Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch
51 - 60
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Times are Changing

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6

Was that supposed to make more sense? More spirits, legends, realms, and whatever he meant by border marches, barriers and resonances were all passing way over his head. Then to top it all off there were apparently homocidal freaks ready to kill him over something that happened god knows when.
    Wait. How was he supposed to be sure he wasn't from one of those Pure werewolves. Even without whatever convoluted methods these people used to track who had what pedigree, Casey's family history was greatly lacking in branches. He wasn't sure he wanted to bring this up to these guys though. It didn't seem a good idea to say it might be possible he was a blood enemy.
    Then he started talking about joining a pack. How much did he know about these people anyway? They seemed alright, but what if this was a if your not with us your against us kind of offer? Casey felt like he was being backed into a corner, so he started looking for a way out.
    "Well, uh, thanks for the concern. Touching. Really. Right now I think I need some time to think this all through. You know, go home, get clothes on, get resumes ready." Casey glanced at the door.

u
    ursur5

Steve waits for matthew to finish reading him the intiation and speaks up. " Of course your free to go whenever you choose. Dont take what you heard hear lightly. Like it or not your one of us now and their are things out there that will try to kill you for that alone. a lone wolf is a dead wolf, trust me ive had to find out the hard way."

Firebringer

PRE

Matthew looks Casey in the eye, deadly serious. "This last bit is important. Don't reveal your nature to humans. Such revelations rarely work out in our favor." He then relaxes visibly, giving Casey a sad smile. "I know this is a lot to throw at you at once, and I wish I could do a better job of explaining. If you want, we can exchange phone numbers. Otherwise, the best place to find one of us is Fremont Park. It's a tur, neutral ground. Even Pure can enter it and talk peacefully." And any who break that promise, Matthew thinks fiercely, answer to me.

Like anyone would believe him or freak out if he tried to show him. Not telling anybody seemed an obvious choice. Of course if he went beserk again that might not be so easy.
    "About the whole under wraps thing. Is there some way to know when something I just did is coming on? Just bar the door on the full moon or something?"
    He would have liked to just thank and run but the look Matthew had given made him think that he might want to be especially clear on that point before leaving.

Firebringer

PRE

"There is no specific time during which that might happen again, no. However, our emotions are much stronger than humans' especially rage and anger. There will be times that your anger will seem almost overpowering. A state similar to what you experienced, called Death Rage, awaits those who give in." Matthew's eyes take on a distant look for a few seconds, and he shivers slightly, remembering. "If you allow yourself to give into your rage, the results are never pleasant."

Well that was less than comforting, Casey thought. Now he was feeling more nerveous again. The world just kept getting larger and the amount of "happy pixie dust" wasn't helping. He really just wanted to go home now. A place he was in control, familiar with. He looked again at the exit.
    "Great." The tone was more despairing than sarcastic.
    "Well if that's all the important stuff I'm going to go have a panic attack in the comfort of my own home," he says in a way that sounds far to serious. Casey began to edge towards the door.

u
    ursur5

Steve laughs as casey edges toward the door. " Dont mistake anger for weakness. if you can learn to control it. Your aggression can be your greatest weapon. No amount of hiding is gonna make this go away. You are what you are, the sooner you accept it. The sooner you can learn to control it."

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

"Don't forget, Casey. Fremont Park, when you're ready."

Casey wasn't sure how to respond.
    "Thanks," was the best he could do.
    He shifted to wolf and trotted out, breaking into a run once he was out of sight. The feeling of deja vu didn't help clear his head any.

u
    ursur5

Steve heads out after casey before turning back to matthew one last time. " Good luck with the kid, hes pretty scared. You might need it." with that he turns to his urhan form and runs out.

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6