Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
101 - 107
DISPLAYED
Blowing off steam...

Page 11 of 11 First ... 7 8 9 10 11

Max hesitated but a second. He'd probably get pissed if push came to shove and he had to take orders from a youngling.

A youngling who's mind he could probably bend so hard he'd be begging to give Max the title of Prefect. Hell, Max could probably even kick his ass with Kindred abilities. But this was hardly the time or the environment to start dicking about. Max had his mind set on re-establishing the Movement and becoming Myrmidon, anyway. Being Prefect was probably more work of the kind Max didn't really care for.

"You've got my vote, Prefect." Max said as he returned a small smile.

"I'm Maximiliaan Timberwoods, by the way. But you can call me Max."

Max fumbled for his cell and checked if he'd recalled his number correctly (he hadn't) and wrote it down on a slip of paper before handing it to Jack.

I don't expect you to understand this now, Jack, but I need this ...If you ever decide to screw me or the Movement I hope for your sake you do it so hard and fast I'll never get in a position to return the favor.

Jack Bennett
    Jack Bennett

PRE

Jack took the number and shoved it back into his pocket. He took out another scrap of paper and wrote his cell phone number on it.

It was good news that the movement was starting to get off from the ground, but jack knew better than to put his full trust in this Kindred. The last movement was nearly torn apart by power games, he wasn't going to let that happen. At least not untill the covenat was strong enough to weather such a thing.

"Thanks. Once we have the numbers, I'll be stepping down from the position and holding an vote for a suitable replacement." He said as he handed Max his number along with his name. "So there will be no need for power fuck fests untill then. This isn't the First Estate after all."

Watching the conversation between the two in silence, and feeling that this would be as good a time as any, Laura pipes up.

"Jack, you still want that ride? Dawn's coming fast and I for one don't wanna be out in it." She slips on her helmet but not before winking to Max, her Mask helping to fight the power in his blood.

Max shifts his attention to Laura, not failing to notice the wink. Way too good looking. The both of them. Damned younglings were making Max look plain ugly by comparison.

"Heh, if this was the First Estate we'd have screwed each other over ten times before letting anyone claim Title." Max says before looking back to Jack.

"Fucking each other for personal gain can wait. Indefinitely, if it was up to me. I won't object to your status as Prefect until we number five. As long as we get things done."

"Now, sorry if I have kept you from your business, Prefect." says Max -not at all in jest- before standing up from his barstool and meeting Laura's helmed gaze.

"Until next we meet, miss." says Max, making the last word sound like a question.

Laura nods, an over-exaggerated movement seeing that her helmet is firmly attached. She heads towards the exit, waiting until Jack follows.

Jack Bennett
    Jack Bennett

PRE

Jack nods in agreement. Power games can wait till later. "Anyway, I have to get moving. Burning moonlight and everything. If you run into any unaligned interested in joining or Movement members that blow into town you give me a call. 'Till then, have a good one." With that, Jack give Max a pat on the shoulder as he moves pass him and follows Laura to the exit.

Max tries not to tense when Jack pats him. And succeeds. It wasn't that Max disliked the guy -Jack had actually made a good, if gruff, impression- but Jack was still Kindred. That meant he wasn't to be trusted, not yet anyway. Probably never if one was talking about 'complete trust'. It's funny how we refer to those we distrust implicitly as "Kindred" and name others something less affectionately.

Max hoped the Movement would change that. One night...

For the moment though, Max waved his Prefect goodbye and remained seated for a few minutes. After he was sure his Prefect and lovable companion had disappeared from the vicinity he rose and left Elysium. He wasn't in the mood for more interaction with his kindred spirits but was assured much of it in the coming nights.

Page 11 of 11 First ... 7 8 9 10 11
Closed Thread