Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

Anasztaz stood among the different boxes, bubble wrap and the new things they had got for the house. There wasn't a chance he'd get it all in decent shape, so he didn't even try. He never thought futility exercises were a good work out routine.

There was a knock on the door, and not expecting any other guests he went and opened without delay.

"Hello, Ariana. Come in."

Ariana had left her office at the Bee and Felix had drove her to the house once again. She had found a little time to begin practicing on the piano. Refreshing herself with a musical score once again. It was not coming back to her as fast as she had hoped, since it was many years ago.

Wearing a long black flowing skirt and a grape colored blouse, Ariana had entered when she was greeted. "Good evening, Anasztaz." Smiling as she spoke. She had already noticed something was different.

"I was very much looking forward to our next meeting." Anasztaz said as he closed the door behind them.

"I apologize again, this time the place is a different mess. Amelita has moved in we've been trying to remodel. We got some furniture and a new TV."

"Miss Cardoso has moved in?" Ariana asked politely. She glanced around as they walked to the room with the piano. "You do not have to worry about cleaning up for me, I have mentioned this before." She said kindly.

"Is she home this evening?" She asked, and to a keen eye, it was noticeable that she was not relaxed. She wondered if she had made a mistake coming over. Then again, she was interested in a lesson as well.

"Not at the moment." Anasztaz shook his head.

"She is most promising, I am so fortunate to have stumbled upon her. I couldn't have asked for more."

Anasztaz indicated towards the new black leather sofa before he approached it and took a seat himself.

"Please, be comfortable."

"I only met her briefly at the last Court. She seems splendid from what I could tell." Ariana spoke while she sat down on the sofa with a little distance from Anasztaz, as she crossed her legs.

"It is very fortunate when we meet people that are as such." She said smiling, yet there was no intonation in her voice. She recalled Anasztaz mentioning her at the restaurant where he was performing.

"Yes. Fortunate." Anasztaz said, acquiescing with a bit of doubt in his tone. In truth he didn't believe in fortune, even though he had used the word himself. Everything was connected, it was a matter of being able to see the patterns.

"I truly hope that you enjoyed my performance. Mr. Greyson was quite detached, but I believe that might just be his state of being."

"He is just quite and reserved." Ariana said shaking her head a little. "I am sure he was enjoying himself." She did not wish for Conner to be any different, as there needed to be such a variety.

"I did indeed enjoy your performance." She smiled. "I was unsure if you wanted your name used, so I left the small paragraph obscure to such. Do not be surprised if you are asked to perform a few other places as well." Grinning with a bit of pride. Even though she was smiling, she felt a little tense.

"Something is amiss. Tell me." Anasztaz said, smirking.

"I admit to have put you to test during our last meeting, but I am not apologetic. It was necessary."

"Which meeting are you referring to?" Ariana was wondering if he meant the restaurant, or the last time she was at his house.

"What sort of test did you put me through?" She smiled inquisitively. "Why was it necessary?" Intentionally ignoring his other inquiry.

"As I've said it before, change is a tricky thing. You observe it as you trigger it and move it through the right path or it veers out of control." Anasztaz shook his head as if it was inadmissible.

"I am not that irresponsible when it comes to you. Nor would you like me to be. And regarding the nature of the tests... they were overt, you had some reactions. Now, tell me what is amiss. Please."

"Irresponsible when it comes to me? I am not quite sure I follow you." Her tone was still pleasant, more curious than anything.

She was unsure what reactions he found, she never really let on what she was thinking in public unless it came out of her mouth. "What reactions did you find? I am rather intrigued."

"I found reactions, I didn't find the source. You were at best uneasy in a couple of spots." Anasztaz said, as though he was explaining something she very well knew.

"You are walking in circles about my question. Please, it is not polite."

"I apologize." Speaking sincerely. Ariana pondered how to answer for a moment. "You mentioned change. Several things have changed. You have a woman living here now." She smiled. "Of course I am curious as to what that means." She understood about relationships in a requiem herself, but she knew nothing of his opinion or quite possibly Amelita's.

She put her finger to her lips for a second, trying to recall where she had been contrary. "Could you give me an example?" Her eyes turned in question as if still uncertain to one other thing. "What do you mean by irresponsible?"

"One answer and many questions, that is hardly fair." Anasztaz lifted his index finger admonishingly.

"I will answer nonetheless. Amelita is different ways my pupil and my teacher, we are close. The example you wish is the brief twitch in your eye I saw. I mean irresponsible as it'd be such, if I triggered change within you and didn't see and guide the outcome as it progressed so."

