Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1105) Amelita and Anasztaz

THREADID
DISPLAYED
May 7, 2011 : (1105) Twenties Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

"Well, let me present you with another question." Anasztaz says, changing around his crossed leg.

"If you could take away all the drawbacks of this life, and yet keep all the benefits. Wouldn't that be better than taking it all away?"

This one he wanted to see, not only hear. He looked at her intently as much as to gauge her reaction as to let her body speak where her own conscience might have wanted to say something else.
    Anasztaz Veres | Presence ••• (Pleasant) | BP •• | SL •• (Androgyny) | Nosferatu (Alien Beauty) | Vitae 4/11 | WP 4/4

Amelita shrugs. She hadn't had a chance to enjoy all the benefits Anasztaz spoke of. She'd seen others revel in the weird tricks, though. Usually it appeared alienating. Often it'd seemed outright monstrous. She hides her misgivings behind a coy smile.

"Eternal life tempts me, Anasztaz, but before we get into that, why don't we speak of these benefits. What benefits to this existence do you enjoy?"
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

"I've taken bullets and walked off where I'd have died an agonizing death. I survived winters where I'd have frozen to death. I have not known any disease, and I have seen more than a lifetime in a body that doesn't suffer age." Anasztaz says, shrugging and smiling contently.

He was obviously satisfied with this existence, at least at some extent. If something about it bothered him, it didn't seem to be particularly obvious.

"And then there's senses sharper than that of the most gifted animal, speed and strength beyond the limits of a human body... It manifests in all of us differently, but there are some patterns. You have surely experienced some."
    Anasztaz Veres | Presence ••• (Pleasant) | BP •• | SL •• (Androgyny) | Nosferatu (Alien Beauty) | Vitae 4/11 | WP 4/4

"Maybe," Amelita mutters. "I'm not strong or fast or anything, but my senses are a little more refined. Nothing major." This was something of an understatement.

"How does it manifest in you?"

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

"My, can't you tell? I am almost insulted." Anasztaz says, winking at her mischievously while his lips part to reveal a matching grin.

He was tempted for a moment to push it. Project it on her. It was sheer vanity. He struggled to put the urge away and only because of the fear of possible repercussions he somehow managed.

"Then again, I tend to keep it muted in here. The kind of attention it might draw may just work against me."

Amelita smiled, amused. It was fascinating having the opportunity to talk to others face to face rather than watch from afar. She leaned back in her seat, avoiding eye contact with Anasztaz.

"So you know the magnetism... Guess that's why I'm always around you at court," she joked. "Why don't you describe to me what it's like to use it? As an academic thing. Then maybe I'll tell you about things from my perspective."

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

"No. You're around me all on your own, I assure you. You cannot dismiss it away that easily." Anasztaz chuckles, glancing aside for a moment. He didn't want to push her too hard, either. That would have just made anyone uncomfortable.

"But I am not sure I can give it justice trying to put it in words. Let's see..." he paused for a moment, trying to organize his thoughts.

"You know that feeling when you spent a long time prepping up, making sure everything is perfect? The confidence it gives you? It is something a bit like that. It is not just confidence, though. It just feels a bit that way."

It was as complicated as he had suspected, like trying to explain to someone how to breathe, or how to make the heart beat. He sighed.

"Perhaps it'd help if I showed you, but not here and definitely not now. And you'd hate me and yourself for it, a bit."

"Maybe," Amelita answered, with a little hesitance. It seemed dumb to volunteer yourself for getting fucked in the mind, but she was learning a lot, talking to Anasztaz.

"Why don't you tell me why I'd hate us?" she asks, brow raised with curiosity.

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

"Because you'd know I made you feel it. You'd feel violated, and you'd regret having volunteered to get your feelings warped that way." Anasztaz says, narrowing his shoulders slightly.

Of course, it was a lot more subtle than that. Unless he told her he was doing so she would have never been able to tell, and even if he told her she'd just feel like the momentary infatuation had faded. It'd have taken her to know the craft to recognize it at work. Otherwise it was a game of guesses or paranoia.

"Besides, I am not saying I'd do it. I am speaking academically."

"Of course. Academically speaking," Amelita replied, deadpan. She'd winced a little at 'violated'.

"I think I'd like to do some more academical talk sometime. Your Ordo interests me. A lot."

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread