Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
The Wrath Of Winter

Page 4 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

The stress of a lost queen had finally got to Kaito and she snaps. "Fine spartan, be an idiot. But don't call me a coward. I would not be standing here infront of that" Kaito gestures towards Fairweather. "if I was a coward."

She pauses for a moment.

"If you could not see me stalling for time while the others arrived, with the evidence in hand you are an idiot. Bert did not say he was responsible but it looks that way. It was as suspected, Hal was the last to see her and knows something he is not telling us."

"I understand you want to do something about this. Nothing would please me more than sending one of the gentry back to Arcadia with Fuck you tattoed on their forehead. Hell I would settle for tieng up the person responsible and dragging their ass deep into the hedge. Leaving them there for the Gentry to get them or whatever other nastys that go their way."

She paused.

"But by all means, kick the crap out of each other."
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice was shocked at the depth of the hostile response from Nightfall. However, if he really believed Hal had something to do with it she trusted that he had a reason to believe so. Therefore, it was Kaito that Alice's ire was raised with.

She made her way over to the woman and grabbed her by the arm and leaned in to whisper loudly into her ear.

"What the heck are you doing? You forced your way in here using my name and didn't even have any evidence or reason to? You have a hell of a lot of explaining to do missy."

Kaito takes a few seconds to calm down. Sighing before she whispered back.

"Firstly Queen White I did not use your name. I used my own. Secondly we have to confront Hal. The evidence is stacked up against him. Katrin was buying the empty ochestra, she goes missing and Hal randomly turns up claiming to be her business partner. Something fairweathers assistant was un-aware of. Do you not think she would have known this information at the start of the process? Not to mention that Hal knows something about Katrins dissaperance, he was the last to see her, yet he failed to tell us anything that may help us. Why would he do that? Unless he was guilty. If he was not he would have offered what he knew. "

Kaito paused.

"Thats not to mention that Myself, Patrick and others swore the freehold oath under the wrong Monarch. Do you not find it odd that he somehow knew he had to do it before events took place? Did you not see the smirk on his face before he dropped the crown onto Harveys head? He knew she was missing at that point and did nothing. Did not even speak to yourself or the Summer King. Ask yourself Why?"

"The Winter Festival was mandatory, as was the Ash Run. I see a pattern here, Hal advertised the winter festival. Knowing that the season could not pass."

"Hell have you seen Mr Bates lately, the guy is afraid. Not a trait you expect to see from the court that masters their fear. "

"The question I have is why? Why would he do this? Was it to rule for another season? Because that hardly seems worth it. Whats the next step? He takes over spring or would you rather we tried to find and collect evidence that I know for a fact we wont find. In the mean time whatever happened to Katrin could have happened to you."

Kaito paused.

"I did not ask you all to throw the gauntlets down. Far from it. There is more than one way to skin a cat."

Kaito paused again.

"Think about what we have so far. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark Queen White. The evidence points to two men. Or would you rather we apologise, leave the situation and risk your safety too?"

The Draconic Fairest's face answers the Polychromatic's arched eyebrow with a subtle shrug that seems to say, None of my business. This is between y'all. However, his own eyebrow arches at Nightfall's unexpected self-mutilation and Kaito's obvious reference to him as an it. How terribly rude. HAL's normally inscrutible face races with activity as his laser-loke gaze follows the slight trickle of blood down Nightfall's forearm. The lines of data speed up to impossible speeds as he stands up from the table.

"You are ruining everything. Queen Byeli is safer now than anyone in this room. Where is she? Where she has always been. The correct question would be when is she... Foolish boy, Queen Byeli is leaping toward you as we speak."

King Liebowitz appears to shake his head slightly at the dissension in the ranks as the men draw weapons and the women argue propriety. His disdain is nakedly evident as he addresses them as a whole. He glares at all of those present with the haunting majesty of the King of Fear.

"You bickering children clearly have no idea that a Storm is coming. I see it clearer every night when I close my eyes. The Hedge is becoming something... else. Something that will eventually break through and overrun our entire world! This very room will be engulfed in fire and ash. The Ear will return to enslave us all! It will take her first. But he cannot take what he cannot find. I have kept her safe. I will keep her safe! Do you not understand? Of course you don't... One of us will not die, Mr. Fields. All of us will be consumed by the Storm if you hinder me further! I am all that stands between this Freehold and utter destruction!"

Fairweather gets a slightly more concerned look on his face during HAL's tirade. The lounging Fairest catches a significant glance at him from the Autumn King when fire and ash are mentioned. His face reflects what they are all thinking. King Liebowitz appears to have a few wires crossed. Regardless, the King's speech inspires a supernaturally strong fear of the Autumn Sovereign in his listeners.