It had been a whole running answer, but hinted at that he had already thought out all each bit before actually answering.

"Now. What does it mean to you?"

Ariana had a slightly confused smile on her face. "Oh." Seeped through her lips. "I thought perhaps I was some sort of experiment for you. I was mistaken."

She laughed slightly, "You got all of that from watching my reactions to your comments and questions at the restaurant?" She smiled teasingly. "I did not think I gave anything away."

"I saw very little." Anasztaz shook his head. He leaned back against the couch and spread his arms around the length of the headrest.

"I am merely responding to your questions, that's it. You gave nothing, hence why I ask. I worry."

"What are you worried about?" Ariana still had barely moved since she sat down.

"I am still not use to acting candidly in many formats, unless privately, such as this." Her tone did slightly soften. Although after saying such words, she wondered if she was in fact acting relaxed.

"I did not expect such." Anasztaz creased his lips slightly.

"Nor was I trying to make you breach your own form of etiquette in public." he stopped briefly, taking a slight breath. "No matter."

He chose to not speak something, barely.

Ariana had started to realize the change he had hoped to instill may have back peddled with her slightly, or perhaps more. As she uncrossed her legs and slowly curled them under her, she was leaned slightly to his direction. Her shoulders had moved under the range of his hand. "Anasztaz tell me what you were going to say, please." Her smile was sweet, and apologetic.

"I am sorry if I frustrate you." She looked at him. "It is hard to adjust to a new normal."

"Your stoicism has become you." Anasztaz clenched his mouth shut after speaking his part.

"You have all rights to be annoyed at me. I spoke beyond what I should have in front of an acquaintance of yours. I wished, for once, your fury. I wished you to storm here and tell me how I was impertinent when you had done nothing but good to me. There has to be some feelings there beneath, I just haven't reached them yet."

If Anasztaz only knew that Conner was more than an acquaintance. Although Ariana was just as protective of him as Conner was of her. She would prefer that he address that issue.

"You were trying to make me angry? Or invoke some sort of rage?" She chuckled. "Why on earth would you do that?" She shook her head and her copper locks tossed slightly. "I think sometimes people stereo type the color of my hair." Ariana's fingers slipped her hair back over her shoulders.

"Because if I managed it, then it meant you felt something else. I made you feel lust, didn't I? Wrath was the next logical step." Anasztaz shrugged and looks aside, crossing his arms. His demeanor was somewhat childish, and one could wonder whether that too was deliberate.

"It is really no matter. In truth I didn't want your anger, I took my risk in a controlled environment and in an intensity I could manage, I expected a reaction I could defuse here. You simply didn't react to my move, is all."

"What would you like me to feel?" The smile on Ariana's face was still there, but just as curious. "Why is wrath the next logical step? Are you attempting to have me go through the 'seven deadly sins'?" There was a hint of humor in her voice as she smirked, hoping to segue away from the lust question.

She was still leery about letting her guard down. "Anasztaz, why have a reaction over little things such as the restaurant? It is not really logical to become drastic over something as simple as what happened there." Her hand to the outside of the couch looked as if it may have been moving toward him, yet it quickly changed directions and adjusted her hair unnecessarily. "Perhaps something audacious is needed to bring forth such a reaction from me." There was a hint of invitation in her voice, that possibly her subconscious brought forth.

"They are in many ways similar, intense and hard to control. Primal. You'd have acted outside your norm while under it." Anasztaz turned to Ariana.

"Either way, I am mostly frustrated as I do not like taking risks that don't pay off, but no harm was done."

He waves it off, and with it his demeanor shifts drastically, where he looked frustrated a moment ago now it seemed as though it had never happened. Inching closer to her, he gives her an amused look through narrowed eyes.

"But something audacious? You thwart every one of your own advances towards me, so you want me to take one? Perhaps it'd help, but you cannot continue being exclusively reactive."

Even though Ariana could not bear to to change her ways in public, she still wondered about the private side. Spending her requiem as a bird in a cage made interaction difficult for her.

"What risks were you attempting to take?" She held a curious tone that matched her voice.

"I have explained before that I do not have much experience in private matters." She turned her head slightly as she met his eyes. "Though, my attempts thus far have failed quite miserably." The smile which penetrated her lips was apologetic in nature.

"Triggering your anger. Isn't that enough a risk?" Anasztaz snickered amusedly.

He looked around the room and frowned slightly. One thing was his composition on ruin and decay, another thing was all this modern trash spread about. It'd look great once they finished remodeling, but for now the place was a disaster.

"Either way. Thank you for your review, it was very flattering."

