Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Lighting the Forge

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Fu
    Fu

PRE

"Wow you've all been busy while I was in hell." Fu chuckles for a moment. "Seriously though, who's ass do we kick first to get things in line." Confusion and fear chase each other through Fu's mind for a few moments before they are crushed by the proposition of getting back to work.

He leans forward. "Wait are the Seasons still protecting our home as is agreed?" Stoney eyebrows crush together as he asks.

PRE

Rust nods slowly in answer. "The Seasonal Pledge still holds. Though. I'm not sure what will happen next time a Sovereign fails to take the Crown. If Rick falters, would Katrin demand I yield to her?" A clawed hand grabs at rusty cable hair.

S
    Spartan

"No one makes demands of the Iron Spear or its Sovereign." Spartan says with a rather gruff tone.

PRE

"No?" Rust asks with a raised brow. "No. I gues not. Not unless you had something to loose by not demanding something." Rust folds his arms over his chest, feline eyes scanning his Court. "See. HAL's stunt has done something very dangerous. More so then just vanishing away another Sovereign."

"If Rick fails. If. If Autumn has no crown, who leads the Freehold?" Rust lets the question be considered. A clawed hand is raised to show he is not done.

"We were forced into a bind when Harvey failed to replace Katrin. A bind were Alice had to agree to let HAL rule until Katrin was found or Spring began." Rust scans the faces, if any had yet to consider this, they were doing so now.

"Holding that precedent, If Autumn has no King. I stand to rule through the year until Winter. Further, just like HAL. I'm the most likely suspect." Rust sighs and lowers his hand. "I do not think Katrin has a design against me. But just consider that it can happen knowing it has already occurred.
    So, if any of you thought me guiltless, if Katrin spoke out that I was at fault. Who would each of you suspect of this hypothetical tragedy?"

For a moment Rust looks sad and heavy. "And if Summer and Winter are at war, if Spring is forced to choose and Autumn is headless, what happens? Look at it from Winter's point of view and tell me they will not think the exact opposite of you. At this moment it means war and the loss of the Freehold if Rick Pereg is not King on September twenty second baring my ability to bridge unity with Winter before that time."

Rust throws his hands up to drive the point. "If it was me playing this game. If I was the one yanking at the Freehold's puppet strings. Rick would die during the Hunt on the Hedge. A certain Summer King would have probable cause and certain motive while maintaining deniability, A Winter Queen would rally Autumn and Spring, and all this would happen by June twenty third. Maybe I'm crazy. But the motives are there. And the violence would destroy us utterly. So I have to ensure Rick's safety. How do I do that? And yes. From Hedge to Fetch. It's all related."

S
    Spartan

"I made my opinion known. The Pledge should be changed. If a Season fails to present a Sovereign then Dusk or Dawn should hold the crown as interim Soverign to keep the balance." Spartan says. "No Sovereign, not even our own, should be allowed to rule for more then a season at a time." the Hoplite says looking into the feline eyes of his brother. Spartan knew what he was saying would be unpopular, but to be honest, he doesn't care. He was right, or at least, as far as he was concerned.

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Xerxia listens as Rust explains the worst case scenario of the current situation. Waiting for everyone to let what their King just said sink in for a bit, she finally says, "Not that it is much consolation, but I think I have been helping mend some of whatever Winter has against us. I have been going about town with Swilla a fair amount recently – after finding him, he was the one who said where to go to get the Fetch pictures and provided a distraction while I sneaked into the back – and I think he trusts me to some extent.

"I'm not sure what he thinks of you, though, Sire, or the rest of our court, which is why it isn't much consolation..."
    she shrugs.

On Spartan's suggestions, she offers, "Not that I don't disagree with that idea, particularly since Nightfall seems like a very trustworthy person, but I wonder if mixing types of Courts as Sovereigns, even as just a placeholder, is some weird Wyrd no-no..."

K
    Kazakin

"So make a pledge to not be responsible or something. Publically," Rook said after a moment, frowning. Oh God, politics. What a first meeting to walk into. "Make it clear that if you kill him or are responsible for his death, you suffer something insanely obvious and horrible. Then if he's dead and you're walking around totally fine, it's pretty obvious you didn't do it. Hell, get all of the sovereigns to swear to it. Becomes pretty obvious that way if someone's fucking with the order." He shrugged.

"I met a few Winters my first night in town, and they seemed pretty much alright with me. 'Course, they're not sovereigns."

PRE

Rust nods. It was strange to think the Summer Court could be not only be sensible, but wise. Even he heard the rumors where in other cities Summer was a violent hot-bed of insanity. "Our Freehold maintains a working relationship between the Courts. We have always shared a brotherhood that has kept us close. Our divisions are that of direction, not goals. And doubts, not hatred. So I doubt any fae even now, of any Court thinks twice before dealing outside their Court."

Rust grins and clasps his hands together. His ears raise up in pride and excitement. "I won't be the cause to break those bonds. Perhaps we do need a better Freehold Contract. One that ensures the weight of Dawn and Dusk will act as balance stones for our Seasonal Wheel. Neither need hold a Crown, they merely watch over and protect during an absent Season." Rust turns to study Rook again and his smile widens. "It is wise to volunteer a Pledge of Resolution. By this our Courts will guard themselves rather then guard one another. I trust the others will see my intentions and consider accordingly."

"Any other thoughts on this matter before we turn our attention on the Hedge?"

Marcus maintains his silence as the rest of his court speaks their minds. He nods in agreement with most of their words.

"I agree that it would be a good idea for the sovereigns to formulate a new Pledge. But at the end of the day, I think the particulars are best left for them to decide for themselves. As far as the Hedge is concerned, there have been no sightings of the Ear or Its minions for some time now. I believe that It has moved on in Its search for the former King of Spring. However, I shall maintain my vigilance for Its return."

The metalflesh gets a slight look of disgust on his face, but it quickly disappears. It's anyone's guess whether it was due to thinking about the Ear, King Crunk, or possibly both.

"More pressing are my concerns about the havoc wreaked by Mr. Tickle. It would seem that his bridge-burning has riled the Hedge to the point that it is capturing our own and using them against us. I'm afraid Fu is the only one present with a first-hand account. Sorry to put you on the spot mate, but I need you to tell everyone what happened. We all need to know exactly what we're up against."

As the members of the Court of Wrath continue their conversation, the door to The Forge opens as an old face enters looking more than a little sheepish. He wears a San Jose Sharks shirt over his heavy frame and his blonde hair appears to have turned more gray in the last year or so. Still, the crisp ice that comprise his blue eyes are present as is the subtle steam that rises from his head. Over his shoulder is a large duffel bag and he carries a hockey stick. A few of the more settled Summers present would recognise him and especially remember the mark etched on his chest.

Duncan looks across the gathered bunch. "Sorry I'm late. Had to pick the kid up from practice. Have I missed much?"

Duncan: Elemental, Snowskin, Mantle (Summer) 2

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.