Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Archival

Starling was in the archives, a few books piled out on a table; he himself was pacing back and forth in front of it. He jumped a little when he heard Tyria come in, and then just leaned back against the table, letting out a sigh when he saw who was there.

Status (Consilium) •••
    Status (Mysterium) •••••
    Presence •••
    Striking Looks •• (Elegant)
    Occultation •••
    Tyria Primoria
    Status (Consilium) •••Status (Mysterium) •••••

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Tyria looked at her right hand. "Did you feel that? The Sybil's Sight was... unpleasant," she said.

Starling pulls down the sweater-vest and nods his head once, looking a bit paler than usual. "I was trying to find something...anything in these books...but there's nothing." He then smiles a little weakly, "It can't be too awful though...we'd have everyone smashing their way down the lift."

Status (Consilium) •••
    Status (Mysterium) •••••
    Presence •••
    Occultation •••
    Tyria Primoria

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Tyria gave a faint smile. "That's because they're smashing my office door down." She reached back and pulled her hair into a pony tail, wrapping a rubber band around it.

"My first thought was a Bound," she said, "but I've never seen a hint of one mentioned in this city." She walked over to the wall that contained the indices and pulled several down. "You know Andrade will expect us to have all the answers prepared in a nice, neat dossier," Tyria added with a hint of laughter in her voice.

"Of course, and we'll just have to give her the best impromptu speech imaginable about how we've researched and read and gone through the archives and found no references to anything like it." He grins, and then slides out one or two more of his own, "Well, assuming we don't, anyway."

Status (Consilium) •••
    Status (Mysterium) •••••
    Presence •••
    Occultation •••
    Tyria Primoria

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm glad to see Theo taking an interest, finally," Tyria mused as she began reading. "Although he seems to want answers just handed to him. Have you heard anything from Porter? He seems fit for a Procurer position, but lacks any drive, from what I can tell."

Tyria began to consider checking the Augery files. Starling wasn't cleared for that information, but she wasn't sure she could go through them all alone. Using spells to aid research of those had a tendency to... muddy the waters.

Starling settles back in his chair, eyes poring over a tome, "He's very quiet. Too quiet, at times." He then considers Theo, "At least he's taking an interest. He just needs to learn the power of research. Maybe I should start giving him research papers to write."

Status (Consilium) •••
    Status (Mysterium) •••••
    Presence •••
    Occultation •••
    Tyria Primoria

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"I think he wanted to make a name for himself, as a Spatiomancer," Tyria said, pausing to look up and adjust her glasses. "I think he was quite surprised at John's prowess," she added with a shrug.

"I doubt anyone could match our darling John for quite some time. At least, no one in this city." He pores over the tome in his hand squinting at a few pages, before finally pulling out a pair of reading glasses of his own.

Closed Thread