Her fingers moved to her lips as if toying with a thought. "Is triggering my anger your only goal?" She smiled and slipped her hand back to her thigh.

"Hopefully the review will procure more work for you. Some people do read the fine print." She smirked slightly. In lieu of his new house mate, she was not entirely sure she should pursue flirting.

"We already went over it. It was an isolated test and a natural step forward. I cannot keep pursuing it now that you are aware, it won't yield the right results." Anasztaz shrugged briefly, closing his eyes, trying to denote helplessness.

"I'll have to rethink my approach. But... have you noticed any changes yet? Internally, have you found yourself any different?"

Perhaps Anasztaz's body language was a signal for her to quit trying, or that he changed the subject. Ariana was still relaxed although she detested talking about herself. Smiling a little, she answered. "I am not entirely certain I have noticed anything. I am, however, taking a little time to do a few things such as practicing piano. Although it feels rather selfish."

Her eyes looked slightly distant, as ifs he was reassessing what she had just said.

Anasztaz reached forward for her hand, bringing it back with his.

"Don't drift away. We are past this." he gave her a playful look. Although he hadn't wished to take an initiative this time, she wasn't ready to take one of her own. He beckoned her closer.

"Tell me about your progress on the piano. It is also important. It is all connected."

Ariana wished she was past her past. This time when he touched her hand, there was no sign that she would pull away. She smiled more, mainly at the change of subject. "Refreshing my knowledge of notes and etc. was easier than I thought. Now it seems when I play something fundamental, that my fingers trip on each other here and there." Her hand went up to demonstrate as she spoke.

She laughed slightly, "It is a little vexing. I suppose its as if I am learning a different type of dance. Perhaps I should view it as such." She smiled as a finger involuntarily brushed back and forth on Anasztaz's hand.

"Perhaps. I was never a great dancer so I wouldn't really know." Anasztaz responded, reaching forward to play with a buckle of her hair between his fingers. He was glad she had an interest in the art; learning music was a great catalyst for change and it was a subtle form of expression.

"You'll be pacing me soon enough, I have no doubt."

"Dancing, yet another thing I should continue with, although I am not a Daeva." Ariana laughed a little.

She leaned in a little her hand gently squeezed Anasztaz's "When someone is as skilled as you are, the pace you set is a lot to live up to." She smiled with a wink. "It will take much more practice to do so."

"Blood doesn't dictate everything we are or everything we do, do remember that." Anasztaz frowns slightly. He was too aware of his blood and of what was expected of it.

He couldn't fault her, and he didn't want to make her recoil, so he invited her closer. They had been sitting apart for long enough.

Sliding closer to him, almost touching leg to leg, Ariana shifted her position and crossed her skirted leg in his direction. "I am beginning to realize that now." Nodding softly in agreement. Although Bainsworth had told her entirely the opposite. Her hand still with his, laid softly upon her lap.

"Yet unfortunately the blood dictates so many other things." Her eyes gave a flicker, which also pulled at the corner of her smile.

"Elaborate, if you may." Anasztaz asked, arching his brow.

He didn't want to push her further for now, she was slowly easing into comfort. He had made the first move and now it was her turn to adjust to it at her own pace.

"There are many properties of the blood, like our gifts and curses, but rarely it dictates who we are."

"There seems to be expectations. Sometimes it seems if one does not follow those, they are looked down upon." Ariana was conversational as she started tracing her fingers along Anasztaz's arm. "I think some expect me to be rude or domineering because of Lordly blood."

"Perhaps such as mortals, we have some of the same characteristics. Not seeing further than the color of ones skin, their appearance or clan. I guess being judgmental supersedes into everything." Stopping abruptly and smiling, "I apologize, this may be the first time I have ever discussed this with anyone." Shaking her head and resting it on his arm on the back of the sofa.

"Isn't that why we are here? You don't need to apologize." Anasztaz said, shaking his head.

"And I guess I see what you mean. The organization of your family might seek to force you down an acceptable path for one of your kind. True. My family is hardly bound by such tight confines. Nonetheless, it should be a compromise of who you want to be and who you are. You are not a prisoner to someone's whims."

Her eyes changed slightly at the word prisoner, yet she continued speaking. "I do suppose you are correct. I need to find what is acceptable to me." Her fingers making broader strokes along Anasztaz's arm.

"Perhaps I spend too much time thinking, instead of doing." Chuckling a little. "Maybe to be a bit compulsive instead of calculating."

"As you say." Anasztaz nodded slightly.

He reached forward and described the shape of her collar with his fingers, raising his gaze to look into her eyes. So far he had been refraining from initiating any other contact, but she seemed to be easing back into comfort somewhat.

