Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
A Night of Sophistication

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    J
    JollyGiant

"The Seneschal, eh? I hadn't known this was her joint," Harry says. If that was true, and she did show up, then maybe he could grease the wheels, get his name out there, make a reputation for himself, and more importantly, for the Lancea Sanctum. "Who knows? We can always hope she shows up before too long. Anyway, the show's about to start. Why don't we head in? Perhaps if we're lucky, she'll poke her head out after the show."

Harry knew it was a long shot, but hey, company never hurt, especially if he could maybe find out news about the city's happenings from it.

Martin hesitated a moment, then shrugged. "Certainly. Let's grab a chair." He'd essentially had the same thought--no reason not to have a little company. Besides, this was Elysium. Nothing was going to happen here.

J
    JollyGiant

As the two take their seats, Harry decides to continue their conversation, albeit at a lower volume (to do otherwise would be disrespectful for those around them!).

"So tell me, Mr. Carpenter, has much been happening in the city these days? I'm afraid I get so caught up in my duties with the church that I sometimes forget all else. It's a little embarrassing, really."

With a disconsolate sigh, Martin settles into his seat. "Sadly, Mr. Walsh, I have very little to share. I am but a recent arrival to the capitol, myself." He pauses a moment--Did he say church? Careful.
    "Let's see, what little do I know... the Carthian prefect had a blood hunt called down upon him for breaches of the Mask, but I believe he has been apprehended and will be dealt with at Court. And I was told something about nomads outside of the city, attacking Kindred with something called Mandragora."

J
    JollyGiant

"The Carthian prefect, you say? Interesting. I haven't had much to do with them, but --" Harry bites his tongue. He was about to say that the young upstarts probably deserved it, but he had no idea where his companion's loyalties lay. A bit of quick thinking though, and he was making a decent save. "But I would not have thought their prefect would do such a thing."

"You said you didn't have much to share, but even that much was more than I knew. I have been so... absorbed, shall we say, in my duties, that I am practically new myself."
    Harry came to make some contacts, and it looks like now he was seizing his opportunity. "Being new as you are, though, it never hurts to have an ally. You seem like a nice enough fellow, Mr. Carpenter. If you ever find yourself in need of a little help, feel free to give me call." He hands the younger-looking vampire a small card with his cell number on it, a wolfish grin on his face.

Martin takes the card with a smile, looking at it briefly before tucking it away in an inside pocket. "Thank you, Mr. Walsh. Hold on--I've got--" He pats his chest, nods to himself, and digs in another pocket before retrieving a small case, which he pops open. He retrieves a card from it, and presents the card to Harry. "And in case you should ever need to contact me, Mr. Walsh."

J
    JollyGiant

Harry takes Martin's card, glancing at it momentarily, though the dim theater prevents this from doing much good. He tucks it into a pocket on the inside of his suit jacket and says, "Much obliged."

"Absolutely," Martin says, taking a moment to check out the actual show, and worrying this interaction in the back of his mind. Was this really so smart? He still didn't know all the players in this town... could be he was just being used to bait a hook.
    Time would tell.

Martin watches the show, mildly impressed by the antics of these performers. When it has ended, he stands, giving Harry a nod. "Good evening, Mr. Walsh. It was a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

J
    JollyGiant

"It was certainly nice to meet you as well, Mr. Carpenter. Have a good night now."

Harry stands, stretching his dead muscles and reflecting momentarily on the show. It was okay, he guessed, but he had never been the kind of person who understood this sort of thing. Too fancy for him.

He walks slowly from the theater, much to the chagrin of those behind him, but they didn't matter. As he makes his way into the street, he idly considers grabbing a bite to eat, so to speak. He deserved it, after all that he had just accomplished -- it was no small step for him, and he was feeling good.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.