Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 19
DISPLAYED
Looking for directions in the coffee shop.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

~Narration~

"You wanna be rude about it? Then piss off. Look it up in the damned phone book, you idiot." The guitarist walks off to the counter and looks like he's ordering a drink.

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

We don't have time for this fucking crap! He is COMMING! [color=white]John though with gritted teeth. He turned around and looked at the other patrons. "Does anyone here know where the four seasons is?" He called to everyone in the coffee house. He didn't have time of social nicieties, they just needed to get somewhere safe.

E
    Em

Without waiting for a response to John question, Navaja hurries across the room to the pick up side of the counter. "Do you have a phone book we could borrow for a minute?"

What are the chances of the street address being on my crappy map? What are the chances of us walking there without being picked up? It's not like I have other options.

~Narration~

Over the crowd and noise, the only person that seems to notice the two of you is a rather large and brusque looking barrister. He points at the door "Get out, get a damn cab. I will not have you causing trouble in my business."

E
    Em

Navaja briefly considers causing a scene. It says something about her state of mind that she would consider this, but she's just about at that point. "John, lets go. We can't stay here. A cab might not be a bad idea. I'll pay." And have to find another way for paying for the boarding house.

She turns and walks to the door and opens it, and hesitates. She does not want to walk back out on that street with no direction. She peers out to see if there are cabs visible, or if she's going to have to walk to find one.

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

John Scowled at the Barister. Cursing the man was looking like a very good option. Desperatiopn can make you concider options you wouldn't normaly think. "Ok, I chip in some money." He said as he moved to the door and stops. There was still a the treat of being taken again, and it was scaring the hell out of him. No choice but to risk it I suppose. He thought.

E
    Em

"We've got to go." Navaja says, low enough for only John to hear. "Here's the plan. We walk very fast until we see a cab. Don't run, or we'll cause a scene. If you see anything strange, we'll duck into a business. And if you see a police officer, do not speak to him, whatever you do."

She steps out onto the sidewalk that had seemed reasonably safe a half an hour ago, but was now almost her worst nightmare.

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

Johns eyes were scanning the street, anything could happen now. "Got it." He replied as he followed navaja onto the sidewalk. He wished he was armed like he was before, but that was then. "Lets move."

E
    Em

As they're standing in front of the coffee house, Navaja spots a cab coming right up the street. Overcoming, through sheer desperation, the fear that it's some kind of bait to lure them back, she jumps at it, waving her arms.

As the cab stops, she gets in and scoots over, letting John in. She orders the cabbie "Take us to the Four Seasons Hotel." She adds as an afterthought "Please." and mutters under her breath "And please please know how to get there without asking us."

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.