"Without knowing where you want to be, you won't know in which direction you want to start."

Ariana slipped her hand to his face as she looked into his eyes. Enjoying the gentle touch. "I believe I have begun to walk in the path I was searching for." Her face moving closer to his as a rapacious smile slipped onto her lips.

"I think I am taking a step in the right direction." Her eyes had embers dancing within.

"Then tell me. What is it that you are looking for, seeker?" Anasztaz asked with overacted solemnity and a smirk.

"Where do you want me to guide you?"

Ariana quickly had a glint in her eye. "Well then." She got up abruptly and walked over to the piano, sitting down. She sat down and flashed and inviting and flirty look. Playing a few keys, much better than she had before. "Teach me how to play a run?" She smirked.

"How is that for sporadic?" She laughed and played a few more keys. Ariana thought she was becoming predictable, even though she still could not admit how much she wanted him.

"It is good progress." Anasztaz nodded contently from the couch, standing and heading towards her.

"If at first I thought it was the music and not the musician, now I am beginning to think it is the piano. Something is definitely amiss, either way."

He was probably right about thwarting her own efforts. Ariana's fingers tried to do what she had been attempting in practice. It was very awkward sounding as she slipped on the keys. "What could be amiss?" She asked sweetly.

"No Anasztaz, it is still the musician." She spoke when she turned away from his gaze, to avert the fire still in her eyes. It has always been the musician, she thought.

"Yes, yes. You say that." Anasztaz said with false and overacted indignation.

He crossed his arms and carefully observed her play. There was still a lot of room to improve, but she had potential.

"Don't rush so much. Play it slower if you must, as you build the muscle memory you'll be able to do it faster. You're throttling yourself."

Ariana slowed her playing a bit. Her slender fingers taping the keys as she went. "You do not believe me?" She spoke while looking at her hands. She was holding herself back, perhaps distracting the mood somehow.

"I believe in many things. Most of them true." Anasztaz spoke idly as he continued assessing her play. The position of her wrists was right, her fingers were deft enough, it'd just take her some time.

Laughing slightly as she continued playing. "Will you elaborate or am I to guess?" Her fingers slipped a little either from lack of concentration or because she sped up.

She may have been stalling, although she thought she might have made the mood go sour. Since this had become typical for her for so long. He was unfamiliar to her, unlike the opaqueness she kept close.

"We have been here before. I told you I didn't and you told me you'd show me. And you did. Somewhat." Anasztaz smirked mischievously.

"If I am to expect the same result, I can definitely act being truly insecure and say I do not. But last I remember the result wasn't fully satisfactory, so..."

Ariana's hands fell on the keys. He called her bluff. She turned to Anasztaz, the fire fierce in her eyes. "Yes, I remember how unpleasant it was."

She moved to kneel on the bench and pulled him to close. "How do I remove your insecurities?" She spoke softly.

"So you'd rather have me act?" Anasztaz didn't resist the pull in any way, approaching. "Very well."

He looked upwards momentarily, seeking the character to impersonate and bringing it front and center of his mind.

"I don't think there's any way for you to achieve thus, Ariana. We both know the answer. It is futile."

His tone was overloaded with self-victimization, deliberately. He barely could keep his face straight.

Wrapping her arms around his neck. She chuckles, "I did not mean like that."

Ariana leaned in, pressing her lips softly to his. It may have seemed like there was a lot built up as she slipped her fingers into his hair. Her beast growled slightly within, but she ignored it.

Anasztaz in turn wrapped his arms around her and returned the kiss softly. His impulse is subdued, they have gone through this once and now he was prepared. He was approaching it cautiously this time, knowing how fragile and fleeting the moment was. His Beast coiled in his chest tight, hesitant, in wait.

Jerking slightly feeling the beast grumble inside, she pulled him as close as possible. Her hands moved over his shoulders, pulling his hair back. She released his lips and kissed her way down his neck. They were fevered and erratic, waiting for his next move.

They had been here before, he thought, steeling his own wish to let go. He remained passionate but in control, closing his eyes to enjoy the touch of the lips down his neck. He lets her build, trying the borders of her advance he lets her withdraw before working the buttons of her blouse. His eyes locked on her, assessing her progress.
    Anasztaz Veres | Presence ••• (Pleasant) | BP •• | SL •• (Androgyny) | Nosferatu (Alien Beauty) | Vitae 4/11 | WP 4/4

A
    Ariana Donovan

As Ariana had moved from his neck, her eyes caught site of the television and other items once again. She had been caught up in her own desires, nearly overlooking the setting around her. It changed so much from the time before. She took Anasztaz's hands and pulled them down, there was an obvious ache in her hands that resonated through her demeanor. Sorrow was in her eyes as she spoke plainly. "This is not fair to whom which you share your house. What of Miss Cardoso? I do not think you fully explained the situation with her." She was suddenly calculating. She was not jealous, Ariana knew where she stood with another.

