Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
71 - 80
DISPLAYED
Sitting on the bench

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8

"We will just have to hope they don't do anything nasty." Kaito said whilst waiting for the childs parents
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

Lily starts to hiccup as she weeps. She appears to be trying to respond to her saviors, but is still too upset to vocalize her feelings. Of all the Lost present, Kaito seems the most familiar with the strong emotion wafting from the little girl. It tastes almost as sweet and salty as pure Sorrow, like white chocolate-covered pretzels. However, the Winter Courtier also detects a strong sour note that she soon recognizes as shame.

"I... didn't... sorry.... I..."

Hearing the cries of her child, Amanda runs back toward the Vietnam Memorial with the speed of a tigress. Without setting Koen down, she scoops Lilly up with her free arm and holds onto her for dear life.

"Oh my god... Lily you had me so scared! You can't wander off like that! I was starting to think something horrible happened to you!"

As she checks every square inch of her daughter, she glances at each of her rescuers.

"Thank you so much! You have no idea... I was worried sick... Oh Lily, look at all of these scratches... and what happened to your tongue?!"

Amanda's joy and gratitude drifts around the Lost with the strong aroma of fresh strawberries and homemade muffins.

Kaito takes out a pen from the inside of her jacket and a small bit of paper. She writes her phone number down and her name.

"We found here by a hedge over there *if only you knew, you would be horrified* , She was eating some berries. She should be ok but give her plenty of water, if there are any problems please give me a call."

"What berries... Lily, what did you eat?!"

The aroma of emotion changes as Amanda accepts the slip of paper from Kaito's cold, pale hand. It turns sharp and astringent to reflect the sudden renewal of fear that Amanda must be feeling for her daughter.

"Thank you all, so much... I have to get her to the doctor."

Setting Koen down, she takes him by the hand as she hurriedly carries Lily toward the distant form of her husband. Her strong emotions swirl about the Changelings as the mortal woman departs. However, the two children continue to look back at the group of Lost until they all disappear from sight.

P
    Patrick Donovan

Patrick turns towards Kathleen as the children leave with their parents. "We should probably bring those berries to Mrs. Rosemary, she's the head of the kitchen over at the 4Seasons right?" He says to the two companions who have yet to leave. "Do I get the chance to buy two pretty ladies lunch while doing something good for the world?" The Darkling asks with a smile.

Kaito smiles at Patrick. "What do you say Isabel? You up for a spot of lunch?"

Kaito realised that Isabel had been rather quiet, perhaps they had freaked her out a bit? Best to try being friendly and less clicky back when resquing the child.

As Phoenix is on break are we ok to assume that Kathleen declines? If so Kaito will take the berrys off her.

Before the Children leaves, Kathleen tries to harvest some glamour out of them, the young Lily seemingly under the influence of strong emotion.

Unfortunately, due to her lack of experience and the fact that it is not her court emotion, she is unable to do so.

When the mortals departs, she remembers that she has something important to do and takes her leave of the other changeling after having greeted them goodbye.

'' Well, mission accomplished, I take it we can call it a day then. I have some stuff to do, I'll see you all later, probably at the four seasons. Have a good one all... ''

Before leaving, she kisses her palm and blow the air from it to the other changeling, in a seductive manner.

P
    Patrick Donovan

Patrick gives the Spring Lost a smile as she leaves. "It was a pleasure to meet you Kathleen, I do hope our next encounter takes place under more pleasant circumstances. Say candles and a bottle of a nice merlot?" He gives her a wink and watches the attractive woman leave with a hint of sadness and more than a little desire for another meeting.

The Darkling turns to his friend Kaito. "See I have what the kids call "game", I was completely flirting "Like A Boss"." He gives her a wide grin. "So my dear friend care to accompany me for a late lunch and a conversation on odd fruit?"

Kaito gives Isabel her phone number "If you decide to join us give me a call."

She holds out her arm for Patrick "Sure thing, I have never said no to good company and a free meal."

When Kaito turns to speak with Isabel, she finds that, oddly enough, the Fairest is nowhere to be seen. She had come back through the Hedge gate, hadn't she? Waitaminute... and where'd that Steven guy go? Maybe they both simply left during all of the mother-daughter drama. Kaito can't be sure, since having just met them both, she has no way to gauge if this is possibly typical behavior for them. Regardless, she and Patrick continue with their lunch plans, assuming that Kathleen will drop off the strange berries with Mrs. Rosemary at the 4 Seasons. While they might leave Capitol Park with some concern over the increasingly aggressive behavior of the Hedge, they will both still feel a comforting warmth in the cracks of their tattered souls due to the rescue of an innocent victim from the depravity of the angry Thorns.

End Scene

Nice work.

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.