Ended
Watch
181 - 189
DISPLAYED
Meet'n'Greet, take 2

Page 19 of 19 First ... 9 15 16 17 18 19
    D
    DreamsofDesire

Magpie tilts her head to the side as she maintains eye contact with Joshua. There's no sign of anger in her face, but rather the tight lips and furrowed brow of a teacher explaining something in detail. She calmly and sincerely says, "I objected to rude behavior, and received no response. I objected to illegal behavior, and received no response. Both times, I said please. He not only disrespected me, but a law and the rights of this establishment. I refuse to put up with that, and I don't feel that anyone else should have to, either. Why should I show him the respect of letting that one go when he didn't respect anyone with what he did?" She pauses a moment before adding, "My only intent was to bring attention to his misbehavior, and I don't think I've done any other harm in that department. I've apparently angered you, which is unfortunate. I agree that this isn't the most ideal way to meet, but at least it's honest, and everyone here has learned something about someone today. I'd rather be hated for who I am than liked for who I'm not."

After finishing her exposition, she awaits a reply.

Technique

Tech, though wanting to flip the fuck out, is still a soldier. Is still soldier enough to follow orders, to obey, to listen to his First. With a scowl, he looks past Joshua to Maggot, and lifts the spellwork off the wretch. Still glaring at her as Josh walks back, he says, more to himself than anyone in particular, "Cruz mí otra vez, perra, y los malos poner una bala en su cerebra."

Business settled - or postponed, at the least - he turns to the door, thoughts of women, booze, and money far from his mind now.

D
    DreamsofDesire

Magpie turns to Tech to respond to his soliloquy, asking, "¿Es así como tu madre te crió?"

PRE

At the stream of Spanish from Magpie Joshua turns to look at Tech. Giving the best cold stare he can, he gives a shake of his head before turning back to her. He steps in between the two of them for good measure. "I thought magpies were supposed to be smart," he says. "I can respect someone for having the strength of their convictions, believe me, but you need to learn to pick your battles and gain some basic survival instincts. If there wasn't someone to keep this from escalating I guarantee you'd end up beaten to death in an alley just because you wouldn't stop provoking him. And he may be caught, and he may be punished, but you'd still be dead. Because that's what happens when little birds toy with predators. So next time think things through a little."

He checks over his shoulder to be sure Tech is still on the way out and adds, "I will speak with him about the inappropriateness of his behavior--his magic, not his cigar, I could give a shit about his cigar--and I will tell him what I am telling you: You don't pull these stunts. He shouldn't be casting spells here, and you shouldn't be having tantrums and getting noticed in front of Sleepers. You got a bone to pick, you can ask for a Duel at Consilium. Otherwise don't waste my time because I have better things to do than babysit grownups who don't have a lick of sense."

D
    DreamsofDesire

Magpie meets Joshua's eyes again, saying "I apologize for the risk of unwanted attention, but let me be clear. He provoked me. I'll keep your concern for privacy in mind, but don't act like I'm the provocateur here. If he wants a shred of respect from me, he needs to show me the decency of responding to me when I say something. And this isn't an alley, and I'm not alone, so don't pretend we have to live in the same state of fear every second of our lives. This little bird isn't going to let some thug with an attitude problem fuck with her, because what I'd say isn't smart is letting a predator feel welcome near the nest." If she realizes how cheesily she continued that metaphor, she seems hell bent on not laughing at it right now.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

The glow of new spellwork catches Animus' eye, and a spark of rage runs through him as the scene unfolds. Animal mannerisms, usually more or less hidden, creep closer to the surface, but the Thyrsus holds himself in check, forcibly reminding himself to let the Sentinel do his job. Not trusting himself to keep from adding to the spectacle, he turns and silently leaves the club.

PRE

It's hard, but Joshua suppresses the urge to roll his eyes--shutting them, instead, and taking a moment to let out a slow, hopefully calming breath.

No. That's not working.

"You're right. There's no need to be afraid," he says to Magpie, eyes opening. "You are absolutely safe. And that sort of idiocy is why people like you will always need people like me." Having felt he's said all he can say, he turns on his heel and stalks to the door, following the general exodus of wizards.

D
    DreamsofDesire

"You say its stupid, but I've just learned something very important. Now I know that he's a loose canon, and that I can trust you. Thanks for what you're doing, I really do appreciate it. I'll see you around," she tells him as he leaves, winking.

"So I wonder what else I should do tonight."

D
    DreamsofDesire

"Well, good night everyone. I'll just see my self out," says Abigail, and leaves the bar.

Page 19 of 19 First ... 9 15 16 17 18 19
Closed Thread