Anasztaz ponders for a moment, and it was true that the conditions had changed. Perhaps in ways he hadn't sought to fully grasp. His old vices had taken center on his decisions more often than he'd care to admit.

"You bring a point." he says plainly, although surprisingly devoid of regret. He was content with the dynamics that were in play with the Shadow, and didn't - even under the present situation - consider them a mistake.

Truly, he hadn't had any sort of meaningful connection since the nights of his Sire. His comprehension on expectations was at best vague.

"Although our encounter precedes it, Amelita and I have become close. We haven't discussed this and it is a delicate matter, it is perhaps best we cease."

Composure resumed quickly in Ariana's demeanor and she smiled again. "The order of occurrences should not matter. She lives here now. There is also the one you wish to bring to our Night. She may also become close." She staved off the ache in her voice.

"I am considerate of others in matters such as these." Ariana stood from the bench and moved to him. She leaned in and looked in his eyes, hers were still wanton. She softly spoke "When you want me, I am ready."

He simply nodded. What could he possibly say?

"Thank you." he says at last, after a second too long. It wasn't in reference to her offer, rather to her prudence. She had averted a complication he had no interest in facing.

“Anasztaz, please do not let this be the end of our friendship.” Ariana looked to him, hoping to meet his eyes. She still held a soft smile. “I value your opinion as well as your advise. I hope that we remain confidants.” Her voice sincere. She would hate for all they had built to be abolished after tonight.

"I would like to keep it that way." Anasztaz says, nodding. Truly he appreciated her past their clandestine encounters, he didn't that to change.

"Besides, you still have much room for improvement on the piano. You will still need me to tutor you for a bit longer, I am afraid."

"You are correct. I do need improvement." She laughed a little. "A bit longer? Do keep up with your pace, it may take more than that." She smirked.

Ariana realized this may be harder than she thought. She cared for him more than she thought she would. She knew the solution though. Not that he would like it.

"Perhaps I should go for the remainder of the evening. Please let me know when you are free for tutoring again." She grinned softly.

Anasztaz nods, looking around the place once more and flinching slightly.

"There will be some works happening in the house, so it may not be fit for a lesson for some time. If you manage to secure a piano somewhere else I would be able to assist you with your lessons nonetheless. Just let me know."

“I believe I have an idea.” Ariana she continued. “One does wonder what sparks change in people, such as working on the house.” She winked.

She walked to the couch and grabbed her purse. Looking at Anasztaz again before walking to the hall to the front door. “Good night, Mr. Veres.”

"Good evening, Ariana." Anasztaz says, smiling warmly. Her sudden change was dangerous, he feared scorn might be sinking in or that any progress he made with her was becoming undone and she was shutting back in herself.

"Are you certain you wish us to remain confidants?" he tilts his head to the side slightly. "I would really like that, I am very fond of your company. But I'd understand."

Ariana’s eyes widened slightly at her name again. It seemed he was forcing her to keep her momentum. “I am certain of it. I am also very fond of your company.” The change Anasztaz spoke of, she was not ready for, but she would try regardless.

Walking to him she took his hand and smiled, she did not look in his eyes. “Do not worry about me. You have others you need to be concerned for.” She still smiled while she continued. “I am not a selfish woman. When you find the time, you know where I am.”

"I do worry." Anasztaz says, as he reached for her chin and gently raising her gaze to his. There was no need to hide.

"But we will speak again. I am also here when you need me, do not ever hesitate to come or contact me. In fact, you may want to make note of my number." he adds, quirking his lips amusedly and pulling the device from his pocket. He hadn't memorized the number yet.

"Yes, I finally got a phone, I know."

Ariana laughed a little. "See, change is good for some." As she quickly took both of their phones and programmed the each other's numbers into them. "There, your phone number is noted." She smirked.

She wondered if Anasztaz may have wanted to keep her longer, afraid that everything would be set back. Hopefully that would not happen. "We will speak soon, please do not worry." Smiling as she started to walk away.

"Very well. I will do my best." Anasztaz said as he smiled. He had his own fears of everything regressing, but the steps they had taken tonight had been necessary. It couldn't be responsibly helped.

"Until we meet again.

Closed Thread