Year 1681

Samanosuke sat cross-legged recieving a beating across the shoulders from his sire. The wretched bastard lay one hit into him after another with a withered bamboo staff. Samanosuke took the hits, resenting them, but too ingrained in his training to ever lash out against a superior.

Superior this fool was not, only in this deathless unlife was he more powerful if anything simply by his knowledge of this existence that Samanosuke did not have. That would change soon, his Sire was teaching him more and more every day. Teaching him the laws of the Kindred, how to formally interact with another of his kind. How to properly defer to a shogun of the Kindred people. Many things... tonights lesson was on feeding, and of some act he called diablerie. Soul-eating, he explained further.

As the Oni within him, looking through Samanosuke's eyes, looked upon him and knew. With his back turned to Samanosuke, he was vulnerable. His Oni could be consumned by Samanosuke, thereby making him stronger, making the two demons become one... but could Samanosuke attack him quickly enough? He had been trained to pull the blood forth to move faster, to have more strength in his muscle, he could do this, the Oni told him so...

Samanosuke pushed the blood in his body, the Oni calling to it and making himself stronger than any mortal man.

A Blink Of An Eye....

Samanosuke had his sire slammed against the wall. The bent, gangly, form being smashed into the wall with such force that the sire called out to him thinking he had been attacked by someone else. He called for Samanosuke to help him.

"You fool, it is I who has you, you truely are a burakumin peasant. I was samurai! How dare you taint my honor like this!" Samanosuke roared into the back of his Sire's head.

The Oni called for blood, to feed upon his Sire, to devour his Sire's Oni and become one... to become more powerful. Samanosuke oblidged, he bit deeply, tearing into his Sire's throat and drank him dry.

Just before the last of it was pulled forth from the body, Samanosuke slamming his Sire harder against his feeble struggling, his Sire spoke, his eyes cast with a look of fear and shame.

"You are O-Yama, a devil-plague, I should never have made this mistake."
The words came out and then his soul was consumed by Samanosuke. He let the body crumble unceremoniously to the floor, where it shattered into a thousand little motes of ash. Samanosuke reared back roaring in triumph. A roar of pure bestial glee.

That night, O-Yama was born...