYED
Mekhet Clan Meeting

Page 8 of 10 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last
    C
    Conner Greyson

"Traditionally, in Sacramento, the Whip has been the second in command to the Priscus. But that is not traditionally what the position is for. The title of Whip is one that is responsible for inspiring the clan to present a united front. A be strong in matters that effect the whole clan from an outside source. And to keep the Priscus in check. It is a position that I do not feel the Priscus should select. I should not choose someone to make sure I am doing my duty. The Clan, those I work for, should choose that person." Conner said, his voice intellegent but calm like a monk reciting some buddihst doctoren, explaining to the group why he was not choosing a Whip.

Amelita Cardoso, BP1

Amelita nodded, glancing over the gathered with a cautious smile.

"Sounds like a big responsibility. Family's important to me, though. Very important. I'd like to put myself up for Whip, but I don't think many of you know me too well. I'd understand if that put you off the idea."
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

"Perhaps those seeking the position of whip should endure a trial? A demonstration of fealty to the clan, perhaps a quest or task to be completed?"
    David offers his suggestion, and then continues. "The Daeva recently held a court, presenting a unified face and pleasant time to all the other clans, perhaps something similar be presented as the task to become the whip?"
    If someone could herd our entire clan into helping plan and execute a party of that scale, they would be a whip, whether or not it was official.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris nods serious to Conner, a Whip was important. Hearing the others, he smiles friendly Amelita: 'With the great number of newer additions to the domain, no one really knows everybody. So becoming Whip will be a good opportunity.' And the older residents, who everybody does know, have enough titles already.

'I must admit I have interest in the title as well. I've only recently returned to the domain, but the previous time I was here I've had some... experiences already.' And he shortly looks at Conner, the one who would certainly know of the first one he meant, then his eyes shift to Max, the one who he fought next to against Ebeneezer MacAntaghee. 'And I think some sort of trial is realizable,' Chris nods to his Hierophant, 'though we should think of something together of course.'

And I don't think something similar as the Daeva Court would be a good idea, namely because the 'Erika Brady' type of persons are not the ones I see throwing a good party.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Amelita Cardoso, BP1

"This whole trial thing makes the position sound like a cheap prize or something. Something we don't really need and want to give away in a contest."

Amelita looked cautiously to Conner before continuing. She wouldn't want to wait however long it'd take for a party to happen for a Whip.

"I think we should just try to find out - as family - who the best person for the position is. Maybe start by asking those interested why they're interested."

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner merely holds out a hand inviting the Brazilian to start the process.

Amelita Cardoso, BP1

"Family was the only thing that kept me going for most of this life. Where I come from, the Mekhet are very close, very aware of each other. It wasn't always pleasant, but it taught me a lot; how to get by, how to read the world, how to belong in this dead body. It helped all of the anger and the fear inside. I'd be happy to help make any cousin in the way that I was."

Amelita's confidence grew as she spoke. Her eyes moved around the table.

"Maybe things in Sac aren't as tight-knit as I'm used to, but I still see that we're a proud clan. In this room we have two Regents, a Herald, a Reeve and a Deputy. Regent Brady already supports the new blood that comes in, offering a place to stay and drink. I don't know how the other clans do it, but I feel lucky to belong to this clan in this town and I'm eager to help keep things that way however I can. If serving as Whip means doing that, then I'd like to be Whip."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Lucky? Not a word one often hears in connection with this condition...

Martha toyed with her hat less and less the more Amelita spoke as her attention gravitated to the striking lady.

Nodding, she found herself given much to think about in the soliloquy. Martha nodded respectfully to Amelita - there was a lot Martha now wanted to talk to Amelita about, though this was not the time - and looked about the room to test the apparent reactions of others.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner's head turned slowly to Chris, "Mister Wooding?" It was an invitation.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris listens to Amelita and is a bit amazed. Surely she would be a good Whip, however, he wouldn't crawl back now. He starts with a smile to Amelita, 'Thank you Amelita... I know now that even if my speech won't be striking enough, we still have a good Whip.' A short grin before he takes a deep breath, a natural habit which hadn't disappeared yet.

'Even though I've been interrupted twice by the long sleep, I already see most of you as my close family. I fought next to you,' his eyes slightly move to Max and Conner, 'and I have fought against you. Such experiences strengthen our bond. But of course it's not about me, it's about us all as a Clan. And with my slight step ahead I want you to feel that same feeling of a family as well, I want to strengthen all of our bonds. I didn't return to Sacramento for nothing.'

'In San Francisco I didn't know any family like Amelita did in her past, but I know that therefore it is something I wish to create here. And even despite political or religious differences, I know we should be one clan together.'

'Well, we're on our way already,'
    his eyes move to the two Regents. Amelita had explained the clan's position already, very well, 'yet I think I can be nice enough to everybody to keep that good progress going better and better.' He ended with a slight tone of humor. That was just him.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Page 8 of 10 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.