(Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"I've got a feeling," Nightfall replied with a smile, "That tonight's gonna be a good night, that tonight's gonna be a good good night."

As they moved to the music, he let the scent and cool touch of her skin fill his senses; inside, the wisp fairly purred in contentment.

"And without me, you'd be fighting of hordes of admirers,"
    he continued, answering her question, "Or maybe have hordes of admirers too afraid to approach the Vernal Sovereign."

Seeing Al-Adin, he nodded towards him.

"Remind me to ask him to be my best... friend."

Leo hemmed some. "Eh, I guess... But what a couple of flakes. You don't get points for a stunt like that."

The Mirrorskin rocked on his heels.

"So how'd you think this Spring thing'll go off?"

Player of the Month

Patrick Donovan

Usually it was the Winters that were good at staying unseen, however tonight it seemed that the Autumn Darkling was the invisible one. "Pardon me." He says politely to the Winter Courtiers before leaving the small group and moving to the bar.

"Whiskey and coke." Taking the drink and leaving Sam a rather nice tip, Patrick heads to the buffet and helps himself to some of Mrs. Rosemary's cooking. It was the main thing he missed from the 4Seasons hotel, just how good the food was, a fact he confirms to the Ogres with a smile and a nod of his head.

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Xerxia enters wearing a red print halter dress and looks about, finding the decor intriguing until she remembers being told about the disappearance of Katrin. She had made sure to put on her leg sheathes so that she could defend the Freehold if necessary while still being able to look presentable at a coronation.

I should really try getting proficient with my body... Wearing my daggers like this is rather inconvenient...

Of the people already there, she does recognize the Spring Queen and the Dawn Courtier dancing on the floor, Rick at the entrance, as well as Mrs. Rosemary while she pops in and out of the kitchen. Not wanting to disturb the couple from their dance, the Sun's Tongue drops by the banquet to get some of the Ogress' famous dishes. "How are things, Mrs. Rosemary? Do you have anything new you might suggest I try?" she asks with a smile.

The outfit

Player of the Month

Mrs. Rosemary

"I am well my dear" The Ogress replies with a motherly smile "I would recommend the Buffalo chicken fingers, the sauce is a new recipe of mine that is making it's debut this evening for the Festival."

Patrick Donovan

The Darkling is able to catch a look at new arrival as she approaches the buffet. In fact Patrick is munching on one of the recommended Buffalo chicken fingers and despite not usually being a fan of most sauces, cannot argue with the taste.

"They are excellent Mrs. Rosemary."

Turning to Xerxia he smiles a gentlemanly smile. "The sauce is quite excellent."

PRE

Spartan, Fath, ANd King Rust

A Triad of Summers were the next to enter.

Spartan entered the court wearing nothing special at all. He had no interest in this court beyond being here to make sure balance would be maintained and his Family was kept safe.

Spartan's head was a bit heavier then normal. He had been quiet, more quiet then normal since the shared dream between he and his woman. Spartan's mind was running with ideas at how to escape his prison.

Spartan looked to Rust and gave him a nod, they both felt there time was coming soon and that summer would soon be at the forefront again. At least that was a plus to the Spring Festival.

Faith, for her part, had chosen to wear... what she usually did. She hadn't changed for any Festival up to now, and changing that trend would just be wrong. Instead, she had on a windbreaker, hands jammed in pockets to protect against the early spring chill.

Rust wore a red shirt under a black sports jacket and black slacks. He knew that Spartan wasn;t fond of Spring. Rust himself was skeptical of the Season and its values. But Alice was a good Queen and deserved respect. Faith just looked bored at having to be here he thought.

"Oh, for f**k's sake," she comments as they hear those, those... sounds. Those shrieks, those screams of the she-devil from hell itself. Despite this, she finds herself mouthing the lyrics, quite against her will. She manages to stop long enough to hiss out, "I'm about this close to changing that f**king tune," as she gets close to the throne room. Luckily for... someone, she doesn't have to, and the music fades to the at least tolerable saxophone. Still not that great, but I'll take it over... *shudder*. Someone, somewhere, has one sick sense of humor.

