Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist accepted the gift from Asa with a true smile and a dip of her head. If it was a hair lower than what was appropriate for a Judex to issue a newly reappointed Lord, it was easily chalked up to the fact that he was Sacramento's Prince.

"Grazie."

Shifting the box with the watch to the side slightly she settled back into her chair. Now it was time to move on to business.

When Cassandra spoke she arched her eyebrow, "I was going to propose we speak to those we just welcomed. Perhaps determine if any title of function would be appropriate. But please Lady Dawes, if you feel I am not moving on to pressing business fast enough...?" The sarcasm in Twist's voice was clear enough that even the slowest would be able to hear the clear warning to Cassandra to speak her next words carefully.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Part of Asa admired Cassandra's brazenness. She was also a Daeva, and therefore inclined to pursue what she wanted. Of course, this also assumed two very important things.

First, that she might be considered. That both Victoria and Twist had snared recruits only highlighted the fact that Cassandra had not.

If she's out there fucking everything that moves, you'd think she'd at least be smart enough to get paid for it.

Secondly, that this wasn't a second questioning, however slight, of Twist's judgment and authority. Her own Priscus, of Blood she'd insulted, no less.

Well, I suppose the same which I told Aimee can be applied here: If you're going to be foolish, do it in private with your Covenant.

In a week or so, he'd ask Twist if they were still keeping score.

Then duck and run.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

S
    Sandman

Cassandra sighed softly. Taking her time to speak very deliberately and softly.

"While I can appreciate and compliment your sense of suspense Alder Viscountess Twist, Judex of the First Estate and Priscus of the Succubi."

"I think that our newest recruits can hold their enthusiasm at finding some of their own place and duties within our numbers, Some of which can certainly take years to earn fully and it might take a while to explain all of their options, in favor of knowing just who it is they answer to the Invictus and why. They have the honour of being amongst us and seeing just how we operate and what goes on in these rooms and can accept waiting their turn I am sure."

"I can also accept the fact that our numbers have seemingly doubled this evening while other formidable members are conspicuously absent. In no small part thanks to the sponsorship of both yourself and Lady Senachel Stamford while I have been less than visible. I will even admit that my priorities have changed since being in this city and how it works and have chose to work on something that is truely mine. Attempting to do it without pressing any opportunities this covenant could give me in aid in an attempt to bring something else to the table myself."

"But I also see it as slightly distressing and a sure sign that we do not control this city in the fact that we can in fact accomplish such feats without absorbing entire covenants into our numbers in a gracious act of mercy to them. This means that a clear understanding of our leadership which can benefit our new members far more at this very moment and unfortunately shows it as a more pressing matter."

"Unless of course you see due reason in your place as our unbiased Mediator to continue to hold off the inevitable issue or strike it from the agenda entirely."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

The most awkward part of it all was that if Twist destroyed the silly neonate, without the Right of Destruction...

"I think you mistake civility and protocol as an end, rather than a means,"
    Asa replied coolly. "They are tools to express and wield power, rather than power unto themselves. You think that because you wield the tools, you wield the power. You do not."

"Now apologize and shut the fuck up while your betters speak, you worthless piece of ass. You must be the only Kindred in this room who is too stupid to figure out the leadership of this Covenant."
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

S
    Steven

Internally, Conner smiled, externally, Conner's face remained stoic and carved of granit. A man with Conner's goals and ambitions could not help but take pleasure, and notes, in the Prince's words and actions.

S
    Selena

While Lady Dawes continue to make herself a imbecile in front of everyone at the meeting, Ariana was phlegmatic while Lady Dawes’ vilification continued as it had been for the evening. Through the questioning of herself, Mister O’Connor, and Mister Greyson, surely had she not done enough damage? It seemed as if she was after something. Although Ariana’s keen reporter mind kept veering toward jealousy of some sort, or someone.

Oddly enough, a similar situation had occurred in New York at a Ventrue meeting. Too bad that individual ended up ash.

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    Striking Looks •••• (Intense Gaze, Stunning)
    BP •••
    Status (Invictus): ••
    Status (Domain): ••••

+2
    SL
    PRE

Victoria wasn't surprised by the harsh words that Twist so politely measured out to Cassandra and figured that would be the end of it, however she barely contined her astonishment when Cassandra continued to press the issue and at considerable length.

What the hell is this woman thinking? she thought to herself while wondering how long cassadra had before she was either ejected from the meeting or assulted.

She considered speaking up, but the Prince spoke up instead. It was a very rare thing to see him this vulgar in public when he spoke and it was a large indicator to show just how angry he actually was. However, Victoria was certain that the obtuse Daeva wouldn't catch onto that if she didn't catch onto the fact that Twist had basically told Cassandra to shut up in the same manner, only more politely mere moments before.

Not wishing to get caught in any crossfire, Victoria wisely sat silent and waiting to see what would happen next.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist barely managed to keep the surprise off her face when Cassandra continued to speak, and to speak so....stupidly.

The first layer of surprise came from the fact that she thought she had any right at all to speak. She who had done little for the covenant and for the city as far as risk. And she admitted it! If she had maybe tried to play it off as though she had the right- maybe then Twist could at least giving her some kudos for going that route. After all, often times power was built first on the illusion of having it and in this covenant more so than others. Of course- it wouldn't get you far but that was a thought for another time. But she flat out said that she had nothing to give her words weight.

The second layer of surprise came from the fool girl's words. She spoke of the covenant not having the city under control. Was she blind as well as stupido? Here, in this room they held the Prince of the City, the Seneschal, the Priscus of two clan and the Prince's Hound. Not to mention numbers and strength of the Kindred who claimed allegience to the First Estate. How in the goddess's name did she think that they did not have control of the city!?

For a second she sat, silently stunned. Thankfully though, the silence was carried only by her as Asa delivered a most thorough tongue lashing. And with much more eloquence than what Twist would have been able to do.

Twist watched Cassandra silently, waiting for the woman to do as she had been told by Asa.

The amusing part was that Cassandra spoke of the new Invictus watching and learning and she was providing a lovely lesson, just not in the way she planned. Know who your betters are.

"I apologize," Cassandra says icily, then falls silent.

ST Note: It's been three days, time to get the ball rolling again...

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist didn't even acknowledge the woman's voice let alone her apology, despite the fact that the crisp words had been crystal clear after the silence of Asa's voice.

Instead she turned to glance at each of the new members in turn, "Do any of those welcomed tonight wish to speak on talents they possess?" It was an opportunity and after speaking her question, Twist settled into her chair to see which of them would step forward.

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread