Jillian sat waiting for Ajax to arrive. He went out to chase some pussy, well Jillian assumed anyway, and said he was gonna be back soon. So yeah she sat and chilled. Petting the dog and watching... well nothing because she doesn't have a TV.

Jillian can hear the now familiar thump, thump, thump of Ajax's size 13 1/2 boot's as he makes his way to the unite she'd claimed in an old abandoned apartment building. He knocks on the door with his large fist, "Hey Jillian are you decent .... well I mean not naked."

"Fuck Off Ajax." Jillian said from her chair not bothering to get up and open the door. "Yes I am decent." she said making sure that he knew she was, otherwise he could stand out there like a Tard not knowing what to do.

Damn did vampires still have that time of the month? He wonders to himself as he walks in the door. "What is it a crime to respect a woman's privacy these days?" He says with a grin as he walks into the room "Sorry I'm late, somebody did something stupid down where I'm working. They had to call me in on my off night to deal with some giant asshole the rest of their people didn't want to touch. Oh well he's gonna have a hard time calling a woman a fucking cunt with 5 teeth missing." He looks at his best friend in the world and his smile spreads wider. "So what evil are we getting up to tonight?"

"Only five tonight huh? Took it easy on him huh." She says with a smile. "Ajax how long you and I been running together, 2 or 3 months?" Jillian asked

"He's one of those redneck assholes, was already missing like half his teeth anyways. I think he even had the fucking Stars and Bars on his pickup." He says with the same smile as he tried to remember just how long they'd been running together. "Yeah I'd say about two and a half months now."

"And yet we run around like old Friends? Why is that? Besides that I am fucking sexy and fun to be around."
Jillian says with a joking smile. "In hindsight fuck old friends we run around like family."

"Well we're both from NYC, we've both had to deal with a lot of bullshit and we both just kind of what the same thing in the end. Hell we both even like the ladies." He takes a moment to think on the second term she used. Family. "Yeah, I can see that. The only other person that was as close to me as you was my own brother."

"Same here. For whatever fucking reason, you and I are getting along like peas in a pod or some other stupid ass cliche. and I am trying to figure out why. We're like family. And it ain't just that we are Gangrel." Jillian says, "Its strange man, I am beginning to feel a, I don't know Connection or some shit. Like a Pack of Wolves feel to each other. That make sense?"

"Yeah it does, I don't why the hell I trust you so much but sometimes your gut is just like 'that girl, that girl is awesome' and it's right. I mean I've chilled with Gangrel and I've never felt like this, usually I just want to keep the fuck away from vampires in general but it seems like almost every night that we're out hunting together and shooting the shit til dawn."

"Yeah yo. This may sound cliche, but if I were straight, I would wreck the shit outta you." Jillian says in all seriousness "but with the way it is now, Its like were blood. You know what I mean?"

"I need to get that on a t-shirt." He jokes "Yeah I get what you're saying, it's like we've just become family. Only one that manages to get along and not hate each other."

"Who said i didn't hate ya." Jillian laughs, stands, walks over and sits down at the table. "So, we need to lock this down." Jillian says.

"Yeah make it official, I mean I never gave much thought to that whole Coterie, reminds me too much of the bad old days and I don't really care for most vampires." He looks at her in all seriousness "But with you, the idea actually has some merit to it."

"Aight, Sit down." Jillian rummages in a kitchen drawer and takes out a notepad. Well... if you can call it that. it was torn up and the spiral was well... de-spiraled for the most part. It was wet and dried several times and looked rather warped. She then took out a pen and set it on the table. "If we are doing a coterie or whatever they call it. I wanna get our shit down right. know what I mean?

"Yeah. So a name?"

"You think this is stupid?" Jillian asked

"No. I think it's a good idea and we should do it. Maybe even come up with a few people we could think about eventually asking to join while were at it. Look you're my best friend and I want this. To the rest of the city we're just the Gangrel Priscus and her Whip but this, what we've got goes deeper than that."

"Good man, just making sure your seriously down for this. So a name... How bout something simple. The Crew? The Pack? something like that?"

"The Mean Machine? The Wild Bunch? I don't know maybe something with like some real symbolism in it. The Lost Souls or along those lines".

"The Lost Souls? Really? You wanna sit in the dark and cry while cutting your wrists too?" Jillian said. "Emo Bitch." She was kidding obviously... well maybe. "How bout The Family? Sounds kinda Mafia-ish but it gets the point across."

Ajax begins laughing and keeps going for almost a minute. "You know when I got the big bite I completely cut myself off from my old life but I did hear what the rumor was about my disappearance. Somebody said I'd been taken by the Mob. So yeah the Family fits for me."

"Cool, so The Family it is." Jillian writes that down on the top of the page. "So its you and me so far. But if we want to bring someone in, what is our criteria for a new member?" Jill asks

"Well first of all we both have to agree on them." He thinks for a second. "I think that they should be Gangrel or at least proven that their sympathetic to us, like honorary Gangrel. Second I think that they need to be committed to the city, you know want to stick around and help us reach our goals. Most important I think we need to be sure that they're with us. I mean everybody's got other ties with covenants and other clans, people have roles and jobs, but I mean at the end of the night we want people who buy into the fact that we're going to watch each other's backs and not fuck each other over."

"What are you a fucking Mekhet?" Jillian asked "You reading my damn mind." After some fierce and barely legible scribbling Jillian looks up. "Aight, Next Question. And try to think with your head that's on your shoulders. Kat. You gonna give her a free pass? Cause I don't trust her."

"I'm thinking with the head on my shoulders and I'd say yes. She was down with us and hell even was willing to be your bitch on New Years, she's good. Give her a chance, I know that you're worried about me being biased because I'm madly crushing on her" Understatement of the year right there. "But I want to give the girl a chance and that's not my dick talking." He looks at her with complete seriousness.

"Aight, I will give her the benefit of the doubt. But that don't mean she get a free pass. She gets tested. Just like anyone else. Deal?" Jillian says. What she didn't say was that she wanted to trust the Russian but Ajax was hers first. And something about Kat just gave her a ugly feeling. And Jill's one to defend whats hers End of conversation. "So Who else? What about Amos or Joe?"

"Agreed" he said before taking a moment "I like Joe, he's got a bit of pull but he doesn't seem to be an asshole about it. Plus it would be nice for us to be well rounded and not just a bunch of a brawlers, okay well we need to know how to brawl but somebody with some occult and political knowledge would really help out. As for Amos, yeah I like the guy and if what they saw is right he really did a solid job out there in the Bypass fight with that Nos Regent and the Mekhet dude with the Johnny Cash fetish. Plus everyone seems to like the guy."

"Johnny Cash Fetish? Nevermind. Aight so Joe and Amos are both possibilities but I don't want to jump into anything with either. So when we do invite someone in it has to be unanimous. that good with you?"

"Yeah that works for me. So we need to date and frame that piece of paper I guess, the Family born in the early morning hours of January 14, 2011. Original members were Jillian Malloy, Ajax and Jeff the Dog."

Jillian smiles as she grabs a knife and makes a quick incision on her thumb and forces a small amount of Vitae out of it and presses it to the paper. Once that's done she signs her name. "You Next Big Boy."

Ajax grabs his almost ever present pushing dagger from it's sheath strapped against his left forearm and makes a similar cut to Jillian's. He presses his vitae against the paper and signs the 4 letter name he has chosen.

Once Jax is done Jillian takes the paper back and whistles for Jeff to come over. She whispers in his ear and he takes the pen in his mouth. Jillian presses the pen against the paper and moves the paper to make an X on the paper. Once thats done Jeff spits out the pen and then licks the paper. "There Its official. Now, Lets go get someone to eat. I'm Starvin." Jillian says with a big smile.

"The first ever dinner engagement of the Family. I approve."

And with that, the first three members of "The Family" head out for there first meal.