Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch
11 - 16
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Nick and Rain arrive

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Toby's eyes snap to meet Dana's after her question. He takes a long breath in, carefully considering how he'll proceed.

"I'd like to...see what happens," he says after a moment. Toby's finger and eyes go back to his water glass, wiping it clean of the moisture collected on its surface. "I hate to use a pedestrian term like 'trial period,' because that doesn't really work. Let's just say I'd like to get to know you two and see how we fit together. If we fit together. Does that make sense?"

Nick nods. "Not a problem. Do you know a good place for us to stay? At least for a while?"

Toby reaches into his jacket and pulls out a folded map of Sacramento. It is what you'd expect a tourist to have. On it, there are several scribbled words indicating points of interest and a few of the streets are highlighted.

"These roads, here, are called the Tur. If you stay on these, you are safe from offending others; you won't be violating any territory, basically. We are in the sticks out here as far as territories go, but if you head downtown stay on the Tur until you get friendly with the locals. I was also told not to go too far north of town. Anshega." He leans in close as he says the last, the First Tongue word coming out harsh from a Hishu tongue.

"This is where we are," he points to where El Patron would lie on the map. "I live a little southwest of here. There should be plenty of hotels along the highway until you find a more permanent residence."

Unsure what to say next, Toby's words trail off. He gives Nick and Dana a calm smile as he begins to refold his map.

"We'll be sure to remember that," Dana replies.

Nick's and Dana's orders arrive, and there is silence as the two begin eating.

Toby waits what he considers a respectable amount of time before speaking up again.

"Was there anything else either of you needed before I go? Oh, before I forget..." Toby plucks a pen out from inside his jacket pocket and scribbles a number down on a napkin. "This is my cell phone number, in case you need to call."

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Narration:
    The three of you exchange phone numbers, and go your seperate ways.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.