She nods to the bar. "Come on, let's grab a drink before this whole shindig starts." It was only common sense that dignified functions be rendered more tolerable by the consumption of alcohol.

Spartan says nothing, just followed Faith to the bar and ordered a second of whatever Faith was ordering.

It is here Rust split off from the Triad to approach Rick. A lot had transpired in the past couple months, most of it Academic in one way or another. Xerxia was a boon for sure, Rust felt an Autumn might lend another veiw on things. “Mr. Pereg. I see your better half is missing.” Rust smiled at his joke and the gazed over the Revel. Neil and Alice were dancing on the floor, Rust idly wished he had a lover of his own, and not for the first time. On of those silly values of Spring. “Last Season you helped us all with your understanding of Pledgecraft. I'm embarrassed to admit I too do not fully understand our Court Pledge. Thank you for stepping out like that.” Rust felt was was being rather stuffy and self important. But how else do you graciously thank a person for their skill in formality?

"Also, You lead the Ash Run with great skill, once again. You did your Court well." Perhaps one day Rust would be speaking to an equal. But it was rash to decided the future before it happened. Sam payed for that mistake.

L

Rick nods slightly as Mr. Bates responds to his question, curiosity satisfied. "I see...thank you, I just found that I was a bit curious."

Then he catches the unmistakable feel of a Summer Mantles approach, and shot the Chatelaine a brief smile of thanks before turning to face the Summer King. The mention of Terri brought a small, slightly wistful, smile to his face. "Yeah, she couldn't make it tonight. Said she was bogged down with stuff she had to do for her store."

And he found himself caught slightly by surprise by the sudden praise. And he felt just a bit self-conscious at receiving it, in that good kind of way. Though he did hope it didn't show. "Ahh, thanks. I was just doing my best to see the Freehold through the troubled times we've found ourselves. Lately a few of them have just played to my strengths. And I wouldn't worry too much about not knowing much about that Founding Pledge before the last Festival, it was the first time I'd heard it myself. I've just spent enough time studying Pledgecrafting where I can pick one I hear apart to figure out its clauses too."

Kaito shrugs. "I hope everything goes well. Queen White is here so thats a bonus I suppose. I doubt Nightfall would let anything bad happen. But you never know with these things. How do you think it will go?"
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Mrs. Rosemary

"I am well my dear" The Ogress replies with a motherly smile "I would recommend the Buffalo chicken fingers, the sauce is a new recipe of mine that is making it's debut this evening for the Festival."

Patrick Donovan

The Darkling is able to catch a look at new arrival as she approaches the buffet. In fact Patrick is munching on one of the recommended Buffalo chicken fingers and despite not usually being a fan of most sauces, cannot argue with the taste.

"They are excellent Mrs. Rosemary."

Turning to Xerxia he smiles a gentlemanly smile. "The sauce is quite excellent."
    Xerxia gives the man a quick glance, then looks at the pointed out wings and puts a few on her plate, as well as a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich and some potato salad. After taking a bite of one of the wings, she compliments the Gristlegrinder, "You've outdone yourself again! I always enjoy your unique take on dishes."

The Dancing Soldier turns gracefully to Patrick, her steely gaze boring into him even as she smiles, faintly but courteously. "I don't believe we have met... The name's Xerxia."

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I've got a feeling," Nightfall replied with a smile, "That tonight's gonna be a good night, that tonight's gonna be a good good night."

As they moved to the music, he let the scent and cool touch of her skin fill his senses; inside, the wisp fairly purred in contentment.

"And without me, you'd be fighting of hordes of admirers," he continued, answering her question, "Or maybe have hordes of admirers too afraid to approach the Vernal Sovereign."

Seeing Al-Adin, he nodded towards him.

"Remind me to ask him to be my best... friend."
    Alice couldn't help but laugh at Nightfall's assessment of the situation. It might not look like a spring celebration, but at least her mood was beginning to improve. She silently hoped that he was right and that everything was going to work out fine this time, however, she had her doubts.

"I think it is likely the second would be true. I think I drive them all away. This whole social interaction thing is still a little odd after all these years."

After chuckling again she continued. "I'll be sure to remind you. I bet it will make him happy."

Page 3 of 18 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
Closed Thread