Tale of the Baba Gaga

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall wasn't sure what to think. He certainly wasn't going to claim he was smarter, or knew more than HAL, so what he was saying could be the most intelligent course of action.

It didn't mean it was right.

"What gives you the right?"
    he asked softly. "What makes you any different from The Ear?"

"You're not saving me from anything if I have to wear your collar. You haven't saved Kat... Queen Byeli."

The knife disappeared and the Fairest walked towards the Dread Lord.

"You may be the King of Fear, and maybe it has come to rule you... but not me. I believe in Salvation, and Sacrifice, and you do not have the right to sacrifice our freedom on the altar of your fear."

P
    Patrick Donovan

Patrick placed the rapier back into his bag, content that this situation was not about to explode into an orgy of violence. While the Darkling was troubled by the words of the mad Monarch, the part of his soul touched by the finger of Autumn realizes that the King has become a prisoner of his own paranoia.

"Your Majesty, your Fear is ruling you and your actions. It is consuming you and effecting your judgment." Patrick is pretty much terrified at confronting the Autumn King but understands that it must be done. Still his hands grip the bag holding his rapier. Tightly. So that they don't shake. "We are Autumn, we more than any of the other Seasons understand how dangerous Fear can be. That is why we work to control our Fear and to use it for the good of all members of our Freehold. However that Fear can turn against us, make us paranoid and distort the truth. Either we overcome our Fears or they overcome us."

Kaito grinned as she pulled her cold arm away from Alices grip. Laughing maniacally in her head. Still doubt me? She thought as she turned to watch Hal and fairweather.

So Kaito was crazy, hell even she knew that. It was likely that half the freehold knew that. Kaito had hardly made friends in the freehold so far. What would be interesting to see is if the Spring Queen actually apologised. Kaito's experience of spring in other freeholds had not been a good one so far.

Kaito thought it over for a few moments before her thoughts moved to poor Harvey. She frowned at the thought. Deciding it was best to stay quiet at this point, her next words would have been fueled by anger and Hal was a man to be afraid of.

S
    Spartan

Spartan listens to the words of the others and finds himself unsympathetic to the ramblings of the Autumn Sovereign. He finds the smug look on the Winter repulsive. He finds himself hoping that the Spring Queen will remove the look from Kaito's face forcefully, as the Summer warrior does not hit women unless absolutely necessary, or if they ask him too. That thought of course made him think of Faith and there training, and if he had been anywhere else he would have smiled.

But back to the task at hand, clearing his thoughts of distraction the bloodbrute looks to the Autumn Nightmare, "You betray your oath to the Hold in your alliances. There is a war coming, we all know this. As all of the Lost do, At least those who do not have there head buried in sand. With Creatures like that" Spartan stands to his full height, extending his arm and using the tip of his spear he points toward Fairweather "coming after us how could there not."

"Your madness has blinded you Autumn king, Blinded you and made you forget the weapons at the Hold's disposal. The warriors that are the Sword and Shield. I speak not of just Summer, I speak of the warriors of all Courts" Spartan's face under his helm shows a grave resolve. "And now you cast those weapons down into the water and mud to decay and rust. By doing this you betray all that we have done for this Hold. And now a reckoning has come. It must come."

Spartan's spear is now held Vertical, the butt on the ground and the tip pointing to the sky, as the electricity rolls off of it Spartan has to wonder what Rust would make of this situation.

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

"We'll discuss this later," Alice said releasing Kaito.

As she listened to Hal it didn't take a genius to realize that something was very wrong. When Hal suddenly reminded her of her keeper, Alice suppressed a gasp and took a step backwards. She realized it was just a trick, but the fear she felt was very real.

"And I suppose Queen Byeli had no say in what you did for her own good,"
    Alice stressed the last word in contempt questioning the Autumn King's motives.

"You are not alone, the other sovereigns and the freehold are here. What you are doing is wrong and taking all this upon yourself is wrong. Your actions and your pride has endangered the entire freehold by interrupting the order of the succession. You may very well bring about this coming storm by your own actions!"

HAL silently listens to the representatives of Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Dusk. Their words seem to give the Autumn King pause, yet the lines of data still speed across his face in some agitation.

"You haven't seen what I've seen..."

For his part, Fairweather looks down the length of the flashing spear that gets pointed at him. He meets Spartan's gaze with a look that seems to say Careful where you point that thing, kid. However, the only audible sound he makes is to simply tsk as the Bloodbrute's poor manners. Calling him a Creature... the nerve.

Page 4 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread