Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 18
DISPLAYED
Save a Dance for Me

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Sam Barkley

PRE

"Alright then, Harry's it is," Sam grins, glad to see the Sovereign of Spring take to his idea. "I should warn yeh, yer Highness, that it gets rather raucous late in the evening," he winks jokingly, "but I assure yeh'll be safe enough with ol' Sam an yer fee-ahn-say here." Sam nods at Neil as he rejoins them, and the Wizened's beady green eyes catch the folder in Neil's hand. "What, yeh want to go over the napkin samples now?" he laughs.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Nah, it's color samples. We're trying to find the right shade between pink and purple for the groomsmen to wear," Neil answered with an innocent expression.

A deft twist of his arm slipped the folder behind his back and into the waistband of his pants as he grabbed a jacket. He'd offer to assist Alice with hers, aside from the small fact she didn't need one. Instead, he took her hand and opened the door, helping her over the threshold.

His other hand stabbed an accusatory finger back at Sam. "And what's with never calling us? It's not like we can't handle ourselves in the weeds."

Sam Barkley

PRE

Sam snickers as he follows the couple out the door. "Why not pink and purple? Ol'Sam would be the prettiest Flowering there!" he laughs. He shrugs at Nightfall's reprimanding finger, placating the Fairest's concern in an easy tone. "Sure, I know yeh both ken handle yerselves. If there were any real fun to be had, I woulda invited yeh along fer sure, but them blue buggers bleed too easy. Next time I got somethin' wit' meat in, I'll call and see if yez want to ride-along, yeah?" He looks over toward his parked, rusting pick-up, then back to Neil and Alice. "Meet yeh over at Harry's, then? The Ford's not really suited to one of yer stature, Miss Alice, but I ken give yeh both a lift if yeh want." His keys begin to swing 'round his finger while he waits for his companions to debate the merits of sitting shotgun with 'Empty-Flask' Sam.

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thanks for the warning. I'll keep my eyes open," she said to Sam with a smile. "I'd be a little disappointed if it wasn't a little rowdy."

Alice laughed at the banter between the two men while silently wondering what Neil had in mind with the folder. She smiled at Neil as he held the door for her and savored the cool air on her skin, but wished California would get a little cooler at times.

"Either way works Sam. I'm not exactly one for ceremony though look at what I drive." Alice looked over at her Baja VW Thing to accentuate her point. "We can meet ya there."

Sam Barkley

PRE

"Alri-" Sam stops abruptly as his phone goes off, an uncommon occasion. "Hang on, hang on, it's here somewhere..." he mumbles, patting down pockets until he finds the rectangular lump of plastic and reveals it triumphantly to the others. He reads the text that's come in from Spartan and grins. "Perfect timing," he laughs, then looks at Neil. "You said you wanna lend a hand out in the Wilds, right? Spartan tol' me an' Marcus 'bout a lead he got on a merchant...specializing in children," he says through gritted teeth, "...out there. I told 'em I'd help out." His scowl is replaced by levity as he teases, "Whaddaya say, lovebirds? You in? They're goin' now. We'll make a right dent in Harry's stock when we get back, yeah?"

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Children?" Neil asked sharply, frozen in the doorway with the door still held open.

"That's pretty low, isn't it?"

He noddd, to signify he was 'in', and looked at Alice.

Not so much to see if she were coming, as to whether she needed him to grab anything from inside besides his own gear.

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

There's only one reason they would trade in people, especially children and that would be to trade with them, she thought with her ears bending backwards in anger.

"I'm in. This needs to get shut down." Alice turned to Neil and continued, "While you're in there could you grab my stuff as well?"

Then Alice made her way to her vehicle, started it, and waited for Nightfall to return.

Leaving Glissade, the trio make their way to the Guy West Pedestrian Bridge in search of Spartan... and the suspected Privateers.

End Scene

Nice Job. Please continue in Who's Hunting Who

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread