Ended
Watch
61 - 70
DISPLAYED
(1103) Eternal Court XIII

Page 7 of 12 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha listens to the question carefully and rubs hard at her lame hip as she thinks. "I see, ma'am...goodness: more a task for a Harpy, I would suggest..." she giggles a little, "though ours is absent at present, so....there has been some adjustment in the Order of the Roll of the Domain too, ma'am...new Prisci, as you know; new Deputies...newly appointed Regents. All in all, ma'am, a lot of modifications to the disposition of our city. Hmmm...well, there has also been some long standing trouble with the Brood, ma'am...the Gangrel and others have made brave, if intermittent, efforts to eliminate the threat from the Brood and their allies. There was some trouble up in the Amber Hills. I'm not fully clear on what was happening up there...only that there was some renegade Kindred in a fortified stronghold. It all sounded quite ghastly. I am told he, at least, was put to the sword..." she rubs harder at her crippled leg now, with a frown, "A small squad of brave volunteers are thinking of patrolling some hitherto unexplored tunnels under the city too, ma'am, a dangerous activity, if you ask me. Such a plan has far too many hazards to the ill prepared! They invited me along. Only..." she rubs even harder at her lame thigh now, "I daresay I would be more impediment than assistance on such a patrol." pausing a moment to frown, she looks about the Court room, makes a gesture with her free hand, as if to demonstrate the open space, "There has also been an uncommonly large number of Kindred travelling through the Domain...very few linger for any length of time." she sighs, as if this saddens her in some way...and she watches Alice's legs and shoes for a moment as she thinks her thoughts...then looks up, to meet Alice's Angelic gaze and eyes. Martha tries a bashful smile, grips at her lame thigh and seems to finish, "Then there is the opening of the Ember - a location which is also Elysium - which you know about, of course!" a happy smile, "Well, I am certain the lovely Regent Seneschal will have more information of greater quality for you, ma'am." a small curtsey is offered.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

NOS
    PRE

"That's alright. I...I'll have to think about that," Brenn assured Ariana, picturing herself on all those street corners, reciting and selling chapbooks. Writing in to publications wouldn't erase those times but might make them all the more profound. Meeting a reader on the street while she ranted or recited would be something. Snapping out of it, she focused her attention back on the Kindred before her.

"Oh, well yes, I started a small herd here. I've got some cash to spare so I've offered a small, select group of street people places to stay, money, food, and the like. I ask that they open themselves up enough so that I can trust them and we build a rapport that way. Then, the Kiss helps mask that I'm feeding off of them. They just think I'm comforting them, or massaging a hurt, or...well, you know. My ghoul takes care of anything they might need during the day, keeps in touch, and reinforces my image of being a "caring soul". She's a bit unstable upstairs," Brenn explained, twirling a finger by her head, "so they look at our relationship as a charity thing; which it is, in a way, but I think its more mutually beneficial. Oh, um, that's the overview I suppose."

A
    Ariana Donovan

Brenn was very intelligent. Ariana was surprised that she was still unbound given that she seemed very worldly. Brenn did not seem like the typical Haunt. “It sounds like your herd is benefiting from your good graces just as much as you are benefiting from them.” Her face was encouraging as well as her voice. Although, Ariana did want to know how she came up with such an idea.

“Miss Lawrence, perhaps at some point you would like to meet outside of court to chat. I like to think discussing common things such as writing helps us to maintain some level of sanity.” Ariana smiled “Would that interest you?”

Someone with common ground. Ariana knew that not all Nosferatu were creepy lurkers, some were quite intelligent yet discarded as unimportant in their clan because of this. She had hoped this was not the case for Brenn.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice lets the words slowly sink in and after a while she replies softly. 'Belial's Brood? Those devil worshippers in a city called Sacramento.' Then Alice realizes the Keeper said that they are thinking, so it was still going on. 'You mean they are still here? I could walk upon a Kindred of the Brood, and...' The Daeva shudders. And sees a face she recognized as the Harpy. She arches her eyebrows.

'Speaking of the Devil, it seems our Harpy has returned!'
    Alice smiles and looks from Martha to the Harpy. 'I have seen her at the Official Court, however I don't recall her name. Shall we have a look how it goes with her?'
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha listened attentively to Alice, clearly enjoying her conversation...the enjoyment is swiftly replaced by thoughtful care as Alice observes the arrival of the Harpy. Martha quickly interprets the Harpy's attire and nods thoughtfully. "As you wish, ma'am...though I note she wears the garb of mourning. Naturally we must be careful not to excite any sombre mood the poor Harpy may be experiencing."

Martha rubs at her lame thigh, briefly scouts out Ciara's shoes and then nods to Alice...as if agreeing with Alice's plan - and conforms to Alice's movements.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

I see, alright, I won't be over the top happy.' Alice smiles to Martha, she knew how to handle some situations. Followed by the Keeper, Alice makes her way over the Ciara.

There she waits until the woman notices her and Martha. Then she'll make a curtsy. 'Harpy Maskelyne.' Alice gives Martha the chance to say her thing, then she continues. 'I am Alice Brown, I've been here since the last Official Court. Seeing your absence, we thought you might enjoy our company now.' And she ends with a friendly smile. Inside her head she wonders if the woman was eiter 300 years old, which wouldn't surprise her, or was in such a bad mood that she didn't care how she looked. Anyhow, Alice hopes to find that out soon.
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

NOS
    PRE

"Thank you for the feedback, this will be the first time I've formed a herd, so it is much appreciated," Brenn said with an attempt at a polite smile, the harelip destroying the effect. "And thank you for the offer, I'd love to meet up with you outside of Court some night. Here, let me give you my number and then I'll stop monopolizing your evening. I'm sure you have better things to attend to than a hobnobbing member of the third estate," she joked, searching for some paper.

Finally she produced a receipt and a pen and scrawled out a phone number before handing it to Ariana.

N
    NoMoshing

"Everyone keeps saying that. Don't you worry, though, I'll mind 'em."

A
    Ariana Donovan

While Brenn wrote down her number, Ariana quickly produced her card to give to her. "Third estate?" She said inquisitively. "Just because I am of the First Estate and a Ventrue does not mean you should belittle yourself." Ariana smiled politely matching the Haunts own smile. Disfigurements never bothered Ariana, she knew that was just the surface. She had dealt with real monsters before. "What are you referring to Miss Lawrence?"

NOS
    PRE

"The third estate? Oh, it was just a little joke on my end. In France, before 1489, there were three social classes, called the Estates, and the Estate one belonged to determined what legal rights one possessed. The First Estate was the clergy, the Second was the Nobility. A bit ironic, huh? Oh, and the Third was the peasantry, the Masses. I just meant that since I'm in neither the Invictus or the Lance I qualify as the Third. Just a joke, no offense or deprecation was meant," Brenn explained, only half joking now.

Page 7 of 12 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... Last
Closed Thread